68 replies to this topic

#61 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Have a look at this. Especially the .git section.

Pj1kKbw.jpg

#62 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Had a look at it, not sure I understand.

#63 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Notes to self:

- the "stingers" heard when shifting towards light or dark side are NOT the same files found in Streammusic: they are SFX found in the .biff file. Thus, to work, rather than replacing StreamMusic files, one would have to place the files in the override folder.

- however, all *sbat files are present in the SFX biff, together with a number of mus* files. which ones are actually loaded from Streammusic and which ones are taken from the BIF?

EDIT: the *sbat stingers are read from Streammusic, thank god. Also, they can be read from the SW TSLRCM override folder, but ONLY if the original files are deleted.

Unsure about the others.

Git files can be safely altered, even from custom mods, and made to display updated music. However, not advisable to do so mid-game because the stage is reset if a git file is changed.

#64 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

Git files can be safely altered, even from custom mods, and made to display updated music. However, not advisable to do so mid-game because the stage is reset if a git file is changed.

This is exactly what I was trying to tell you. The only reason why your .git edits reset the module is because you put them into the Override. That's fine as long as you're testing but DO NOT keep them there for the mod release. Instead put them into the corresponding .mod file.

Pj1kKbw.jpg

#65 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

This is exactly what I was trying to tell you. The only reason why your .git edits reset the module is because you put them into the Override. That's fine as long as you're testing but DO NOT keep them there for the mod release. Instead put them into the corresponding .mod file.

But the thing is, otherwise they won't work. I tried altering the .git then repacking the RIM file of Stoffe's Combat arena, but that didn't work. Only the override stuff worked.

On the other hand, TSLRCM modules do have their Git file packed.inside, but TSL patcher doesn't allow to inject it. 

#66 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

But the thing is, otherwise they won't work. I tried altering the .git then repacking the RIM file of Stoffe's Combat arena, but that didn't work. Only the override stuff worked.

On the other hand, TSLRCM modules do have their Git file packed.inside, but TSL patcher doesn't allow to inject it. 

That's why I linked my tutorial on file priorities. The game will use the .git from the Override. If that doesn't exist, it'll use the one from the savegame. If that doesn't exist either, it will go to the .mod and finally to the .rim. That means that putting the .git into a .mod (or .rim) is necessary so that it doesn't screw up your savegame but it also means that the changes made to the .git in the .mod/.rim will only be seen ingame if you have never visited that module before (i.e. the .git doesn't exist in the savegame). Which is why putting the .gits into the Override is perfectly fine and useful for testing but NEVER for a finished mod.

And TSLPatcher does allow you to edit .git files in the .rim/.mod files. Just put Modules\<module_name>.rim as the file destination. (Or maybe with / instead of \). It's all explained in the very handy TSLPatcher documentation pdf.

Pj1kKbw.jpg

#67 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

That's why I linked my tutorial on file priorities. The game will use the .git from the Override. If that doesn't exist, it'll use the one from the savegame. If that doesn't exist either, it will go to the .mod and finally to the .rim. That means that putting the .git into a .mod (or .rim) is necessary so that it doesn't screw up your savegame but it also means that the changes made to the .git in the .mod/.rim will only be seen ingame if you have never visited that module before (i.e. the .git doesn't exist in the savegame). Which is why putting the .gits into the Override is perfectly fine and useful for testing but NEVER for a finished mod.

And TSLPatcher does allow you to edit .git files in the .rim/.mod files. Just put Modules\<module_name>.rim as the file destination. (Or maybe with / instead of \). It's all explained in the very handy TSLPatcher documentation pdf.

Oh, so that's the issue: if I visit the area, even just once, in a savegame, it will stay saved with its previous git data?

I never knew that! But now I do.

I'll have to fiddle with TSLPatcher some more, thanks.

#68 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

More notes for self:

- replacement of audio files from the Biff SFX only works inside the KOTOR2 override folder, not the one in SW TSLRCM

#69 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Oh, so that's the issue: if I visit the area, even just once, in a savegame, it will stay saved with its previous git data?
I never knew that! But now I do.

I'll have to fiddle with TSLPatcher some more, thanks.

The PDF that comes packaged with the TSLPatcher is great at explaining how to do it. Frankly so exhaustive that I understand like, 60% of it.
|____________>>_______>>__/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users