Sign in to follow this  
Vriff

Emperor & Revan's Death?

The emperor is dead...

Then again, so would Revan be for Sith players. 

Um..no to both.

You defeat the Emperor's Voice as a Jedi Knight, not the Emperor. If you've completed the Sith Warrior class then you're the Emperor's Wrath and you're specifically told this by the Emperor's Hand.

If you've played the flashpoint "The Foundry" and pay attention, Revan stops taking damage at 2%, lightning strike, and he disappears.

Neither are dead.  :handy:

Let me just say -- both cases are STUPID. 

1. It is always poor storytelling when you pronounce a character dead, and then resurrect him. It's cheap and offensive to the audience. They did this stupid stuff with Palpatine and his numerous clones, and I'm happy those stories are finally getting retconned. Then they did the same with Darth Maul in that strange CGI cartoon. And finally, they did the same thing here in TOR, making you believe that you have killed the Emperor only to find out that it wasn't really him.

2. For two years now, the fans have been grasping for straws with that disappearance in the flash of light, hoping that maybe Revan teleported. I'm amazed at how persistent that theory has become. There is no such thing as teleportation in SW universe. He quoted the DYING words of Malak. And finally, it is common for a dying Jedi to disappear in the flash of light. This is the same straw grasping as the Indoctrination Theory with ME3's ending. And I've been telling people to make peace with Revan's lousy death and move on.

3. But now, if your words are true, Disturbed, and he is indeed to return, I will not be surprised one bit. I mean Darth Maul was cut in two, for crying out loud, and they returned him for no good reason, so why not return Revan? And It will be fan service because they now realized that they did not do the character justice. I just have no idea how they would go about fixing this mess of a story, but let's wait and see.

That all of course, if your words are true, of which I'm still very skeptical. 

Let me just say -- both cases are STUPID. 

1. It is always poor storytelling when you pronounce a character dead, and then resurrect him. It's cheap and offensive to the audience. They did this stupid stuff with Palpatine and his numerous clones, and I'm happy those stories are finally getting retconed. Then they did the same with Darth Maul in that strange CGI cartoon. And finally, they did the same thing here in TOR, making you believe that you have killed the Emperor only to find out that it wasn't really him.

You mean like the same thing they did in KOTOR, with Revan? That strange CGI cartoon btw, is better than 99% of the Star Wars universe.

2. For two years now, the fans have been grasping for straws with that disappearance in the flash of light, hoping that maybe Revan teleported. I'm amazed at how persistant that theory has become. There is no such thing as teleportation in SW universe. He quoted the DYING words of Malak. And finally, it is common for a dying jedi to disappear in the flash of light. This is the same straw grasping as the Indoctrination Theory with ME3's ending. And I've been telling people to make peace with Revan's death and move on.

Except from the very beginning we've known he wasn't dead. You didn't have to grasp at straws it was a plain fact stated by the developers early on & It's been datamined in the game files since pre-release.

3. But now, if your words are true, Disturbed, and he is indeed to return, I will not be surprised one bit. I mean Darth Maul was cut in two, for crying out loud, and they returned him for no good reason, so why not return Revan? And It will be fan service because they now realized that they did not do the character justice. I just have no idea how they would go about fixing this mess of a story, but let's wait and see.

That all of course, if your words are true, of which I'm still very skeptical. 

Again, we've always known Revan wasn't dead so he doesn't need to make a return. 

By the way, nothing "existed" in the Star Wars universe before it was written.

Kerk, there is teleportation in TOR. Play the Gree event next time it comes around and see how you get inside the Grey Secant.

Kerk, there is teleportation in TOR. Play the Free event next time it comes around and see how you get inside the Grey Secant.

Just can't stop soliciting, can you SH? I told you, I don't play that game out of principle for how they treated my favorite characters.

Just can't stop soliciting, can you SH? I told you, I don't play that game out of principle for how they treated my favorite characters.

Now that I'm at home, I see why you though it was a solicitation. My phone auto-corrected the word "Gree" to the word "Free."  (I've now corrected it.)

If you don't play TOR and have no interest whatsoever in it, you might just save yourself the effort and refrain from reading this section. It's just going to get you angry.

• Like 1

Why does everyone hate on swtor? It's awesome. Some people wanted KOTOR 3. But I've never actually heard what people actually wanted to see in KOTOR other than just being able to see revan again and probably fight the true sith empire and he did

in the revan novel. I think people's expectations of revan because of his abscence in kotor 2 made him more desirable but I don't really think he was all that powerful. He merely experimented with both sides and became a grey jedi. To be honest, if he did die in swtor or does die later in swtor. I think it would make sense.

Because it's a rather bad game?

