383 replies to this topic

#61 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:03 AM

I remember there was supposed to be a bazaar on sleheyron. Are you going to add that as well?

David Gaider who did most of the content on Sleheyron mentions a bazaar-like area with lots of merchants:

David Gaider:

There was a bazaar-like area with merchants where you could find the major domos of four seperate
Hutts. These were the fellows that you could do quests for, though most of the quests came down to two
of the Hutts -- specifically Moosh and Suuda.

We plan to incorporate a bazaar-type atmosphere into an area with lots of merchants, as well as majordomos for the Hutts.

#62 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:02 AM

Multiple team members, myself very much included, have talked with him separately and in groups about the project ever since last summer, laying the ground-work for where we plan to go with this mod.

Well, that is certainly great news. Seeing the dedicated TSLRCM team help SithSpecter out with Sleheyron is definitely a big step towards the mod seeing the light of day, unlike all the other failed attempts at restoring the planet. I'll be honest though and say my expectations are in check. Far too many times I have seen people with all these grand plans they have with a modding project (Not just in this community, but many others. Pokemon being one of the bigger offenders.), yet the end result is almost always a mod that ends up never seeing completion. Of course, since all this work is done for free, developers have every right to cancel their projects, but it still is disappointing at the end of the day.

And it being K1R-Compatible is practically a must now that the mod is in a usable state...  :D

...And it all (K1R and its expansions, this mod included) being Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge compatible is practically a must since that is a "must have" mod that practically everyone has installed right....RIGHT?!?!?!

Please?  :D 

#63 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,214 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:25 AM

Multiple team members, myself very much included, have talked with him separately and in groups about the project ever since last summer, laying the ground-work for where we plan to go with this mod.

Well, that is certainly great news. Seeing the dedicated TSLRCM team help SithSpecter out with Sleheyron is definitely a big step towards the mod seeing the light of day, unlike all the other failed attempts at restoring the planet. I'll be honest though and say my expectations are in check. Far too many times I have seen people with all these grand plans they have with a modding project (Not just in this community, but many others. Pokemon being one of the bigger offenders.), yet the end result is almost always a mod that ends up never seeing completion. Of course, since all this work is done for free, developers have every right to cancel their projects, but it still is disappointing at the end of the day.

And it being K1R-Compatible is practically a must now that the mod is in a usable state...  :D

...And it all (K1R and its expansions, this mod included) being Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge compatible is practically a must since that is a "must have" mod that practically everyone has installed right....RIGHT?!?!?!

Please?  :D 

Indeed, though I feel I must point out that it's the K1R team, not TSLRCM team... :P

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#64 HK-47

HK-47

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

Observation: Wow. This project is taking off more than I thought.

Statement: I will be keeping a close photoreceptor on it.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

~Observation: And if you did master, I could not prevent you. I would suggest that if my words are difficult to hear, then it is long past time someone said them to you. Speaking from the perspective of one who suffers considerable memory problems, repressing such horrific acts of slaughter, seems like such a waste. It is better to drag such delightful memories kicking and screaming into the open where they may be examined and replayed again and again savoring each beautiful moment. -HK-47 to the Exile KotOR2~

This is what I dream of when I see people whining about things, ignoring the facts. This is what whiny people look like. All I can say to whiny people on the internet is this, just not in so few words. If you don't like it, fill out this form.

#65 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:22 AM

There has been much talk about lightmaps, and I just wanted to make a clear distinction of what lightmaps do for area models. Here is a before/after with lightmaps on and removed for your viewing pleasure:

LMvs01.jpg

LMvs02.jpg

LMvs03.jpg

LMvs04.jpg

LMvs05.jpg

LMvs06.jpg

As you can see, lightmaps make a huge difference in setting the mood of the area and can make or break the feel of a module. They are very important to get right.

#66 Zhaboka

Zhaboka

Syndic

• M478_Staff
  • 444 posts
  • LocationCsilla

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

WOW yeah that is dramatic. Really puts the kibosh on non-lightmapped custom modules.

Posted Image

#67 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

Let there be light......maps!

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#68 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

I'll probably be Re-installing Kotor again when both this planet mod and a K1R comparability patch are released.

I love how you made your modules a near perfect recreation of the Sleheyron screenshots prior to Kotor's release. Great job!

Any chance on how the story for this planet will work out? Will you include a star map, and if so, where would you put it?

#69 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

I'll probably be Re-installing Kotor again when both this planet mod and a K1R comparability patch are released.

I love how you made your modules a near perfect recreation of the Sleheyron screenshots prior to Kotor's release. Great job!

Any chance on how the story for this planet will work out? Will you include a star map, and if so, where would you put it?

The story of Sleheyron will involve the elements that David Gaider (original Bioware writer for Sleheyron) has mentioned. I decline to post any further details, but I have spent quite a bit of time writing the story to fill in the gaps.

#70 D4R7H 5K3L370R

D4R7H 5K3L370R

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

After this is accomplished, someone should put together a more in depth recruit yuthura ban mod, to accompany this.
;)
having her return there would be interesting, with some quests of her own.
finding someone to do matching voice overs, or redoing all her lines would be the annoying part, unless they were replaced by the female twi leki (rylothean/ryl) spoken voice overs.

#71 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:30 AM

The Ebon Hawk deserves a place to land on Sleheyron:

landing%20bay2.jpg

#72 Rece

Rece

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

Is that Manaan's docking port?

Looks pretty cool.

