Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

Here's the place to report bugs, errors with other mods etc.

While 1.8.3 is the 'last' version, if any gamebreaking bugs are found they obviously will be fixed (and maybe other tiny ones with them), can't leave them in for everyone to annoy. So don't assume it's automatically an useless thing to report stuff here.

NOTE: Only report issues here if you use the latest version of TSLRCM (1.8.3). If you don't, please update to the latest version of TSLRCM! They very well might resolve your issue.

When posting an issue, be able to state with your issue the following information (stolen from a wonderful post by Darth InSidious) . . . which I've amended.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

11) Have you tried using a different save game?

12) Have you tried starting a new game?

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Include these questions with your answers, please.

This is now a requirement for bug posting. Thank you for your continued patronage.

Bronze saber fix/VP's high-poly hilts should be optional. I'm annoyed right now, having to fix mismatched colors and overwritten hilt models from Qui-Dorn's 4.1 hilt replacement pack because of this.

Edit: Just had one glitch. When talking with Jorran in the Enclave sublevel, the dialogue is interrupted if one of the protocol droids walks by. Jorran attacks it, and any subsequent droids that pass by.

A minor thing on Nar Shaddaa - when speaking to the Lunar Shadow Captain in the bar, and choosing regular persuade option, as opposed to Force persuade, Kreia chimes in with "Do not use the force as a crutch".

Edit: Two other things - when Zez Kai Ell speaks to the unconscious exile, is there a way to make him actually look down at them, rather than look straight ahead?

Secondly at Jekk Jekk Tarr, would it be possible to have the exile adopt the meditating pose on their knees with hands clasped together (like during the cutscene with Visas after leaving Dantooine for Telos Academy) and have them use the Breath Control power after they learn it, rather than have them randomly activate the lightsaber?

1.8.3 isn't meant to be installed on an existing install anyway, so that point's rather moot overall.

I can't say I have that happen, many conversations I had with him where they just passed along without effect. Must be one of your mods.

Fixed in today's little "patch"

Not really, no. Maybe if one places an invisible really low on the PC's location, but still it's questionable.

Yes (but I'm not doing it), no.

Hi, I just wanted to bring attention to a few problems I have been having though they may be unrelated to the MOD. For starters I have no other mods installed. On Telos, once I reached the planet itself I started having dialogue issues where I cant here/see dialogue lines from NPCs. This has turned into whole swaths of stuff just being skipped to my my annoyance. It started with the Cerka (probably butchered the spelling) salvage crew in the military base. Couldn't get any dialogue lines from the NPC but had to pick answers. when talking to Atris; at the end when the handmaiden asks if she should take me away there was a glitch as if something else was supposed to be said but I couldn't tell for sure and it dropped me back in control abruptly. Finally, when the cut scene with the masked Sith started (after you free your companions) there was no dialogue it was almost as if I was skipping the dialogue. I reloaded and tried again and did get the dialogue... I think. It was a little buggy. Am I supposed to see subs for the masked black sith char?   There are a few other times that I am probably missing. I am worried that the problem will persist. 

I by no means am an expert in the game; pick it up this week actually after not playing it for years. Hence the bad or no names of characters above, but I figured I would report and hope that it was an easy fix. If it is just something on my end let me know. 

Running on a year old computer with windows 8 if that makes a difference, and downloaded from steam. 

UPDATE:

So restarting the game fixes the majority of the skipping issues. How often do cut scenes happen in the ebon hawk when you return there? I had some companion stuff happen practically every time I re-entered the ship and now nothing. the game goes black for a second like something is going to happen then abruptly put me back in control of the exile. I could have just run through all of the current available side story stuff but I'm not sure.  

When meeting Atton for the first time when he is in his cell on Peragus, the door stays closed while the Exile talks to him from the outside.

Was playing just untll now when I was supposed to land on Nar Shaddaa. So right after the cut-scene where Atton explains where we will be landing and the actual landing video plays i guess i am supposed to have cut-scene with Quello but instead I get a glimpse of the last cut-scene with Atton and then a black screen and visual ++ error. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Update: It seems to have worked for now by renaming the movies and override folders just so the movie and the cut-scene wont conflict in some way and then renamed em back to normal. I hope i wont be having future problems however

I'm getting a lot of random crashes that were not happening with the previous restored content mod. Sometimes saves will crash when loading and I have to exit out and try again. Then it loads the next time around. I just experienced a crash during the movie playback of escaping Telos to the restoration zone. I don't know if it doesn't like my AMD graphics integrated APU or the mod is just unstable. I certainly didn't install any mods that I normally don't. It can't be because of a mod.

