Mkilbride

NPC Overhaul mod question.

Do I really have to install EACH one with the TSLpatcher? There's like 35. Each time I have to find the install directory. Is there no "Install All" button?!

Probably the same reason my "Sith Soldiers to Sith Assassins" is a 2-parter... a lot of clone-filenames.

And TSLPatcher isn't suited for installing from multiple folders simultaniously AFAIK.

And because part of the mod may clash with other mods. And part of the mod may still not be working correctly, as far as I know, regarding a particular Nar Shadaa sector I spoke about earlier in that thread.

Be happy I've included the option to automatically look up TSL's install folder, instead of having you choose it with each setup.

That aside, who do you take me for? Don't you think if there was a way to make a unified install for this, I wouldn't have tried to do it?

Ungrateful sods all around, I swear. Can't even be bothered to make a minimal effort for their own benefit.

If I recall, there might be a way to pull it off, although it's not documented.

I did it once for a mod that modifies the same file in all of the rim files in the game. This information came from the creator of the TSLPatcher.

But the problem is, the files here would have the same name, but very different properties. Mostly talking about utcs.

This is the primary reason for this form of setup.

I'd have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure that's still possible.

Ungrateful sods all around, I swear. Can't even be bothered to make a minimal effort for their own benefit.

Welcome to my world to the past few years.

And yes, TSLPatcher *can* install the same (named) file in different locations. But if you want, as Kain stated, different files with the same name, that doesn't work.

It would be the same as placing a file in override... you pretty much break your game if you meet the similar file-named NPC in the other area breaks, and you get stuck...

EDIT:

Well, if you find a way VP do share it here and on LucasForums... it could help a LOT of us. I could for example simplify my Sith Assassin mod... that's only a 2-parter, sure, but still.

Or the still planned but no idea when I will ever work on it "less HP HK's in HK-Factory" for all the complainers :/

[module202.ifo] //The name of a GFF in the tslpatchdata directory you're using as a base
!SourceFile=module.ifo //I think this is the name of the source file in the mod/rim you're grabbing
!SaveAs=module.ifo //Saving it as this filename
!Destination=Modules\202TEL.mod //In this mod/rim
The only I guess... detail being that you'd have to rename your GFF files so they don't conflict with other file names in the tslpatchdata directory.
  • Like 1

Be happy I've included the option to automatically look up TSL's install folder, instead of having you choose it with each setup.

That aside, who do you take me for? Don't you think if there was a way to make a unified install for this, I wouldn't have tried to do it?

It never auto-searched for the install folder. I had to search EVERY time. This took a lot of time, and effort.

Not ungrateful, but when you install a bunch of mods that are drag and drop, then get to the last one, which seems a simple one, and have to click once to open, once to get to the install screen, then click 2-3 times to the folder, then click 1 more time to get it to install, THEN hit X.

Repeat this 50 times?

Yeah, it gets annoying.

It never auto-searched for the install folder. I had to search EVERY time. This took a lot of time, and effort.

Not ungrateful, but when you install a bunch of mods that are drag and drop, then get to the last one, which seems a simple one, and have to click once to open, once to get to the install screen, then click 2-3 times to the folder, then click 1 more time to get it to install, THEN hit X.

Repeat this 50 times?

Yeah, it gets annoying.

With all due respect, there isn't really a better way to do it, especially with how the game is laid out and the naming conventions.

Hopefully the code I posted proves useful in the future so we can avoid issues like this.

On the other hand, before TSLPatcher, you would have had to install it manually, which I guarantee would up your click count by about 10x ;)

GFF, but what about .UTC?

And if you had to manually pick a location you probably have no registry entry. Steam?

You could have added it, then it would have used that, and your life would have been easier (and you can use KSE and stuff)...

Guess it doesn't work with the Steam then. Maybe update it if you can? I mean, it's just kinda annoying, I can't even recommend it to my other friends with the Steam version. It takes over 700 clicks to install it...it's tedious and boring and easy to forget your place unless you put a checkmark next to them in note-pad. For steam users, it just becomes an immense chore.

Well, Hassat said all you had to do was add a registry entry. If someone knows how to do that, it would fix your issue.

Well, Hassat said all you had to do was add a registry entry. If someone knows how to do that, it would fix your issue.

This right here should help him/her.

A note to the OP: Even though it says Kotor Tool, TSLPatcher and KT use the same registry entry.

• Like 1