#301 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Update time!

I've been working on the Telos surface skybox. It's not finished yet but I'm quite happy with how it's turning out. And since you don't actually see much of the terrain ingame ( :( ), here's a render.

6FQM8KB.png

The mountains are not quite finished, I'll add more sand on the coast (and brighten it up) for a better beach. The trees are just placeholders, the sun position might be tweaked and the clouds still need to extend further into the distance.

The clouds for the part behind the camera that's outside of the restoration zone are the one thing that I haven't worked on at all.

#302 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:29 PM

That looks good! So photorealistic, it can give EAFront a run for its money!

#303 The Cyber Pyro

The Cyber Pyro

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

It can give EAFront a run for its money!

That's not really a difficult thing to do. Anything's better than their schlock

#304 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:48 PM

That's not really a difficult thing to do. Anything's better than their schlock

I was talking about the visuals.

#305 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:22 AM

This may be a horrible idea but in TSL you can set the module in the .are file to rain and thunder so if you wanted to, in an optional download, make HQ Skyboxes but make the Skybox with dark cloud's and add the rain and thunder in. You might need to edit some module files though so it isn't raining inside a building or in a cave for example as well as add lightning flares in the sky. I think Telos, Dantooine, Dxun, Onderon, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa and Malachor may work (If you, or anyone, does this make the installation modular so you don't have every planet rainy and stormy). Even if you don't want to do an HQ Skybox reskinning the vanilla skyboxes to have dark low res clouds and adding the rain and thunder will make a good mod.

#306 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

So you want dark clouds? You can have those:

EA7uJZBh.png

In other words: The Telos skybox is now (almost) done and it has a total of four cloud layers which result in huge render times. Rendering only the two textures seen in the screenshot above at 1024x1024 with pretty low details took about 3:30 hours and that's after I prerendered the global illumination for 1:15 hours. Rendering the full size textures will be fun xD

This may be a horrible idea but in TSL you can set the module in the .are file to rain and thunder so if you wanted to, in an optional download, make HQ Skyboxes but make the Skybox with dark cloud's and add the rain and thunder in. You might need to edit some module files though so it isn't raining inside a building or in a cave for example as well as add lightning flares in the sky. I think Telos, Dantooine, Dxun, Onderon, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa and Malachor may work (If you, or anyone, does this make the installation modular so you don't have every planet rainy and stormy). Even if you don't want to do an HQ Skybox reskinning the vanilla skyboxes to have dark low res clouds and adding the rain and thunder will make a good mod.

Yeah, that's certainly possible but nothing I'm going to do. With my skyboxes, I'll try and stay very close to the vanilla designs. Not to mention that adding different weather conditions would be a huge amount of work when it comes to creating the skyboxes and that's not something I'm going to do.

#307 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

I think I have a new favorite skybox:

bwFe0MWh.jpg

Not much has actually changed since I last showed you Dantooine, but those tiny changes did make quite a difference. Among those are changes to the vegetation, to help blending the trees and the terrain. I also fixed the lake, prievously it simply ended mid air. I added the moons (not visible in this picture). Currently I'm adding some boulders that lie around just like in the game area. Then I'll tweak the distant mountains some more and Dantooine should be done. And I really love how well skybox and area model blend in this one.

But there are some other news as well. I decided to share my work on the planetside forums (Terragen forums) and since those folks over there can't do much with skyboxes, I started making wallpaper renders of my terrains/skies. The idea is to make one or two renders everytime I finish a skybox. And since some are already finished, I'll go back to these and make renders as well.

The first skybox to get this treatment was Telos, followed by Tatooine and Manaan. Click on the small images below and you'll get to the Full HD wallpapers. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with them when they're all done. Maybe I'll release them as a wallpaper pack or something.

1vjEZP5l.jpg    INmj66tl.jpg

po2bkabl.jpg    NRE7HWOl.jpg

#308 Salk

Salk

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:15 PM

Truly impressive!

I am looking forward to update your material within SW:KotOR: Upgrade!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users