Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

I'm new to this bug fixing and troubleshooting thing, but have you tried loading a different save?

He noted that his OS is Win7 64bit, so I'm wondering if he's using the Vista/7 Dll fix?

I'm new to this bug fixing and troubleshooting thing, but have you tried loading a different save?

Have you tried using a different save game?

-Yup, only autosave works

• Like 1

Have you tried using a different save game?

-Yup, only autosave works

I said I was new :P

But seriously, I mention it because this has happened to me before, and basically the only way to do it is either go to a previous save or sometimes you can get lucky and it will load the save after you've tried loading a few others

I recognize this particular behavior from when one of my folders was listed as read-only.

Since Tslrcm uses custom textures, is it possibly hanging at 24% due to not changing the override folder in this way?

(And could it be fixed by right-clicking on the override folder and unchecking the "read-only" radio box?)

I had a problem with save loading stucking at 25% some time ago. In my case, I found a new folder named 'gameinprogress' or 'currentgame' (can't remember exactly) in my TSL directory. Deleting it fixed the problem.

Just got done playing for the night, play times have increased due to seeking an auto save spot haha. Will test this out and update tomorrow. Thanks guys!

I had a problem with save loading stucking at 25% some time ago. In my case, I found a new folder named 'gameinprogress' or 'currentgame' (can't remember exactly) in my TSL directory. Deleting it fixed the problem.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!! 

Awesome guys, thanks so much!

I'm glad to hear it got fixed!

I may be upgrading my system to Windows 7 in the near future, so I'll be on the lookout for those folders.

I may be upgrading my system to Windows 7 in the near future, so I'll be on the lookout for those folders.

IIRC, these folders are created if your game crashed to the desktop during load. Anyway, this problem happened to me on both XP and 7, so I suppose it's not OS related.

I think they are created every time a game is loaded (have seen them, if I play in windowed mode and have the game folder open at the same time behind/next to the game window), they just became deleted if the game quits correctly.

But, of course if it is the loading of the savegame that gets bugged, and not the actual savegame, deleting the folders can help.

1) When did the problem occur?    - When I arrived at the rebuilt Jedi Enclave to talk to the masters.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?   - Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? - 4 Disc Version, Region NTSC - U/C

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? - Yes.

5) did you install this over previous versions? - No.

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher? - No.

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?  - No.

8) What other mods have you installed?  - Just the TSLRCM and M4-78 mods, nothing else.

9) Can you be more specific about the error?   - When Kreia walks in the rebuilt Jedi enclave with me, she sits down and then the screen fades to black. I got to the menu screen, saved and reloaded and it got rid of the screen, however now the Jedi masters are unresponsive when I walk up to them. I saw the FAQ that mentioned this problem, but the solution was confusing, it said to get rid of the Kreia altering skin mods. I didn't add any additional mods outside of TSLRCM unless the files it says to remove are in there. However I'm not sure which modules those would be, all of them have random names.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?   - No, because I don't think that's the issue, it seems to be caused by the Kreia files.

11) Have you tried using a different save game?   - Yes, same result.

12) Have you tried starting a new game?   -  No, becuase I would probably get the same error happening. I just need to know what files to remove to get rid of the black screen and the unresponsiveness of the Jedi masters.

13) What OS do you use?  -  Windows 8

Thanks to anyone who can help me resolve this. It seems Like a simple fix but I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to these types of things. The game and the restored content is awesome, I just want to be able to finish the end.

Ok here the zip containing the 2 dlg.

Thanks. Appears that the installer installs the english .MOD file for 106PER for all languages. Oops... will get fixed if we update the installer again.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!! 

Awesome guys, thanks so much!

As mentioned these files are generated while a game is in progress, and the folders can remain if the game hasn't exited the correct way. I've never had them include any files however even with a CTD, and usually booting up the game removed any leftovers. So strange this didn't happen for you and you had to clear them manually, but glad you can proceed again.

1) When did the problem occur?    - When I arrived at the rebuilt Jedi Enclave to talk to the masters.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?   - Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? - 4 Disc Version, Region NTSC - U/C

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? - Yes.

5) did you install this over previous versions? - No.

