Sign in to follow this  
fitscotgaymer

Need some help

Hey folks.

Need some help with some restored content. Specifically the Black Vulkar base.

Got there - got up to the second floor. Got the mechanic id card and the strong box codes. And cant progress. Get down to the garage because the door is still locked; and cant get past the heavy security door on the second floor (which I presume is where I need to be?) either.

So I am flat stuck. Help?

I think I did?

Didn't realise that the base would have that much extensive restored content - and before the restoration, that's what you had to do...

Ah. Well unfortunately you'll have to load a save from before you disabled them, as that makes it impossible to progress. It will be fixed in 1.0, but right now you just can't disable them.

I hope you didn't already restart, because I found a way to get past this, thanks to another post on this site.

1. Make a copy of your save file just to back it up in case something goes wrong.

2. Download the KOTOR save editor if you don't have it already (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;68852#Download)

3. Open up KSE and it should detect your saves automatically if they're in a normal spot.  

4. Navigate to Globals -> Numerics, and look for Tar_VulkarElevator.  Set it to 0 and commit the change. 

Now you can go to the panel on the main level next to the garage and you can get further.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I hope you didn't already restart, because I found a way to get past this, thanks to another post on this site.

1. Make a copy of your save file just to back it up in case something goes wrong.

2. Download the KOTOR save editor if you don't have it already (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;68852#Download)

3. Open up KSE and it should detect your saves automatically if they're in a normal spot.  

4. Navigate to Globals -> Numerics, and look for Tar_VulkarElevator.  Set it to 0 and commit the change. 

Now you can go to the panel on the main level next to the garage and you can get further.  Hope this helps!

I sliced the computer to turn off the security system out of desperation. The old mechanic who's dialogue is supposed to change (to mention the heat system), doesn't change for me. I've killed everybody, got the card from the spice mechanic dude, got the message saying Brejik's a dick and changed the code. Now no dialogue. So I sliced the computer system, and implemented the above fix...and I still can't get the dialogue. I'm playing on Android, so I can't cheat in the proper item with the console. Can I use the savegame editor to do that, and will that allow me to progress? I'll post this in the bugs thread too.