Sign in to follow this  
FullMetalCow

Disc problems with 1.8.3 and M4-78

Hi, I just did a clean install to play 1.8.3 and M4-78 but I'm getting the error message "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disk in another drive?:.". I'm on Windows 7 x32, 4CD, updated to 1.0b, and the music and movie updates. Previously haven't had any problems with other installs of Kotor 2, and only thing different about the computer is a new disc drive. Did a new install using the Vista/Windows 7 install guide on here. I'm running as admin, service pack 2, even tried a no cd crack but that didn't even work. Help please!

It's probably expecting the disk in the other, old, drive.

Probably need to change the location manually in the registry then (if it didn't update re-installing)

So I fixed the registry for my CD drive, and the message is coming up. Do you mean the registry for KotOR2?

Could you try that and then report your results back to us?

Could you try that and then report your results back to us?

LgEdnOV.jpg

I deleted "NO_DISC", NO_DRIVE", and "WRONG_DISC" individually. Then I had an epiphany and changed the slave/master things on my cd drive. Still nothing. Not sure what to do at this point... Maybe there's something else in the Kotor registry?

Download the Revo Uninstaller free version and use it on the game. Choose the last option and it will search for the leftover files and registry entries. Delete entries for the game and try a new install it might fix the problem. There are several files and registry entries left behind by the game uninstall. I used Revo when I recently made a clean install for 1.8.3

Hello !

I'm new and i don't know if an introduce is necesary in this forum but here i am, french man with a poor english however with google translation.

I've got the same problem with the swkotor2.exe file, when i click on play, even if i have the original disc, a window with "no disc found" opens.

Have you got any answers ?

Sorry for my English and all the rules that I have overlooked.

(I'm on win 7 sp1 and 6 go of ram i have got the original game, installed the patch for the version 1.a, for the version 1.b, the patch Tslrcm 1.8.3 and the patch for M4.)

cyriwers.