VarsityPuppet

MOD:Holowan Duplisaber Beta

Hey, so I created an account here just to comment on this thread. First off, I wanted to say thank you to VarsityPuppet for making this mod. This is EXACTLY what I've always wanted in a saber mod. It gives you a ton of options, easy to use, and is TSLRCM compatible.

Unfortunately, I can't use it. After creating the new hilt, I reopen the workbench and go to upgrade my sabers. Where there is normally a color crystal, there is only an empty slot. When I click on this to install the new hilt, the game crashes back to my desktop. If there's anything you can do to help me, I'd really appreciate it. I REALLY want to use this mod.

So you aren't seeing nomal color crystals in the normal saber...LOL, I know this problem but it's been so long I can't think of it right now. 

Hey, so I created an account here just to comment on this thread. First off, I wanted to say thank you to VarsityPuppet for making this mod. This is EXACTLY what I've always wanted in a saber mod. It gives you a ton of options, easy to use, and is TSLRCM compatible.

Unfortunately, I can't use it. After creating the new hilt, I reopen the workbench and go to upgrade my sabers. Where there is normally a color crystal, there is only an empty slot. When I click on this to install the new hilt, the game crashes back to my desktop. If there's anything you can do to help me, I'd really appreciate it. I REALLY want to use this mod.

Send me a screenshot, your baseitems.2da and upcrystals.2da from your override folder. I think that should be enough to troubleshoot the problem

Playing around with my override, I was able to fix the issue myself after reinstalling the mod. Thank you for the response though. This mod is great! I'm pretty excited now about the full release. Still shooting for the 23rd as a release date?

Playing around with my override, I was able to fix the issue myself after reinstalling the mod. Thank you for the response though. This mod is great! I'm pretty excited now about the full release. Still shooting for the 23rd as a release date?

Yes sir! I've been thinking about the idea of dispersing the sabers throughout the game (so they're items that you gain through the game) but I don't have a really efficient way of doing that yet. Once I do, and once I figure out where to put all of the sabers, that will be a version 2 release.

Right now, I'm focusing on condensing the installer, but once that's through, I just have to take (several) screenshots and bug test and we should be good to go.

first of all thanks a lot of this, its awesome. i have a small problem, i like to use a short lightsaber in my offhand but if i try to use  the new hilts it turns into a normal long lightsaber :( i havent tried all of them yet, are there any hilts that keep short lightsaber properties?

after i searched around it doesnt seem like much of a problem, since with proper stats dual weilding 2 normal lightsabers benefit you more than 1 normal 1 short despite the offhand penalty, but an answer would still be nice.

I'm not going to have the Saber mod out by the 23rd.

I'm going to try to have the mod out by the 23rd. There are a few bug fixes that still need to be done and I'm going to have to cut some saber hilts.

Don't worry, they aren't the good ones - they're the ones I was making :P. Some are absolutely of high enough quality to put out, but the others... not so much. They'll be available as an expansion after this first version is put out.

But for the sake of completion I must put something out.

• Like 1

Hey VP, something I forgot to mention is Atris' Prism was missing it's skin if you haven't already caught it. kthxbye.

Have anyone noticed if you are able to deflect shots using one of the saber from this mod? Whenever I use one of the custom hilt, the PC never even tries to deflect and switching to a standard hilt, he deflects like hell. What am I missing?

Have anyone noticed if you are able to deflect shots using one of the saber from this mod? Whenever I use one of the custom hilt, the PC never even tries to deflect and switching to a standard hilt, he deflects like hell. What am I missing?

Might be something I'm missing. I'll get back to you on that.

Thank you for noticing and bringing this up.

Indeed none of the new saber models can deflect blaster fire. I'm not sure why exactly. I hope it's not hardcoded because I'm going to cry if it is...

I've never seen that before and it is not the first saber mod I try. Why is that? Is there a way to have some of them work?

I've never seen that before and it is not the first saber mod I try. Why is that? Is there a way to have some of them work?

It's because all of those lightsabers were the same baseitem as the lightsaber. I've been adding new baseitems for each lightsaber hilt, but I believe the lightsabers are hard-coded to only deflect for certain baseitems. 

What I'm going to have to do is just set them all to that baseitem. I'm going to have to start numbering them from 1-999 and I'll lose my cool naming conventions but it should still work the same

Uhm.... well...

It's starting to look like this mod is not possible in the scope that I originally wanted.

I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but it seems weapon model variations can only go up to 255.

This means, in order for the lightsabers to work correctly in-game, I can only have 19 (removing similar colors)

It's unfortunate it had to happen this way, but sadly this is what happens sometimes. The cuts were bound to happen at some point.

I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but it seems weapon model variations can only go up to 255.

I thought it was a common knowledge since... err... 2005? (maybe even before, 2005 is the year I've started to mod this games IIRC).

I thought it was a common knowledge since... err... 2005? (maybe even before, 2005 is the year I've started to mod this games IIRC).

Never really have done any item mods before. Even so, you think I would have noticed in the GFF files when the field data type specified is a byte - of course it would only go up to 255!

Point being unless I can figure out a way to get those new baseitems deflecting, we're looking at a drastically reduced saber count, which may not be a bad thing, considering I could more easily integrate these sabers into the game.