Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

First off, looks awesome! Second of all, the tech demo wasn't a finished product, so I for one wouldn't mind a bit of creative license, since the original looked a bit bland and unfinished.  And third, please, please don't quit like almost all largescale fan projects ultimately do.

Wow, I LOVE what I see. I'm stunned at the details put in. This is top level professional work here

It would really make a perfect KotOR experience if this was compatible with K1R and its possible future expansions....

Looks awesome! I currently have the demo and can't wait to try this out! Do you have an idea when this will be released? No rush intended, just curious. 

Currently, no idea whatsoever. At this point, we don't even have an idea when it'll be done. :)

First off, looks awesome! Second of all, the tech demo wasn't a finished product, so I for one wouldn't mind a bit of creative license, since the original looked a bit bland and unfinished.  And third, please, please don't quit like almost all largescale fan projects ultimately do.

First off, thanks! Sith Specter's really showed off his skills with these new renditions. And he's been humble enough to outright say that his previous versions were garbage, and that's pretty rare right there. Second off, we've discussed this, but right now we'll just have to see where it goes... Third, I won't let it die anytime soon, no matter what. If anything, Sith Specter deserves to finally see this project come to fruition.

Wow, I LOVE what I see. I'm stunned at the details put in. This is top level professional work here

It would really make a perfect KotOR experience if this was compatible with K1R and its possible future expansions....

It will definitely be compatible with K1R. Nothing to worry about there.

• Like 2

First off, thanks! Sith Specter's really showed off his skills with these new renditions. And he's been humble enough to outright say that his previous versions were garbage, and that's pretty rare right there.

But! But! But! Even the demo from years ago was still amazing and impressive! I wouldn't say its garbage, just the new one is relatively better to the old one. ;)

Looks awesome! I currently have the demo and can't wait to try this out! Do you have an idea when this will be released? No rush intended, just curious. 

No idea, as the old adage goes, it will be done when it's done. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

If you are referring to the original Bioware screenshots of Sleheyron as the tech demo, I have carefully scoured hundreds of Bioware screenshots, including those from early formats, and the Sleheyron screenshots we have are consistent with the early format Dantooine and Kashyyyk, which appear to be in their finished states. Sleheyron is supposed to be kinda drab and bland. However, I do assure you that the areas have their own kind of beauty. I personally believe that my current work is about as good as it gets with the tools that we have. I have gotten better over the years, each attempt to work on Sleheyron has resulted in progressively better models. I do admit that most of my early stuff was very, very bad. And even the demo here on Deadly Stream pales in comparison to what I can now do with lightmaps.

Again, this will be a marathon, not a sprint. I may have to take occasional short breaks, but I will keep coming back to this, I somehow always do. I can't guarantee a constant stream of areas or content, but I will do my best to craft top-notch areas that are consistent with Bioware's intended Sleheyron.

But! But! But! Even the demo from years ago was still amazing and impressive! I wouldn't say its garbage, just the new one is relatively better to the old one. ;)

My very first ones were garbage. It was bad. Check some of the first pages here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186244

I have gotten progressively better, even though my latest stuff blows even the last demo out of the water.

No idea, as the old adage goes, it will be done when it's done. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

If you are referring to the original Bioware screenshots of Sleheyron as the tech demo, I have carefully scoured hundreds of Bioware screenshots, including those from early formats, and the Sleheyron screenshots we have are consistent with the early format Dantooine and Kashyyyk, which appear to be in their finished states. Sleheyron is supposed to be kinda drab and bland. However, I do assure you that the areas have their own kind of beauty. I personally believe that my current work is about as good as it gets with the tools that we have. I have gotten better over the years, each attempt to work on Sleheyron has resulted in progressively better models. I do admit that most of my early stuff was very, very bad. And even the demo here on Deadly Stream pales in comparison to what I can now do with lightmaps.

Again, this will be a marathon, not a sprint. I may have to take occasional short breaks, but I will keep coming back to this, I somehow always do. I can't guarantee a constant stream of areas or content, but I will do my best to craft top-notch areas that are consistent with Bioware's intended Sleheyron.

My very first ones were garbage. It was bad. Check some of the first pages here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186244

I have gotten progressively better, even though my latest stuff blows even the last demo out of the water.

I wouldn't say that ha ha. At least the old ones were made from scratch. Some planet mods just use retextured modules or not even retextured modules, they reuse modules and add different NPCs. (Not saying that is bad) Can't wait to see this! Keep up the awesome work!

• Like 1

Third, I won't let it die anytime soon, no matter what. If anything, Sith Specter deserves to finally see this project come to fruition.

Not only that, but it would be very convenient for K1R, as your team wouldn't have to create the planet on your own. You guys could just focus on the other expansion packs.

• Like 1

Third, I won't let it die anytime soon, no matter what. If anything, Sith Specter deserves to finally see this project come to fruition.

Not only that, but it would be very convenient for K1R, as your team wouldn't have to create the planet on your own. You guys could just focus on the other expansion packs.

Granted, though we've planned to work with Sith Specter on it ever since he announced the re-boot.

Multiple team members, myself very much included, have talked with him separately and in groups about the project ever since last summer, laying the ground-work for where we plan to go with this mod.

And it being K1R-Compatible is practically a must now that the mod is in a usable state... :)

• Like 1

I remember there was supposed to be a bazaar on sleheyron. Are you going to add that as well?

Sith Specter has mentioned the area to me, but I currently don't know what he has planned for the layout.

I remember there was supposed to be a bazaar on sleheyron. Are you going to add that as well?

