Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

Are you going to use the Sleheyron Demo you released five years ago as a base to build off of?

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sleheyron_Demo;97629

Or are you going to start from scratch?

From what he's shown me over Skype, he's using scratch modules, but going off of the architectural concepts of his Demo. Also, unlike his Demo, these new ones will have lightmaps, since he's gotten some area knowledge under his belt since then.:P

Are you going to use the Sleheyron Demo you released five years ago as a base to build off of?

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sleheyron_Demo;97629

Or are you going to start from scratch?

This will be all brand-spanking-new to incorporate advances in KAurora for lightmaps, which frankly make my old modules look like a bunch of garbage.

Oh wow oh wow oh wowt.

Are you working with Disbeliever?

No. My version of Sleheyron will adhere strictly to the look of the available Bioware screenshots. I have been able to deduce the layout of the street module based on the screenshots, and have made excellent progress in replicating it. Disbeliever's approach is much more creative and unrestrained by the original look. I've also chosen to pursue as much of the original plot as I can find.

Aha. I wondered if this was what you had up your sleeve. :P

Are you restoring the original plot, as well?

Aha. I wondered if this was what you had up your sleeve. :P

Are you restoring the original plot, as well?

Yes, I've gathered as much of the original plot as can be had from David Gaider's interviews. I've even gotten in touch with the man himself, but unfortunately he doesn't remember anything beyond what we already have. Not surprising considering it's been almost 12 years or so since KotOR was being developed.

In any case, after extensive examination of David's plot summaries, the gladiator arenas are only going to account for around 1/3 of the total Sleheyron plot.

Shall I open a Sleheyron section for you?

That's probably a bit premature at this point, but I will take a rain check on that at a future date.

No. My version of Sleheyron will adhere strictly to the look of the available Bioware screenshots. I have been able to deduce the layout of the street module based on the screenshots, and have made excellent progress in replicating it. Disbeliever's approach is much more creative and unrestrained by the original look. I've also chosen to pursue as much of the original plot as I can find.

Well god-speed to ya both.

• Like 1

Here's a question for you all: Is Sleheyron the lava planet or the barren planet?

The KotOR galaxy map lists the terrain on Korriban as "Volcanic Mountain Range". As far back as I can remember, everyone has associated Sleheyron with the Lava, and Korriban with the Barren. Is this correct, or is it a common misconception?

That's the general consensus. However, it is also "colonized" and the most industrialized, so it could very well look different than, say mustafar since all of its lava fields are covered with geothermal factories and urban sprawl.

So technically a lava planet, but with the look of a toxic filthy industrial city.

LIGHTMAP_TEASER2-1.jpg

Lightmaps add a special texture designed to imitate lighting over the existing texture on an area model, vastly enhancing the realism and creating a very immersive environment. Made possible by MagnusII's advances in KAurora, Sleheyron will boast all fully lightmapped areas! Below is an example of how lightmapping affects the area environment:

LIGHTMAP_TEASER.jpg

As you can see, areas will no longer be flat and drab, but can now utilize dramatic lighting to enhance the overall mood and feel!

• Like 6

Amazing! If all of the modules are to be as high in quality as the example screenshot, I've got a good reason to look forward to this!

That, and added to the fact I've always wanted to see what a completed Sleheyron planet would be like, your planet mod will probably have a permanent place in my game whenever you release it.

Will you be using part of this older landing video for the mod, also?

LIGHTMAP_TEASER2-1.jpg

Lightmaps add a special texture designed to imitate lighting over the existing texture on an area model, vastly enhancing the realism and creating a very immersive environment. Made possible by MagnusII's advances in KAurora, Sleheyron will boast all fully lightmapped areas! Below is an example of how lightmapping affects the area environment:

LIGHTMAP_TEASER.jpg

As you can see, areas will no longer be flat and drab, but can now utilize dramatic lighting to enhance the overall mood and feel!

Definitely looking forward to this with great interest. :' It will be nice to have another Kotor 1 level on par with its originals.

So then on this topic I have two questions,

First, are you going to also have thick yellowish fog in parts of the module as per the Sleheyron MO?

And, two, is this also an experiment on lightmap editing so that eventually we can see this height of lightmap quality in other levels? (Looking at you, Kotor 2 ;/ )

Amazing! If all of the modules are to be as high in quality as the example screenshot, I've got a good reason to look forward to this!

That, and added to the fact I've always wanted to see what a completed Sleheyron planet would be like, your planet mod will probably have a permanent place in my game whenever you release it.

Will you be using part of this older landing video for the mod, also?

There will be a brand new video produced closer to the completion of the project.

Definitely looking forward to this with great interest. :' It will be nice to have another Kotor 1 level on par with its originals.

So then on this topic I have two questions,

First, are you going to also have thick yellowish fog in parts of the module as per the Sleheyron MO?

And, two, is this also an experiment on lightmap editing so that eventually we can see this height of lightmap quality in other levels? (Looking at you, Kotor 2 ;/ )

Probably not too much fog, but maybe in appropriate modules.

This is something of an experiment in lightmap editing (pretty much all of KotOR modding is part experiment). I'm exploring the best technique to streamline the lightmapping process and producing correct results. Lightmapping can be very difficult to get correct at times, but by breaking areas up into smaller pieces it generally turns out right.