Tyvokka

TSLRCM 1.8.3 Released and a new M4-78EP Update!

Today I am excited to announce; 1.8.3 is released. M4-78EP's update is released. For some background, M4-78EP's release was 1 year and 3 months ago. It has been 1 year and 3 months since TSLRCM 1.8.2 was released. What an exciting few years it has been for us!

KoTOR 2 is a little over 9 years old, but the modding community still runs strong. Give KOTOR2 a happy 10th birthday next year, it deserves it!

Let me take this time to thank all our followers; All the people who made this possible, who downloaded our mod, gave us feedback and spread word of TSLCRM into the world, all of our fans  who voted us 10th in mod of the year 2012 and honorary mod of 2013, and of course all of the fans looking forward to M4-78EP.

Once of our proudest moments and maybe the best reward of all is how Chris Avellone (@ChrisAvellone) himself tweeted about our 1.8 release!

To reminisce a little, this all started with the usual response to complaints about TSLRP, which was that people should make their own mod, then they could complain. 2 modders, Stoney and Zbyl2 (with help from Jinger and a few others), did just that.

TSLRCM was first released to the public on 24 September 2009. The release was version 1.4 and was labeled as a public beta, being a playable mod with few to no game breaking bugs. 1.4 was improved by patches 1.4a, 1.4b, 1.4c, and 1.4d. At this point, animator Savvy30039 decided to contribute her lean animation to the restoration, which was included in 1.4d.

On 15 march 2010 was the release of TSLRCM 1.5. A patch to the mod, 1.5a, was released shortly after to resolve some remaining bugs.

Between 1.5 and 1.6 the development team was strengthened by Hassat Hunter (previously testing) and Varsity Puppet (previously some minor tweaks, now HK-Factory, Peragus and other areas).

On June 24th, 2010, TSLRCM 1.6 was released, featuring various cut scene tweaks, dialog bug fixes and more.

On October 16th, 2010, TSLRCM 1.7 was released, which features additional bug-fixes and other additions such as: the Visas-Nihilus movie using the in-game engine to play (rather than a pre-rendered BIK movie), Kreia's Battle for Telos Mod was integrated into the mod, the low-res BIK movies of the Dantooine battle replaced with in- game ones, and an improved dialog.tlk mod integrated/improved upon (for the English version.)

Almost a year has passed, but work still continued on 1.8, which is the biggest TSLRCM release yet. It was released on 24 july 2012.

On 28 December 2012, after a long period of development, finally M4-78EP saw the light, adding a full grand planet to explore and experience more KOTOR2 gameplay in, and actually talk with Vash herself(alive as well), explaining some critical details about force bonds to the player, meanwhile uncovering the events which took place just before the Exile's arrival.

Let's talk TSLRCM 1.8.3. As you can expect with the time it took, its considerable bigger than 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 combined. Don't expect major leaps though, 1.8's done pretty much everything possible to the game, instead 1.8.3 is just fixing all the tiny little snippets of little bugs that dare pop up from time to time. And even though we have been at it quite some time, there apparently are still vanilla issues around only to be found now. Like how messed up all the sound sets on the Ravager were, truthfully I hope after 1.8.3 there will be no need for a 1.8.4.

Now let us shift gears to the M4-78EP update; Unlike TSLRCM 1.8.3, this patch is more than that; it is a true update, rather than a bug fixing patch. While many issues have been resolved, most of its development time has been used up on making new content, adding to existing content, and completely overhauling certain endgame cut scenes.

While the change list for M4-78EP is quite minor, please understand the KoTOR’s game engine (Odyssey) is quite a pain to mod most of the time, so remember a lot of time and effort went into these changes. This update will also be released today!

However, all of this work we have put into TSLRCM and M4-78EP, was not just for us, but for the entire community. We want everyone to experience a fun, full and non-frustrating play through of KoTOR 2. That is why we spent so much time on KoTOR 2 and that is why these updates are dedicated to you, our fans and community. Thank you for all the support these last 5 years, it has been amazing.

~The TSLRCM and M4-78 crew

Download TSLRCM 1.8.3 HERE!

Download M4-78EP HERE!

It's advised to completely re-install The Sith Lords before applying 1.8.3. Afterwards, you can install M4-78EP (patched), then any compatible mods you desire...

• Like 2

GREAT JOB. No words. Only sincere appreciation for the game that i keep more dearly. Congratulations!!

• Like 1

WOO! After I finally reinstall my game I can get that old sense of Nostalgia... Ah, KOTOR2... I missed you.

Congratulations on all the hard work.

• Like 1