While this isn't something buggy with RCM, it could be an addition to a future patch - in the Iziz Starport, one of the Information Terminal's lines say and are voiced with "Peragus Station needs constant fuel", but clearly this is meant to be Citadel Station from the context of the broadcast.

@ Eradic; Yes it can, especially if you just installed 1.8.3 over an existing install, and/or use your old saves.

@ Kain; The only problem would be the VO. Pretty sure she never says "Citadel" in any report.

I am controlling the female bounty hunter, I'm supposed to enter the Private Lounge inside the Jekk'Jekk Tar, but whenever I click on that private lounge door, it doesn't open and the player character keeps running back and forth from the closed door to the bottom of the ramp. Over and over forever. 

I tried bypassing this with the whereami armband however the Visquis cut-scene won't start. Any work around would be appreciated

It is mostly re-skin mods which are compatible with RCM. Do you have any idea what I have to do to trigger the Visquis cut-scene - like uploading your modules or something like that?

By the way, I am not sure that I have an active quest for this part.

Yep . . . that part went pretty well.

To recap: I did what I had to do on the docks and decided to leave the side quests (some left in the refugee sector and Vogga's hoard) until after I met with Goto. I went to confront the Red Eclipse gang and then I got the message from Visquis. Then - when I enter docks again - Atton's part plays in smoothly. After that, Mira talks the stuff out of me and end up with her in the Jek Jek Tarr.

The rest you know from two posts ago.

Just a minor thing I noticed when I first got to Malachor V. There is no camera collision with the wall on the lower right corner of the map. So if you walk beside the wall there, and rotate the camera, it will clip through to the point of seeing the skybox and parts of the rest of the module.

This was using 1.8.2. I haven't gotten to that point in 1.8.3, so I can't test it there yet, but it wasn't mentioned in the changelog.

We can't change (camera) collision issues, whether it be for Malachor, the HK Factory, or for M4-78.

I see.. 

Well I will remain on the lookout for anything else unmentioned form the changelist for 1.8.3

Many thanks for the response.

I don't know if that was the case with previous versions of the mod, but influence gain seems to get lost on Visas at some point. In particular, I manage to gain 3 influence points with her through dialogues, but then when I get to Nar Shaddaa and save a guy from thugs, she gives her little speech but doesn't seem to give an increase in influence, as she used to. I had the same problem before on Onderon when I would give a star port visa to a woman with two children and Visas would give a speech. According to all internet sources, both these instances should increase my influence with her.

And Happy Birthday, HH :P

You cannot increase influence above maximum level :)

Yup. If influence is already maxed, influence raising stuff wont give the popup (since nothing is given).

Thus; no bug.

1.) Telos - When I delivered the Ithorian droid to Jana Lorso, the door to the mainframe closed before the droid could enter the mainframe.

2.) Telos - When at the Exchange suite, I used Force Persuasion on the receptionist to get by her.  Kreia lectures me about not always relying on the Force.  The problem is that my response choice to her is just "1. <MY CHARACTER'S NAME>".

Platform: Steam, Win7 32bit

Mods installed: TSLRCM 1.8.3, M4-78EP 1.1, missing files patch, cosmetic mods that don't involve the TSL Patcher (Darth Malak's armor, seizonsha_jalshey_reskin, improved-peragus-asteroid-fields)

1. Happens very rarely, probably can lengthen the time he has to walk for the door (like TSRLP did), but, meh...

2. Not a bug.

2.) Could it be changed to "Very well" or "As you wish"?  It doesn't make sense the way it is.

New business:

3.) On the Telos polar mesa, the HK-50's subtitles say, "Relieved Statement:  Ah, Jedi, it is good to see you intact...".  It should read, "Relieved Statement:  Oh, Jedi, it is good to see you intact..." to match the VO.