Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

Area Overview: Sleheyron City

Not much is left of the original Bioware Sleheyron. What remains is only fragments; textures, small pieces of models, and a few ancient screenshots. From these fragments, I've been able to piece together the original street layout of Sleheyron and replicate it. The results are spectacular:

final06.jpg

final01.jpg

final02.jpg

final03.jpg

final04.jpg

final05.jpg

final07.jpg

Thanks to KAurora, a bit of research, and some hard work, the City of Sleheyron comes to life!

• Like 6

Wow :D
That looks really, really great already.

If I had to criticize anything, that'd be that there are very few people on the streets but that's a problem most of KotORs areas suffer from.

It simply looks like an official part of the game and I can't wait to see what else you'll be able to do.

Love the visuals in the backdrop and how it works with the lighting of the floor/ground texture.

Also that music. :)

Was that in the Kotor game files all this time, or is it a new creation?

All of that said, one thing I feel is a bit missing, myself, is a lack of labelling or lit signage. It could break up some of the parts that look empty IMO.

-_ That said, it looks identical to the tech demo they showed, which is frankly incredible. :cool:

• Like 1

This is absolutely amazing! You recreated and combined the areas from the early Kotor beta screenshots beautifully!

You would have made Bioware proud. :D

My day was pretty annoying today, so thanks for lifting it up with this.

If I had to criticize anything, that'd be that there are very few people on the streets but that's a problem most of KotORs areas suffer from.

It simply looks like an official part of the game and I can't wait to see what else you'll be able to do.

I've tried to place only NPCs that I can see in the original Bioware screenshots, plus a few more. There may be additional NPCs placed, but I'm trying to keep it even with the existing KotOR areas.

Love the visuals in the backdrop and how it works with the lighting of the floor/ground texture.

Also that music. :D

Was that in the Kotor game files all this time, or is it a new creation?

All of that said, one thing I feel is a bit missing, myself, is a lack of labelling or lit signage. It could break up some of the parts that look empty IMO.

-_ That said, it looks identical to the tech demo they showed, which is frankly incredible. B)

The music exists in KotOR and is used in the Mystery Box module. It is titled "mus_area_slehey" (I think that's correct), which implies that it was originally intended to be used in Sleheyron. As far as signage goes, I've tried some neon types before but, as you point out, prefer to remain faithful to the original. There will be some symbols that are in the original Sleheyron textures that I will use in upcoming modules.

This is absolutely amazing! You recreated and combined the areas from the early Kotor beta screenshots beautifully!

You would have made Bioware proud. :D

My day was pretty annoying today, so thanks for lifting it up with this.

Thanks, glad that I could help make your day a bit better. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Good stuff as always. Surprised that there is not a thread at LF in Holowan for this too!

Well, Holowan seems mostly dead these days but I may try to shake it up a bit.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm vomiting happiness this is so beautiful.

If you need help restoring any voice-overs, I'm super down.

• Like 1

the background sky!!!  the buildings!!!  the ground!!!  the lightning of EVERYTHING!!!

the music!!!!  :w00t:

can't waiiiiiiiiiit !!!!!!!!!!   :thumbsup:  :clap:

keep it up ....  :bow:

Unfortunately, we've still not gotten actual aurora lights to work.

I'll take lightmaps over aurora lights any day of the week.

I'll take lightmaps over aurora lights any day of the week.

Yeah, but the lights don't have shadow effects on the player character in darker lightmapped areas which can result in some interesting effects.

Who am I to say though? I couldn't even export my area properly! :P

That's true, but choosing a fairly neutral primary AuroraDLight gives the best overall appearance for the characters. If you get creative, you might could section off different areas based on lighting and adjust the AuroraDLight brightness accordingly.

That's true, but choosing a fairly neutral primary AuroraDLight gives the best overall appearance for the characters. If you get creative, you might could section off different areas based on lighting and adjust the AuroraDLight brightness accordingly.

So is that the deal with Kotor2's levels? They used lightmaps instead of Aurora lights? If so, that may explain why some of its skyboxes are darker while the characters are unrealistically light. (With an exception of Citadel Station, where it's the opposite)

I apologize if I keep bringing up in this thread too much, but would one be able to "fix" Kotor2 by adding aurora lights, or is that feature hardcoded?

Well to keep from drifting off-topic, I am still looking forward to what the Sleheyron level quests are going to look like, and am curious to see what will happen when the Hutt overlords are added. (Particularily if they're going to look different than vanilla or how their rivalries will play out) :)

You said you were keeping the original story, but I heard there was supposed to be another star map here, and apparently it is very difficult to mod the game to make that work.

You said you were keeping the original story, but I heard there was supposed to be another star map here, and apparently it is very difficult to mod the game to make that work.

I'm planning on including the Star Map. I've heard different rumors about the supposed difficulty of adding another Star Map (from easy to almost impossible), but I know a scripting genius who I'm confident can work it all out.

Oh ok, cool beans. Oh, and if you could possibly try to make this compatible with KOTOR 1 Restoration mod and Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge that would be super!

Wow, really looking forward to this.  :2guns: 

I recently took interest in making a module of my own, however whenever I try apply the Aurora Walkmesh modifier to a large mesh, my RAM usage shoots up to 13 gigs and my computer freezes. I figured out I don't need to use the walkmesh modifier to work, I just need to rename the node inside the .mdl to "aabb" and it imports/exports just fine in KAurora. I'm just wondering if you encountered the problem yourself?

Wow, really looking forward to this.  :2guns: 

I recently took interest in making a module of my own, however whenever I try apply the Aurora Walkmesh modifier to a large mesh, my RAM usage shoots up to 13 gigs and my computer freezes. I figured out I don't need to use the walkmesh modifier to work, I just need to rename the node inside the .mdl to "aabb" and it imports/exports just fine in KAurora. I'm just wondering if you encountered the problem yourself?

It helps to slice your area and walkmesh into smaller models. Using the .lyt and .vis files to tell the game how to build the area out of all the little models. It does require some more tinkering with the walkmesh parts in Kaurora, so you can 'jump' from one part to another. This might help to avoid the 13Gig ram thing ;)

Looks awesome! I currently have the demo and can't wait to try this out! Do you have an idea when this will be released? No rush intended, just curious.