369 replies to this topic

#41 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

That's true, but choosing a fairly neutral primary AuroraDLight gives the best overall appearance for the characters. If you get creative, you might could section off different areas based on lighting and adjust the AuroraDLight brightness accordingly.

signaturegizka2-1.gif

#42 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:26 AM

That's true, but choosing a fairly neutral primary AuroraDLight gives the best overall appearance for the characters. If you get creative, you might could section off different areas based on lighting and adjust the AuroraDLight brightness accordingly.

So is that the deal with Kotor2's levels? They used lightmaps instead of Aurora lights? If so, that may explain why some of its skyboxes are darker while the characters are unrealistically light. (With an exception of Citadel Station, where it's the opposite)

I apologize if I keep bringing up in this thread too much, but would one be able to "fix" Kotor2 by adding aurora lights, or is that feature hardcoded?

Well to keep from drifting off-topic, I am still looking forward to what the Sleheyron level quests are going to look like, and am curious to see what will happen when the Hutt overlords are added. (Particularily if they're going to look different than vanilla or how their rivalries will play out) :)
|____________>>_______>>__/

#43 The.Frosty.One

The.Frosty.One

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHoth

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

This...is back?! *Woots at younger brother*
=Stay Frosty=

#44 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

You said you were keeping the original story, but I heard there was supposed to be another star map here, and apparently it is very difficult to mod the game to make that work.

#45 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

You said you were keeping the original story, but I heard there was supposed to be another star map here, and apparently it is very difficult to mod the game to make that work.

I'm planning on including the Star Map. I've heard different rumors about the supposed difficulty of adding another Star Map (from easy to almost impossible), but I know a scripting genius who I'm confident can work it all out.

signaturegizka2-1.gif

#46 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

Oh ok, cool beans. Oh, and if you could possibly try to make this compatible with KOTOR 1 Restoration mod and Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge that would be super!

#47 Nix

Nix

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

Looks awesome!

#48 Dastardly

Dastardly

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:11 AM

Wow, really looking forward to this.  :2guns: 

I recently took interest in making a module of my own, however whenever I try apply the Aurora Walkmesh modifier to a large mesh, my RAM usage shoots up to 13 gigs and my computer freezes. I figured out I don't need to use the walkmesh modifier to work, I just need to rename the node inside the .mdl to "aabb" and it imports/exports just fine in KAurora. I'm just wondering if you encountered the problem yourself?

"never encountered someone with such disdain for TSL" - Milestails responding to Sithspecter 

#49 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Wow, really looking forward to this.  :2guns: 

I recently took interest in making a module of my own, however whenever I try apply the Aurora Walkmesh modifier to a large mesh, my RAM usage shoots up to 13 gigs and my computer freezes. I figured out I don't need to use the walkmesh modifier to work, I just need to rename the node inside the .mdl to "aabb" and it imports/exports just fine in KAurora. I'm just wondering if you encountered the problem yourself?

It helps to slice your area and walkmesh into smaller models. Using the .lyt and .vis files to tell the game how to build the area out of all the little models. It does require some more tinkering with the walkmesh parts in Kaurora, so you can 'jump' from one part to another. This might help to avoid the 13Gig ram thing ;)

Posted Image

#50 !F0G!

!F0G!

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:10 AM

Looks awesome! I currently have the demo and can't wait to try this out! Do you have an idea when this will be released? No rush intended, just curious. 

#51 Blowfish64

Blowfish64

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

First off, looks awesome! Second of all, the tech demo wasn't a finished product, so I for one wouldn't mind a bit of creative license, since the original looked a bit bland and unfinished.  And third, please, please don't quit like almost all largescale fan projects ultimately do.

#52 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

Wow, I LOVE what I see. I'm stunned at the details put in. This is top level professional work here

It would really make a perfect KotOR experience if this was compatible with K1R and its possible future expansions....

#53 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

Looks awesome! I currently have the demo and can't wait to try this out! Do you have an idea when this will be released? No rush intended, just curious. 

Currently, no idea whatsoever. At this point, we don't even have an idea when it'll be done. :)

First off, looks awesome! Second of all, the tech demo wasn't a finished product, so I for one wouldn't mind a bit of creative license, since the original looked a bit bland and unfinished.  And third, please, please don't quit like almost all largescale fan projects ultimately do.

First off, thanks! Sith Specter's really showed off his skills with these new renditions. And he's been humble enough to outright say that his previous versions were garbage, and that's pretty rare right there. Second off, we've discussed this, but right now we'll just have to see where it goes... Third, I won't let it die anytime soon, no matter what. If anything, Sith Specter deserves to finally see this project come to fruition.

