Sign in to follow this  
AmbertheMad

Black screen as I am about to talk to the Jedi Masters on Dantooine...

Hi everyone, I first just want to say what a helpful forum and site this really is and I'm so glad I found people on here who enjoyed both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 as much as I do, as these were a favorite games of mine growing up. :') 

Anyways, I'm just posting a little in regards to TSL. I have the Steam version with TSLRCM (latest version, 1.8.3) installed plus a two mods from Filefront which I will list below: 

Bastila's Jedi Robe by Sith_Master_3000

HK-47 Rejuvenated by BaneMinistry 

And my here are my specs: 

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, 3.0 RAM with Intel HD Graphics

(Not exactly cut out for gaming, I know, but surprisingly K2 never lagged or crashed on me with these specs.)

But anyways, basically the game was working great and I didn't encounter any bugs at all until this particular cutscene: As soon as Kreia sits down in the newly rebuilt Enclave, the screen goes black and all I can move is the green cursor and I can open the game menus (like to equip things, check the stats on my character, and save the game, etc.) 

My first thought was to save there and reload that save, and that got rid of the black screen, but as I go to the Jedi Masters, the cutscene where they discuss what a wound my poor Exile is the force doesn't trigger and I'm just left with 3 unresponsive masters. I think I've tried every fixed I googled but no dice. I know files that change Kreia's appearance conflict TSLRCM so I avoid those but I really don't know what else to do and I just want to finish this masterpiece of a game with this awesome content mod before I go back to school and don't have free time anymore. :'( 

If anyone has any fixes I can try or knows if my mods are conflicting, please let me know on this. You guys who made TSLRCM seriously outdid yourselves and I really, reaaaaaallly would like to finish it! 

Kind regards, 

Amber 

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2390-information-for-those-posting-errors-glitches/

You might want to use that template to report your problem. The problem though appears to be one of your added mods not being compatible. If the two mods you mentioned are indeed your only mods installed, then the chances are very high the robe mod is the source of the problem.

When a black screen appears the first thing to try is to Alt Tab out of the game and go back to it. Especially if you have as AMD graphics card and have the latest driver. My game became almost unplayable when I upgraded the driver.