David Gaider who did most of the content on Sleheyron mentions a bazaar-like area with lots of merchants:

David Gaider:

There was a bazaar-like area with merchants where you could find the major domos of four seperate

Hutts. These were the fellows that you could do quests for, though most of the quests came down to two

of the Hutts -- specifically Moosh and Suuda.

We plan to incorporate a bazaar-type atmosphere into an area with lots of merchants, as well as majordomos for the Hutts.

• Like 1

Multiple team members, myself very much included, have talked with him separately and in groups about the project ever since last summer, laying the ground-work for where we plan to go with this mod.

Well, that is certainly great news. Seeing the dedicated TSLRCM team help SithSpecter out with Sleheyron is definitely a big step towards the mod seeing the light of day, unlike all the other failed attempts at restoring the planet. I'll be honest though and say my expectations are in check. Far too many times I have seen people with all these grand plans they have with a modding project (Not just in this community, but many others. Pokemon being one of the bigger offenders.), yet the end result is almost always a mod that ends up never seeing completion. Of course, since all this work is done for free, developers have every right to cancel their projects, but it still is disappointing at the end of the day.

And it being K1R-Compatible is practically a must now that the mod is in a usable state...  :D

...And it all (K1R and its expansions, this mod included) being Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge compatible is practically a must since that is a "must have" mod that practically everyone has installed right....RIGHT?!?!?!

Please?  :D 

• Like 1

Well, that is certainly great news. Seeing the dedicated TSLRCM team help SithSpecter out with Sleheyron is definitely a big step towards the mod seeing the light of day, unlike all the other failed attempts at restoring the planet. I'll be honest though and say my expectations are in check. Far too many times I have seen people with all these grand plans they have with a modding project (Not just in this community, but many others. Pokemon being one of the bigger offenders.), yet the end result is almost always a mod that ends up never seeing completion. Of course, since all this work is done for free, developers have every right to cancel their projects, but it still is disappointing at the end of the day.

And it being K1R-Compatible is practically a must now that the mod is in a usable state...  :D

...And it all (K1R and its expansions, this mod included) being Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge compatible is practically a must since that is a "must have" mod that practically everyone has installed right....RIGHT?!?!?!

Please?  :D 

Indeed, though I feel I must point out that it's the K1R team, not TSLRCM team... :P

Observation: Wow. This project is taking off more than I thought.

Statement: I will be keeping a close photoreceptor on it.

There has been much talk about lightmaps, and I just wanted to make a clear distinction of what lightmaps do for area models. Here is a before/after with lightmaps on and removed for your viewing pleasure:

LMvs01.jpg

LMvs02.jpg

LMvs03.jpg

LMvs04.jpg

LMvs05.jpg

LMvs06.jpg

As you can see, lightmaps make a huge difference in setting the mood of the area and can make or break the feel of a module. They are very important to get right.

• Like 2

WOW yeah that is dramatic. Really puts the kibosh on non-lightmapped custom modules.

I'll probably be Re-installing Kotor again when both this planet mod and a K1R comparability patch are released.

I love how you made your modules a near perfect recreation of the Sleheyron screenshots prior to Kotor's release. Great job!

Any chance on how the story for this planet will work out? Will you include a star map, and if so, where would you put it?

I'll probably be Re-installing Kotor again when both this planet mod and a K1R comparability patch are released.

I love how you made your modules a near perfect recreation of the Sleheyron screenshots prior to Kotor's release. Great job!

Any chance on how the story for this planet will work out? Will you include a star map, and if so, where would you put it?

The story of Sleheyron will involve the elements that David Gaider (original Bioware writer for Sleheyron) has mentioned. I decline to post any further details, but I have spent quite a bit of time writing the story to fill in the gaps.

• Like 1

After this is accomplished, someone should put together a more in depth recruit yuthura ban mod, to accompany this.
;)
having her return there would be interesting, with some quests of her own.
finding someone to do matching voice overs, or redoing all her lines would be the annoying part, unless they were replaced by the female twi leki (rylothean/ryl) spoken voice overs.

Is that Manaan's docking port?

Looks pretty cool.

Edit: Nvm, I jsut noticed it looks a lot different

Guest R2-X2

I'm planning on including the Star Map. I've heard different rumors about the supposed difficulty of adding another Star Map (from easy to almost impossible), but I know a scripting genius who I'm confident can work it all out.

I love that you're going to restore as much as possible, including the star map. :) However, it made me think about one little thing: When will the Leviathan take place? Right now (if not counting Dantooine), it is after 3 star maps.

With Sleheyron and its star map added, I could think of 3 possible ways:

- Leviathan after 3 star maps (same amount of planets completed as now)

- Leviathan after 4 star maps (same amount of planets left to complete as now)

- Leviathan after 3 of the 4 star maps on non-Sleheyron planets (for someone with no scripting knowledge, like me, this might seem the easiest solution)

I would personally favour the 2nd, having 1 planet left after the Leviathan, and counting Sleheyron just like all the others (unlike in option 3, where it would seem... less important, idk). :blush: Would also be nice with the encounters, right now you have: map 1: Calo, map 3: Bandon; Leviathan, then it would be 1: Calo, 3: Bandon, 4: Leviathan. Your Opinion? :P

To chip in and share my opinion of the above post's idea:

I like the proposed order of

Map 1: Calo

Map 3: Bandon

Map 4: Leviathan

Logically, Malak would need more than a few hours' notice that Bandon had been defeated, and so captures the Hawk after learning that

I apologize for the double post, but I can't find the edit button. Probably in plain sight :sleep:

Will this restoration affect Suvam Tan's shop? Its inventory changes every time you acquire a new Star Map (and I'm not quite sure what triggers the encounter with the Trandoshan thugs, but it also seems to be related)