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher? - No.

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?  - No.

8) What other mods have you installed?  - Just the TSLRCM and M4-78 mods, nothing else.

9) Can you be more specific about the error?   - When Kreia walks in the rebuilt Jedi enclave with me, she sits down and then the screen fades to black. I got to the menu screen, saved and reloaded and it got rid of the screen, however now the Jedi masters are unresponsive when I walk up to them. I saw the FAQ that mentioned this problem, but the solution was confusing, it said to get rid of the Kreia altering skin mods. I didn't add any additional mods outside of TSLRCM unless the files it says to remove are in there. However I'm not sure which modules those would be, all of them have random names.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?   - No, because I don't think that's the issue, it seems to be caused by the Kreia files.

11) Have you tried using a different save game?   - Yes, same result.

12) Have you tried starting a new game?   -  No, becuase I would probably get the same error happening. I just need to know what files to remove to get rid of the black screen and the unresponsiveness of the Jedi masters.

13) What OS do you use?  -  Windows 8

Thanks to anyone who can help me resolve this. It seems Like a simple fix but I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to these types of things. The game and the restored content is awesome, I just want to be able to finish the end.

1) You're using the most recent TLSRCM? (1.8.3)

2) Using the M4 mod, you do use the EP (m4-78ep), right? Version 1.1. And installed after 1.8.3?

3) If both these are true, can you otherwise upload a savegame... it generally is caused by Kreia-skins, but if you think you don't have any I'd be interested to know what else it might be. Sometimes it's related to there being 5 Jedi Masters found according to the savegame, which should not be possible.

Thanks. Appears that the installer installs the english .MOD file for 106PER for all languages. Oops... will get fixed if we update the installer again.

As mentioned these files are generated while a game is in progress, and the folders can remain if the game hasn't exited the correct way. I've never had them include any files however even with a CTD, and usually booting up the game removed any leftovers. So strange this didn't happen for you and you had to clear them manually, but glad you can proceed again.

1) You're using the most recent TLSRCM? (1.8.3)

2) Using the M4 mod, you do use the EP (m4-78ep), right? Version 1.1. And installed after 1.8.3?

3) If both these are true, can you otherwise upload a savegame... it generally is caused by Kreia-skins, but if you think you don't have any I'd be interested to know what else it might be. Sometimes it's related to there being 5 Jedi Masters found according to the savegame, which should not be possible.

1) Yes, I'm using the most recent version.

2) Yes, and I installed it after I installed the TSLRM.

3) How would I upload a save game?

Zip or rar up the entire folder, and then upload it here to the forum during your response ("more reply options")...

Zip or rar up the entire folder, and then upload it here to the forum during your response ("more reply options")...

Strange thing, when I go to my saves folder it says it's empty. But all of the saved games are still there when I launch the game and load it. Are they in a different folder or am I missing something?

Yes, you aren't launching the game as an administrator.

To find your saves, try going to Documents and Settings\\ApplicationData\VirtualStore or something like that.

Thank you for checking it.

I'm working on fix many italian translation and typos errors in the dialog.tlk.

I notice that the TSLRCM installation for english version come with a new dialog.tlk with added lines (136374 vs 136328 of the original), while the installation for the italian haven't a new tlk file.

Is this because the italian translation is not up to date?

For an in-game example, when I completed the quest where T3-M4 is delivered at the Vogga's warehouse by the Champion, the journal entry it's the original (the one where Kodin has sold the droid), while in the english version this was fixed (last line of the tlk).

I'm correct in supposing that the ita version is even lacking some dlg updates?

Last question.

What problems can I have if I install TSLRCM for english version over the italian game, keeping the italian dialog.tlk?  A part the text that is not present into it..

@ Twocows: ???

@ Rygar; Yeah, only the english version has that. It includes new quest-entries (other languages use -1 tags in the global.jrl, but that breaks KSE), some updated damage information for mines (was incorrect in english, probably other languages as well) which require the updated mine .uti's that the english installation places... and; I think that's it.

