iso800

Installation Help

I downloaded the mod last night and I cant seem to get it to install correctly as I'm not seeing the modified main menu. I'm running the 64 bit steam version. Specifically Id like to know what directory to install the mod to .

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? Installation of Mod
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? Yes
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?  Steam
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (Updates are included in the Steam version. Skip this question if you are using that.)
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file? Fresh Installation
6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided? did not think it was needed as it was the latest version of the mod
7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation? N/A
8) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) None
9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?  I installed the mod to the directory as instructed but its not installing correctly as I dont see the modified main menu
10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod? yes
11) Have you tried using a different save game? Im starting a brand new game
12) Have you tried starting a new game? yes
13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) Windows 8 64 bit
14) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen? No

You need to use the TSL Patcher always. Make sure you click the swkotor2 folder for the mod to be installed.

• Like 1

ok what exactly is the patcher? I'm using the steam version of the game so its up to date .  I installed the mod to this directory: Steam default (64-bit windows); C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\     and im still not getting the new main menu . Any ideas as to what i could be doing wrong?

Just to be sure... you're executing the patcher, yes? You double click it, a program comes up, and you run that? You're not just dropping it into your Override?

Yeah, you should be running the .exe patcher. A menu will pop up and then you'll have to plug in that directory

Yep I'm running the .exe  file of the mod and installing it to the specified directory . I noticed last night that there is a change when I install the mod. I get a large white area that covers most of the main menu . Still not getting the TSLRCM main menu

Where is the patcher exe file located for the steam version of the game? Might as well try it . 

Here, try following this guide. Xuul knows what he does, and he does it well:

Yea I installed exactly as shown in the video but I'm still not getting the updated main menu . Idk what's wrong

Here, try following this guide. Xuul knows what he does, and he does it well: 

:)

Yea I installed exactly as shown in the video but I'm still not getting the updated main menu . Idk what's wrong

Just to confirm- your Kotor 2 is installed in the correct location (you dont have you games in another drive or anything?). I can try to help you out. If not i *Think* i'll have my new video on TSLRCM installation ready by friday

:D

Just to confirm- your Kotor 2 is installed in the correct location (you dont have you games in another drive or anything?). I can try to help you out. If not i *Think* i'll have my new video on TSLRCM installation ready by friday

Would this video be covering the fact that GOG uses a different path and the TSLRCM installer might or might not detect it, requiring the user to go to the path themselves?

Edit: Well, any release of the game, really...

:)

Yea I have the steam version of the game so it's installed under the steam apps directory on my only hard drive. I had to edit the .ini file to allow the game to run in windowed mode before I found out about this mod . Idk if any of those changes would keep this mod from working or not . Only thing I can think of atm . Also, the video would be great ! Thx and hopefully it will help me be able to play as I haven't started a game yet as I want to play it with this mod first

You didn't install it in override did you?

And the installer doesn't check the registry AFAIK. It simply points to the 4-CD default location.

Nope, I installed it to kotor2 folder under steam apps/kotor2. not directly in the override folder

This is very weird. It should be isntalling properly if you are doing the correct directory. Which you are. Would it be possible for you to record your prossess with a screencapture software? Then showing us how you try installing i9t?

post-13327-0-17333900-1423623053_thumb.pngpost-13327-0-69071600-1423623095_thumb.png

Here's the screenshots of the directory I installed to and the result when I launch the game

Here's screenshots of the directory I installed to and the resulting main menu when i launch the game.

This is very interesting. Everything seems to be correct. Although I'm guessing the white part of the menu is suppsed to say Restored Content 1.8.3 or whatever, but the file might be corrupted. Did you use this link? http://deadlystream.com/

• Like 1

Alright, send an update here when you're done. I'll try and see if there are any other factors that can cause this not to work.