Wow, I LOVE what I see. I'm stunned at the details put in. This is top level professional work here

It would really make a perfect KotOR experience if this was compatible with K1R and its possible future expansions....

It will definitely be compatible with K1R. Nothing to worry about there.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#54 Dastardly

Dastardly

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

First off, thanks! Sith Specter's really showed off his skills with these new renditions. And he's been humble enough to outright say that his previous versions were garbage, and that's pretty rare right there.

But! But! But! Even the demo from years ago was still amazing and impressive! I wouldn't say its garbage, just the new one is relatively better to the old one. ;)

"never encountered someone with such disdain for TSL" - Milestails responding to Sithspecter 

#55 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

No idea, as the old adage goes, it will be done when it's done. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

If you are referring to the original Bioware screenshots of Sleheyron as the tech demo, I have carefully scoured hundreds of Bioware screenshots, including those from early formats, and the Sleheyron screenshots we have are consistent with the early format Dantooine and Kashyyyk, which appear to be in their finished states. Sleheyron is supposed to be kinda drab and bland. However, I do assure you that the areas have their own kind of beauty. I personally believe that my current work is about as good as it gets with the tools that we have. I have gotten better over the years, each attempt to work on Sleheyron has resulted in progressively better models. I do admit that most of my early stuff was very, very bad. And even the demo here on Deadly Stream pales in comparison to what I can now do with lightmaps.

Again, this will be a marathon, not a sprint. I may have to take occasional short breaks, but I will keep coming back to this, I somehow always do. I can't guarantee a constant stream of areas or content, but I will do my best to craft top-notch areas that are consistent with Bioware's intended Sleheyron.

But! But! But! Even the demo from years ago was still amazing and impressive! I wouldn't say its garbage, just the new one is relatively better to the old one. ;)

My very first ones were garbage. It was bad. Check some of the first pages here: http://www.lucasforu...ad.php?t=186244

I have gotten progressively better, even though my latest stuff blows even the last demo out of the water.

signaturegizka2-1.gif

#56 !F0G!

!F0G!

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

No idea, as the old adage goes, it will be done when it's done. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

If you are referring to the original Bioware screenshots of Sleheyron as the tech demo, I have carefully scoured hundreds of Bioware screenshots, including those from early formats, and the Sleheyron screenshots we have are consistent with the early format Dantooine and Kashyyyk, which appear to be in their finished states. Sleheyron is supposed to be kinda drab and bland. However, I do assure you that the areas have their own kind of beauty. I personally believe that my current work is about as good as it gets with the tools that we have. I have gotten better over the years, each attempt to work on Sleheyron has resulted in progressively better models. I do admit that most of my early stuff was very, very bad. And even the demo here on Deadly Stream pales in comparison to what I can now do with lightmaps.

Again, this will be a marathon, not a sprint. I may have to take occasional short breaks, but I will keep coming back to this, I somehow always do. I can't guarantee a constant stream of areas or content, but I will do my best to craft top-notch areas that are consistent with Bioware's intended Sleheyron.

My very first ones were garbage. It was bad. Check some of the first pages here: http://www.lucasforu...ad.php?t=186244

I have gotten progressively better, even though my latest stuff blows even the last demo out of the water.

I wouldn't say that ha ha. At least the old ones were made from scratch. Some planet mods just use retextured modules or not even retextured modules, they reuse modules and add different NPCs. (Not saying that is bad) Can't wait to see this! Keep up the awesome work!

#57 Damned

Damned

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

Third, I won't let it die anytime soon, no matter what. If anything, Sith Specter deserves to finally see this project come to fruition.

Not only that, but it would be very convenient for K1R, as your team wouldn't have to create the planet on your own. You guys could just focus on the other expansion packs.

#58 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Third, I won't let it die anytime soon, no matter what. If anything, Sith Specter deserves to finally see this project come to fruition.

Not only that, but it would be very convenient for K1R, as your team wouldn't have to create the planet on your own. You guys could just focus on the other expansion packs.

Granted, though we've planned to work with Sith Specter on it ever since he announced the re-boot.

Multiple team members, myself very much included, have talked with him separately and in groups about the project ever since last summer, laying the ground-work for where we plan to go with this mod.

And it being K1R-Compatible is practically a must now that the mod is in a usable state... :)

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#59 Blowfish64

Blowfish64

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

I remember there was supposed to be a bazaar on sleheyron. Are you going to add that as well?

#60 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

I remember there was supposed to be a bazaar on sleheyron. Are you going to add that as well?

Sith Specter has mentioned the area to me, but I currently don't know what he has planned for the layout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users