Sign in to follow this  
Darth_DE

Game crashes when boarding Ithorian shuttle on Telos

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

On Telos, as I boarded the Ithorian shuttle to Bao-Dur. This happened both times.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?)

Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

...? No updates were mentioned. I blocked Steam from updating the game to prevent it from interfering with the mod.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

I installed the game, 1.8.3, and the M4-87 mod fresh. When I encountered the bug the first time, I downloaded and installed all three again. Ran into the same bug in the same place both times.

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

Didn't see a TSL patcher.

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

Don't know.

8) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Just TSLRCM 1.8.3 and the M4-87 mod.

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

On Telos, after I saved Moza and Habat from the mercs, they sent me to the hangar to take a shuttle to Telos' surface. Whenever I board the shuttle, The screen fades to black and Carth starts to speak, then the game abruptly crashes.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Yes

11) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes

12) Have you tried starting a new game?

Yes

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7, but I've also tried running TSL in compatibility mode (XP service pack 2)

Also tried turning it off and on again.  :hrhr: Any help would be appreciated.

I came here to report the exact same thing. As soon as I board that shuttle and the video starts up, the game crashes.

This is a fresh playthrough on a steam version patched 1.8.3 with M4-87 mods. Nothing else.

For fun, I also coped the save game across to a 4CD install patched to 1.0b with nocd exe, with 1.8.3 and M4-87 mods running under WINE on Linux, and it crashed too.

If someone wants a save game to analyse, please send me an email.

I had the same problem during my last run, but managed to get around it by switching to Atton and boarding the shuttle with him instead of the PC.

I had the same problem during my last run, but managed to get around it by switching to Atton and boarding the shuttle with him instead of the PC.

I boarded with Atton and it didn't work.