Sign in to follow this  
Fredilous

What?! An awkward moment

Handmaidendead11_zps2e1657c4.jpg

As the image shows, the Handmaiden lies dead on the floor. Let me walk you through what happened:

I asked her for training, new combat moves. It was the fight of the final tier of the Echani martial arts. As the fight begins, she charges at me, as expected. But unexpected was when she pulled away from a Power Attack and spoke - Enemies surround us - now is not the time to speak! - Instantly afterwards, she goes back to her starting position but she was still marked as an enemy. I go into the inventory and equip my Sith Master Robes and then I attacked her. After 3 strikes, she died and gave me 125 EXP. points.

She was also not appearing in my Party Selection screen, even after I exited the ship and travelled to other places. She basically died permanently. Luckily, I had saved just before speaking to her.

I could not find anything regarding this; I may have looked in all the wrong spots but I ask if anyone knows of some Forum posts anywhere regarding this, please link them. This is my first playthrough of version 1.8.3 of TSLRCM and I am unaware if this has happened before or if there is some fix to it.

P.S. I don't know if there could be a connection but I have used cheats on this save for the simple reason of fun factor.

This glitch is pretty darn common, actually. I've had it happen to me multiple times myself, with and without mods, both on the PC and Xbox versions. While I'm not positive about what the cause is, I think it has something to do with the timing of when you equip a certain item right before the sparring begins, or you have to do something else specific during the transition from the conversation to the sparring.

This bug also has a few variations depending on how you set it up. Sometimes the Handmaiden will stay invincible during the fight, sometimes the door won't lock during the fight, and the tier doesn't matter, I think, on whether or not the glitch occurs. Eitherway, you kill the Handmaiden, or she will kill you.

What confuses me is how you got 125XP, as I've normally seen people get just 25XP from her.

If you got possible causes, feel free to list them.

The invernable was doing it while in hyperspace. TSLRCM disabled that... you *can* still get it from going to another planet then asking her without exiting the hawk, not sure if we can really work around that though :/

But it doesn't have anything to do with this. I've never heard of the door not locking before...