big_J_93

Save Game Location when running in compatibility mode

Hi guys, 

In an effort to fix my current problem: 

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2985-crash-on-telos-when-getting-on-shuttle-to-restoration-zone/

I am trying to run KOTOR2 in compatibility mode (windows XP SP3). The only problem is, when you run in compatibility mode, your game saves are not there, so they must be saved in another directory.

The normal directory for game saves is:

C:\Users\ [user Name] \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

What is the directory for the compatibility mode game saves? I am trying move my win8.1 saves into the compatibility mode directory to see if I can get off telos when the game (with my win8 save) is running in compatibility mode (currently my game crashes when I board the shuttle to the restoration zone, see thread above).

Its not the same as the normal directory, any ideas where that directory might be? 

Actually, you have it backwards. The VirtualStore is not the normal directory.

In the KotOR 2 install directory is a saves folder. This is the "normal" place to find saves. When run in compatibility mode for Windows XP, the saves part is done as it was originally intended by the devs, from the saves folder in the install location. The Virtual Store is from Windows 7 and up, and is a failsafe if anything.

It has nothing to do with compatibility mode, it's simply admin / not admin.

Admin going to the proper location (savefolder/saves) and not admin going to that virtualstore map.

oohhh, ok. Thanks for the reply as well guys!

In the interest of being thorough, this did not fix my crash problem. The trouble shooting continues....