If it wasn't for playing with Zbyl... (which in itself is more fun than the game, which kinda makes it bearable) I would have nowhere near played it as long as I did. And with the scaling stuff in now... it seems absolutely worthless to play and I lost all incentive to start. Being on Hoth with our stories doesn't help either :D.

• Like 1

While I do agree with the fact that Revan wasn't that powerful, and while I don't personally have a problem with Revan and the Exile dying, the whole "fighting with Emperor" scene is what bugs me most. I mean, Revan with his full memories returned, makes same mistake of underestimating said emperor twice. He looks like an arrogant idiot with god-complex to me (no wonder he fell to the dark side again). And how the Exile, as a war veteran and such, would let her guard down that way? She should have switched her Verpine Prototype Shield on, at least...

That's not Revan. Not the same Revan I can see in KOTOR, anyway.

• Like 1

I disagree on Revan not being that powerful - when you max out Kreia influence, she says looking at him was like staring into the heart of the Force - that and the fact that he could fight Sith he trained at the height of his power, even when he was a shadow of his former self speaks of an incredible ability - he fought Mandalore the Ultimate, he fought terentateks, he pulled the entire Rakatan language from the Black Rakatan's mind, and he built HK-47. Put all of those together and you get someone exceptional.

• Like 1

Until we hear from an official source, this is all just conjecture and personal opinion.

What is? Everything in the OP is verifiable ingame.

@defrillie

Jedi Covenant.

I disagree on Revan not being that powerful - when you max out Kreia influence, she says looking at him was like staring into the heart of the Force - that and the fact that he could fight Sith he trained at the height of his power, even when he was a shadow of his former self speaks of an incredible ability - he fought Mandalore the Ultimate, he fought terentateks, he pulled the entire Rakatan language from the Black Rakatan's mind, and he built HK-47. Put all of those together and you get someone exceptional.

Yes - but he was not unbeatable. And he had lost to Emperor once. Even if he had grown more powerful after that, it would be stupid to think that the Emperor was not. I believe it all depends on what level you set "that" in "that powerful" ...

What are yall talking about? The problem is not that he got beat. The problem is that he went bonkers for no good reason. Decided to genocide half the galaxy to save the other half. That's what's offensive to the audience. 

I don't think anyone is complaining about that he got beat (not me anyway -- if it looks that way, I must have messed my vocabulary again -- just the way it happens is purely stupid) - we're just debating about if he is/was "that" powerful or not. The problem is the way he acts, obviously.

I don't know where the idea that Revan was powerful at all came from. Fanboyisms, probably. He was defeated by a group of inexperienced jedi and a slight rocking motion of his ship.

• Like 1

What are yall talking about? The problem is not that he got beat. The problem is that he went bonkers for no good reason. Decided to genocide half the galaxy to save the other half. That's what's offensive to the audience. 

No. Revan was always a mass murderer. He always kills though for patriotism. He went to war with the Mandalorians and killed them for the Republic. Discovered the Sith Empire from Mandalore the Ultimate and was brainwashed by the Sith Emperor to destroy the Republic. He resisted the Empire but ended up killing key people and destroying the Republic Military to take control of the corrupt Republic.He is stopped and reprogrammed with a new identity or returned to his old identity of wanting to wage war to protect the Republic that presents itself in the form of Darth Malak. Then, he seeks to kill the Emperor to save the Republic for good, gets captured again and seeks to just delay the Emperor from going to war. When that doesn't work and is freed partially because the Republic frees him and partially because the Emperor wants to find the Foundry. Revan seeks to kill the Emperor

out of a patriotic desire to save the Republic, which has always been his modus operandi, and is a result of being slightly brainwashed by the Sith Emperor again. That is extremely clear.

and a slight rocking motion of his ship.

You mean being shot at by a ship's lasers?

That's quite different from slight rocking...

EDIT:

What defreili says sounds extremely stupid. And contradicts KOTOR2. *sigh* DAMN YOU TOR!

There is some leeway in the understanding of Revan's actions. Remember that pretty much all info we get on Revan in K2 is not from him, but from Kreia. She may not know everything. And in the end Revan, despite trying to protect the Republic (in the most roundabout way possible), still gave Darth Bane all the info he needed to implement the Rule of Two.

"Power for power's sake..."

You mean being shot at by a ship's lasers?

That's quite different from slight rocking...

EDIT:

What defreili says sounds extremely stupid. And contradicts KOTOR2. *sigh* DAMN YOU TOR!

that cause his ship to slightly rock. Amazing how someone who people say was one of the most powerful sith lords ever can be instantly KO'd by a thump.

A thump? If I'm watching this video correctly, when Malak attacked there were explosions and Bastila was using Battle Meditation. Just because your are powerful doesn't mean you can't be caught off guard. Look at what happened to Sidous...