Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge [Sera Degana Inquiry]

SPOILERS ALLOWED

I've a question those that have played Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge. The main additional character to your party is Shadow - alternatively known as Channa Mae and Sera Degana. I have a project to give this  character a non-Twi'lek voice. I have a female voice actor in mind for this project but before I ask her, I'd like to know from you: how would you describe this character? If you were attempting to tell a person about this character that hadn't played the mod, how would you do so?

I realize that each player may have a different take on the character so this isn't a debate on whose idea is most worthy.

Initial responders can feel free to include a biography of the character - if you can back it up in lines from the game. (No fan fiction stuff, folks.)

Edit: My motivation for this project besides having Silveredge's words being voiced by a character (in English), is to have dedicated players of this mod tell me how they would picture Shadow's voice in their heads. By comparison, imagine how much would be lost if all of Mission Vao's lines were represented by around 6 different gibberish Twi'liek lines that were spliced together in different ways. You'd very likely lose a lot of the emotion you originally had coming from the character.

Just in case folks are wondering (and the question came up below): Silveredge does know about this project and has given his permission for it to proceed.

Have you talked to Silveredge9 about it?(or tried to?) As the creator I assume he has a certain way he thinks of the character.

I see her very much as a female Atton, as he must have been during the war. Driven, skilled(and proud of it), eager to please(she possibly loved Revan after all), she is like Assajj Ventress in that she has become disillusioned with the Jedi, but unlike Assajj, Sera didn't turn this into anger, just a deep loathing. 

My two cents anyway.

Silveredge's work is on the screen and he's not adding anything more to the game. The new voiceovers are for the fans so I want to hear from the fans. I've expanded my initial post to explain my motvations on this whole thread as a response to your questions. ;)

No new lines will be added if anyone is unclear.  I'm sticking faithfully to Silveredge's script.

OK, after watching a quick let's play of the mod - to remind myself of what I might have forgotten. 

I think she was a Vallley Girl , . . [;aughs] I kid, I kid

Matilda/Shadow/etc.

As a Cliff Notes version:

Think of a Echani Warrior who is blindly dedicated in what one wishes to do (as they do with combat) , add in that she deep down is unsure like a teenager coming of age /wondering who are they internally/identity. She is more masculine than feminine/ like a tomboy mentality-like expressions/tone/composure. She has a hard time with love since she sees love as loyalty like one that is discipline in a form of combat-she has a hard time with the idea of love being emotional. Her caring is shown through her will to fight for/ protect someone like a family member.

A hard time relating at time due to her past Jedi training and having grownup as a slave, her sense of humor is very much feeding off the comment of someone else to create a humorous moment but it also can come out of her awkwardness in such social moments. Her social skills when it comes to feelings/humor/ and small talk are not fully develop. She would rather talk and discuss about actual solid topics or tasks.

Her Arc-

She goes from a slave -   to a Jedi-   to a Jedi with a cause-   to a Sith/fallen Jedi loyal to her master- to a lost person who is left with questions- to a person who is forced to confront her past- Face her self and allow her self to search for the answers to the questions that have haunted her for so long- to face her old master and in doing so facing her self- to redeeming her master as well as finally deciding who she is what she wants in life, she will have no master other than herself-she is free and alive- She knows herself.

Just random comments:

She is strong in her focus and will but under it she is seeking to find her identity/her self. 

She only starts opening up to this later in the mod and at the end she decides who she is.

When she finds out her old master has been seen, she has this anxiety of wanting to find him. She is stubborn in her determination to find him.

She is a bad liar when trying to hid something when asked a question on something she doesn’t want to talk about.

She can be stubborn/determined when she wants to do something- ex she wanted to go to the Korriban wasteland and she wasn’t going to be talked down from the idea

She sees herself as a warrior and not a dancer – when she was asked to be the dancer in the mod’s new scenes. She has is a tough female and not one who shows her feminine side. This probably comes from her training –since her master as an Echani Jedi/ warrior

She accepts the consequences of her choice to follow Revan

She knows she has changed and is no longer the child that was found on the Hutt planet so long ago

Her obedience to Revan and the War is centered around Revan's ability to inspire others/ she at the time of joining the war was at a time where she was looking for purpose and the call to help others/ fight in the War/ this became her identity at a time.

When she takes on a task, she goes 110% in, almost to the point of being blind to what else is going on around her- And this is why her master thought Revan manipulated her in a dark side way.

She has a sense of humor but it's one that plays off what someone else would say. She would not be comfortable telling a joke.  This is seen in the last scene as the three are walking away from Revan and her dead master talking about who will be the new mechanic.

• Like 1

She definitely wouldn't sound like Mission. Perhaps she would sound like a younger Yuthura but without that "accent"

• Like 1

Statement: Wish I had seen this before. I'm all for it.

Sounds like a good idea! The generic twilek voice can get annoying fast.Yeah I havn't played BOS in a while, but from what I remembered she was very loyal to Revan. I do remember her saying she was once a jedi, but obviously went to the dark side. Maybe she should have some anger and also kindness in her voice? i dont know just trying to help..