VarsityPuppet

MOD:Holowan Duplisaber Beta

I installed it and shortly after loading I saw all my party members without clothes on and my inventory icons blanked.

... That should not happen.

Did you try a reload? If it persists, send me your baseitems.2da file

Hey, just a heads up. 

I made an Enlightened Sage in white and the txi is not correct. I'm getting black blade planes around the core.

Also, my Revered Shadow hilt skin is missing.

That Evasto's saber is cooool, had never seen that one before. :)

K bye.

Hey, just a heads up. 

I made an Enlightened Sage in white and the txi is not correct. I'm getting black blade planes around the core.

Also, my Revered Shadow hilt skin is missing.

That Evasto's saber is cooool, had never seen that one before. :D

K bye.

Noted and I will fix those issues. 

The party without clothes on is because you're missing the files from the Project and Model files folder. I had the same thing happen to me, just extract all the files from those folders into your override.

There is a bug where the new colors will only up if you have a blue Crystal in your inventory.

Extracted a blue crystal from a regular lightsaber. Still could not see the other colors.

Didn't work either. I guess I'll wait for your next version for these!

I hope the completed Ultimate Saber Mod has a normal installation process. This was confusing.

I'm not sure how confusing extracting an entire archive and running the exe inside can be, but for the sake of making things as easy as possible, I'll cut down on the peripheral files.

Turns out it's pretty easy to do.

• Like 1

So, interesting tidbit, i think I actually hit a file size limit with the upcrystals.2da file. It got to a point where the offsets were so large they could no longer be represented by 16 byte unsigned integers.

So, interesting tidbit, i think I actually hit a file size limit with the upcrystals.2da file. It got to a point where the offsets were so large they could no longer be represented by 16 byte unsigned integers.

Seems unfortunate! How will this limit your ability to update the mod?

Seems unfortunate! How will this limit your ability to update the mod?

Well, reasonably, I will hit a point where we simply physically cannot enter any more entries into upcrystals.2da. Fortunately, decreasing the number of unique strings in the 2da helped create a LOT more space.

However, eventually, we'll reach a limit. There are still a few more things I can do, but we'll eventually reach a limit.

However, at this point, we'll have reached probably 100 different saber hilts. If that isn't enough, I don't know what is. If I change my naming conventions, we can probably get up to 150 saber hilts. However, this is probably not likely as the more I add to baseitems.2da, the more the limit is affected as well.

TLDR:

I can fit around 100 hilts with my current naming conventions, 150 if I change a few things up.

Well, a 100 is good enough for me! I'll be glad to check those short sabers too! Is there a Yoda saber within these?

Short sabers yes, but no specific yoda saber. I've decided not to include movie sabers. It doesn't make sense within the time period of the game. Plus, now that there's a limit, I'd rather save those for new lightsabers.

VP how many saber hilts have you in there right now? And how many more have been offered to you that you haven't put in yet?

I have 61 in the alpha, 74 in my current, personal build, which pretty much covers all of the available sabers for which I have permission. Only missing a few like Kristy Kristic's sabers, a few on Canderis'. If I went and collected as many as I would still stay under 100, but that's reaching the limit.

If I changed the naming conventions, I could fit 174, which would give me 100 more hilts to work with than what I have currently.

Well, I wouldn't really worry about it . . . unless some generous soul gives you a number of sabers that puts you over your limit of 100.

Well, it's more for supporting add-ons. If for instance, Quanon wanted to crank out a lot of sabers, he could make his own install pack so people could add that do their installation.

With this limit, I can't reasonably guarantee that people installing these hypothetical add-ons won't reach that limit and botch the installation. I very well might have to skip the support for add-ons.

The *official* version is slated for a May 23rd release. With all of the hilts I have USM (minus movie hilts), Quanon, OldFlash, select HOTOR sabers, Evasto, DeadMan's Pikes and waiting on a few of Inyri's.

The final count should be popping up in a few days (I'm on my Mac now, the updated project files are on my desktop).

I'll also have some time to take a few promo pictures between now and then.

May 23rd's a Friday.... Nice. I'll be happy to see just how many sabers are in the official release.

Hey, so I created an account here just to comment on this thread. First off, I wanted to say thank you to VarsityPuppet for making this mod. This is EXACTLY what I've always wanted in a saber mod. It gives you a ton of options, easy to use, and is TSLRCM compatible.

Unfortunately, I can't use it. After creating the new hilt, I reopen the workbench and go to upgrade my sabers. Where there is normally a color crystal, there is only an empty slot. When I click on this to install the new hilt, the game crashes back to my desktop. If there's anything you can do to help me, I'd really appreciate it. I REALLY want to use this mod.