Edit: Nvm, I jsut noticed it looks a lot different

"Awful Singing by Sith Holocron" (I thought that was funny)

I play games on a Mac.

Consider subscribing to my YouTube Channel :D

Check out my YouTube channel! I do gameplays on Star Wars games! I do mod reviews, tutorials, and even show updates for my own mods!

https://www.youtube....0HfwtUblmhSIpyQ

blEORqr.jpg

#73 Guest_R2-X2_*

Guest_R2-X2_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

I'm planning on including the Star Map. I've heard different rumors about the supposed difficulty of adding another Star Map (from easy to almost impossible), but I know a scripting genius who I'm confident can work it all out.

I love that you're going to restore as much as possible, including the star map. :) However, it made me think about one little thing: When will the Leviathan take place? Right now (if not counting Dantooine), it is after 3 star maps.

With Sleheyron and its star map added, I could think of 3 possible ways:

- Leviathan after 3 star maps (same amount of planets completed as now)

- Leviathan after 4 star maps (same amount of planets left to complete as now)

- Leviathan after 3 of the 4 star maps on non-Sleheyron planets (for someone with no scripting knowledge, like me, this might seem the easiest solution)

I would personally favour the 2nd, having 1 planet left after the Leviathan, and counting Sleheyron just like all the others (unlike in option 3, where it would seem... less important, idk). :blush: Would also be nice with the encounters, right now you have: map 1: Calo, map 3: Bandon; Leviathan, then it would be 1: Calo, 3: Bandon, 4: Leviathan. Your Opinion? :P

#74 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:09 PM

To chip in and share my opinion of the above post's idea:

I like the proposed order of

Map 1: Calo

Map 3: Bandon

Map 4: Leviathan

Logically, Malak would need more than a few hours' notice that Bandon had been defeated, and so captures the Hawk after learning that

#75 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

I apologize for the double post, but I can't find the edit button. Probably in plain sight :sleep:

Will this restoration affect Suvam Tan's shop? Its inventory changes every time you acquire a new Star Map (and I'm not quite sure what triggers the encounter with the Trandoshan thugs, but it also seems to be related)

#76 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

I love that you're going to restore as much as possible, including the star map. :D However, it made me think about one little thing: When will the Leviathan take place? Right now (if not counting Dantooine), it is after 3 star maps.

With Sleheyron and its star map added, I could think of 3 possible ways:

- Leviathan after 3 star maps (same amount of planets completed as now)

- Leviathan after 4 star maps (same amount of planets left to complete as now)

- Leviathan after 3 of the 4 star maps on non-Sleheyron planets (for someone with no scripting knowledge, like me, this might seem the easiest solution)

I would personally favour the 2nd, having 1 planet left after the Leviathan, and counting Sleheyron just like all the others (unlike in option 3, where it would seem... less important, idk). :blush: Would also be nice with the encounters, right now you have: map 1: Calo, map 3: Bandon; Leviathan, then it would be 1: Calo, 3: Bandon, 4: Leviathan. Your Opinion? :P

I have yet to work out the Star Map and how it affects all of the various encounters. What you suggest seems logical, and we will probably do that if it is feasible.

I apologize for the double post, but I can't find the edit button. Probably in plain site :sleep:

Will this restoration affect Suvam Tan's shop? Its inventory changes every time you acquire a new Star Map (and I'm not quite sure what triggers the encounter with the Trandoshan thugs, but it also seems to be related)

My opinion would be to leave Suvam's shop as it is, we'll have to see how this mod affects those encounters later in development.

On another note, Xuul has done an excellent job in previewing this mod:

His system proves that the areas do not lag on their own, and he gives a good overview of the mod.

#77 Boilpoint

Boilpoint

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

I know you showed some of the video footage before, but got all excited watching in the video review again.  It really does look great.

And I also really like the idea of not trying to expand the content too much with filler, but just polish it very nicely.  A small area that still feel like the quality of the rest of the game is much better than a large area with a lot of running but just feels like filler.  Atleast, I'm assuming from what I saw of the map that's what you're going for?

#78 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

I know you showed some of the video footage before, but got all excited watching in the video review again.  It really does look great.

And I also really like the idea of not trying to expand the content too much with filler, but just polish it very nicely.  A small area that still feel like the quality of the rest of the game is much better than a large area with a lot of running but just feels like filler.  Atleast, I'm assuming from what I saw of the map that's what you're going for?

Yes, that's what I'm going for. I'm trying to avoid to much useless space in the areas that I create. The street may even be a slightly large, but I studied the Bioware screenshots very, very closely to replicate it. It seems about the size of Anchorhead on Tatooine to me. The second street module with the bazaar sections is smaller, and each part has a definite purpose for the plot.

We will try to avoid too much running around through expansive areas in this mod.

#79 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:21 PM

A few questions...

1. Are those three modules finalized?

2. How many modules do you plan on having in total and what will they be?

3. Fair Strides mentioned adding the Czerka HQ and Tatooine Temple (cut content by Bioware) to your Sleheyron mod. Is that still the current plan?

#80 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:16 AM

A few questions...

1. Are those three modules finalized?

2. How many modules do you plan on having in total and what will they be?

3. Fair Strides mentioned adding the Czerka HQ and Tatooine Temple (cut content by Bioware) to your Sleheyron mod. Is that still the current plan?

#3 would be a great idea! It would be a shame to put such great modules to waste, wouldn't it? I know you want to create everything from scratch, but it would be a great idea for both the restoration mod and for the Sleheyron mod if one or two of the unused modules can find a home in Sleheyron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users