The Italian version should include all .dlg updates... as mentioned that one uses a new quest-entry, linked to the .tlk line... can't say why it isn't added to the global.jrl, but with -1 like the other non-english versions though, probably I added it in one of the latest patches, after many of the translations where done. I don't know if some of the translators mentioned in the readme still frequent this forum...

That would be a question for zbyl. I'm not sure what the language conversion does, but I do know without it you will experience breaks in convo's, much like people experience on Korriban if they try to use M4-78EP on a non-english version without modifying the language of the .dlg files...

Thank you for checking it.

I'm working on fix many italian translation and typos errors in the dialog.tlk.

I notice that the TSLRCM installation for english version come with a new dialog.tlk with added lines (136374 vs 136328 of the original), while the installation for the italian haven't a new tlk file.

Is this because the italian translation is not up to date?

Hi, as Hassat said, changes for non-English languages were made directly to files that reference said string (global.jrl using -1 for new journal entries and so on). Reasons for that was that I didn't want to include 6 different dialog.tlk files - one issue was getting a hold of all of them (especially since I know at least some of TLKs for other languages had fan updates to them, and I wouldn't know where to get the best one), another was their size, as each TLK is about 10MB big, which could noticeably increase the installer's size.

For an in-game example, when I completed the quest where T3-M4 is delivered at the Vogga's warehouse by the Champion, the journal entry it's the original (the one where Kodin has sold the droid), while in the english version this was fixed (last line of the tlk).

I'm correct in supposing that the ita version is even lacking some dlg updates?

T3-M4 journal entry sounds like an oversight, could be that it was changed in TLK and either no one mentioned it to me or I forgot about it; it's not easy to notice a change in TLK file so if it wasn't ever set to -1 in global.jrl, I wouldn't have noticed it on my own when translating the mod.

All DLG updates are definitely included, though.

What problems can I have if I install TSLRCM for english version over the italian game, keeping the italian dialog.tlk?  A part the text that is not present into it..

Missing text or conversations breaking completely, and potential broken journal due to the fact English journal entries are set up differently.

Hassat and zbyl thanks for the explanation.

I fixed the journal with -1 and the correct description.

I checked ALL the trapkit file in the italian version, and I have found two more that are  incorrect.
- the description for trapkit012 & 023 is inverted.
- trapkit024 stated Damage: 54 where in english is 42.

One thing I don't understand: in the italian version of trapkit011 I have "Damage: -1 to all attributes every 6 second", in your description say "Damage: Special".
What "special" means? Is the -1 to attributes still applied?

Anyway I fixed all the files with -1 and the correct description.

Italian installation also missing the VO files of Mandalore and Tienn, even if the relative dlg have the VOresRef updated..

I've cross-referenced all mines with their effects... Obsidian just slipped adding a few new mine-types that are inbetween BioWare's, but instead they used the same description as their counterparts, even if they were changed.

The one's incorrect are added to english installations (with the new .tlk lines being their proper effects). This does not include 12,23 and 24; assume the english versions are correct here.

"Special" basically means 'none'... it only does other things (in this case; poisoning). It does NOT do 1 damage to all attributes (which the BioWare mine where it was modelled after and shares it's description with in vanilla does)

Sounds like the Mandalore and Tienn thing is definitely an oversight on our part...

Hey guys,

I'm getting the Nar Shaddaa bug where the swoop race is unwinnable if you forfeit once. The track organizer says something like "what a terrible accident, you have to finish the race." I know this was an issue in the original game that was patched in 1.0b so I'm wondering if TSLRCM re-enabled this bug somehow? Anyway, I used the save editor to set the global boolean g_forfeit_swoop to 0 (it was on 1) and I was able to finish the race. So it's not a big deal but I would like to ask if anyone else is encountering this bug or if I should reinstall. I'm using the steam version btw.

Thanks!

Peragus II - Sonic Sensor
The task does not work. There are no entries in the log. No talks with HK-50 on topic Sonic Sensor. I can only destroy the panel to go through the airlock.

I play a Polish version.
I use only TSLRCM 1.8.3 (PL) and M4-78 EP.

Edit:

This is caused, by not speaking with HK-50 on the about miners, before finding Sonic Sensor.To a little strange.