Sign in to follow this  
linuxgrrl2

Bugged HK factory (?)

I have the latest RCM and compatible M4-78 mods, widescreen patch, and no other mods. Running on Linux in Wine (so I know the registry/install folder is clean of cruft).

I enter the factory and toddle to the room with Huey, Dewey, and Louie (the three HK's). I inititate conversation with them. I _don't_ get the awesome soft meabag-like underbelly line from any of the conversational options.

When I move to the room with the repair droid my only option is to leave it alone, as I can't use it to reprogram myself. I've walked back to the reactor and tried to shut it off and H/D/L all tell me I can't over the comm system, and when I return they still don't show me their meatbag-like underbellies.

I think without being able to trigger that line I can't proceed. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a global I can set or something else I can jigger?

I've already redone the Handmaiden fight and the Atris fight, and started the HK factory again, and the same problem happens. So, it's not a one-time glitch that would be fixed by restarting before HK goes to the factory.

Doesn't sound like an error to me. The ones in the testing area (shooting the droids) are not the same from the cutscenes.

You trigger the line when it's appropriate, and you missed a whole bunch of steps yet.

I was already half-asleep when I wrote my first post, and it shows :).

I've entered the complex and cleared 3 wings. I've tried to shut off the reactor, turned off the comm system, re-started HK-51 manufacturing, pullled the chain for the probe droid and found the mainetance droid sitting in the storage area.

I can't forget that turning off the reactor will harm the HK units, I can't turn off the reactor. I've run the map several times, testing all the locked doors (they're still locked) and consoles (in case I missed a command).

As I said above, I talked to the tiny maintenance droid, the larger probe droid, and the three HK units. If there are any other droids to talk to, I would appreciate a pointer as to where they are, because i haven't seen any other droids, except hostiles.

I've checked all terminals I could find, and all doors I could find. The communications system is off. I can't shut down the reactor. I can't pass 'Go' and collect $200 :D.

Check 1, you've turned off Comm system right? Then you've tried to shut the reactor off again? You should receive a specific indication that you need to wipe your memory of that in the journal