Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

Not a bug, but I found a .bik-movie, that will lose a bit of the game's story if deleted to make the game run in Vista/7 (I use my 10 year old XP-comp, so I have no such problems).

If you ask Kreia if she is Jedi or Sith and pass an influence check, she "flash-back" a video of Sion and Nihilus casting her down from power at Trayus Core. If that is gone, her lines of "I held the Galaxy by its throat!" will make no sense, and her motivation for hunting Sion and Nihilus (through the Exile...) is lost too.

lehipi, why would you delete that BIK? :confused:

Of course I wouldn't! But I don't have any problems running the game on Vista or 7 as I use my old XP computer.

Your own "get-kotor-12-working-on-vista-and-windows-7"-thread states as a possible fix to a crashy game to delete or make the game ignore the .bik-movies.

Hence, if a 7-user deletes the .bik-movies to make the game run (fairly) smoothly, this particular movie is lost too.

As you painstakingly recreated Visas being tormented by Nihlus and send to join the Exile and The Battle of Koonda in the ingame engine, this video, which I find as important as the Visas/Nihlus-scene, somehow managed to escape all modders working on this game's collective attention. (make any sense? My dyslexia is bugging me today...)

Now, I realise how much time you all spend on this mod, and I am endlessly grateful for your hard work (and don't get enough night sleep as a result), but this just puzzles me. As this is a "minor inconveniences"-thread, I felt it was a good place to bring it to your collective attention... Whether you choose to do anything about my "problem" or not, is beyond my influence.

I do actually have a .rar file of a mod that does make it ingame...

But I have no idea where I got it from and it doesn't work with TSLRCM.

When I downloaded and installed TSLRCM 1.8.3, M4-78EP, the missing 1.8.3 missing installer files, and the Any Spell Mod, I found that the visual effect for force sight were missing.  When I leveled up in the beginning and chose force sight, no visual effects happened.  Any ideas what's going on?

Not sure that's a bug: you can still recruit Akere after the Khoonda battle. That opens the "Khoonda Recruit" quest, which can then not be closed.

Hey!

After downloading the 1.8.3 Tslrcm mod, when I got to the visas and nihilus cutscene when you have gone 25% light/dark, dark for me, it repeatedly glitched and windows quit the game.  It happened during the very end of the cutscene, when nihilus was "speaking" even though there aren't any words shown/heard from him. 

I looked around, and in the team Gizka fixes, team_Gizka_fixes.zip, added in 2009, there was a nihilus.dlg file, which I did not have present in my override folder.  I am not sure if thie file was absent from the original 1.8.3 mod, or if I had accidentally deleted it when adding another mod, but with the addition of the nihilus.dlg file the cutscene was fixed and proceded as normal. 

The issue began on telos when gaining 25 darkside influence points.

Yes I have the latest version of the tslrcm, 1.8.3.

I have a 4-CD version of the game, installed for the english u.s. and it is playable without a CD.

This instillation was fresh - 1.8.3 tslrcm was the first mod i applied to the game.

The tslrcm patcher was used during the instalation process.

There were no errors when installing the mod.

The other mods that i have applied are as follows:

18improved_malachor_bosses.rar

darth_nihilus_improved.rar

droid_enhancement

improvedai

install_vanirs_workbench_v2.02

jedi_temple_expansion

kse_333

rebuilding_the_jedi_enclave

sthlforcep2.rar - high lvl force powers

sthlforcepowerv2u1.rar - high lvl force powers v2 update

workbench_crystal_attunement

featgaintsl

tsljeditemple.rar - I don't know if this will work as it says it edits the travel map, and I haven't finished telos yet to test it with Tslrcm

Remove any nihilus .utc's from your override.

DON'T use Gizka fixes! (We are not Team Gizka btw, so no, nothing of them is in our mod. Well, except the lean animation we got from Savvy)

Hello.

I've just installed the 1.8.3 mod and started playing but after the cut scene when The Leviathan the game returns with my character inside the ship with their space suit still on. No idea what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

After the arrival of the leviathan on to the Peragus station.
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yesterday.
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

Yes?
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

No. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all content.
6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

Yes and no.
7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

No.
8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.) 

Only the missing planet and the patch found on your website.
9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

My character appears on The Leviathan with access to the administration level. The Sith is meditating on the bridge and the ship is infested with invisible ninjas. My character cannot return to the outside of the station despite still wearing their space suit. I have access to my inventory and my character's animations correspond as if there were nothing wrong, dealing damage and so on. That's basically it.
10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Yes. 
11) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yup.
12) Have you tried starting a new game?

Twice.

He only screwed up the name. The description of the rest clearly identifies it as the infamous Harbinger bridge bug, where the player in the space suit gets teleported to Sion's meditation cutscene module.

True. Was just killing the awkward silence until someone with knowledge responded. ;)

I'm wondering if Atton and Bao Dur stating the same thing about the unsanctioned landing site if they're both in the party could be somehow corrected.

As it stands, Bao Dur says there's an illegal site, and then Atton says pretty much the same thing.

2.) Telos - When at the Exchange suite, I used Force Persuasion on the receptionist to get by her.  Kreia lectures me about not always relying on the Force.  The problem is that my response choice to her is just "1. ".

Changed with the updated .exe.

3.) On the Telos polar mesa, the HK-50's subtitles say, "Relieved Statement:  Ah, Jedi, it is good to see you intact...".  It should read, "Relieved Statement:  Oh, Jedi, it is good to see you intact..." to match the VO.

Fixed with the updated .exe.

Not sure that's a bug: you can still recruit Akere after the Khoonda battle. That opens the "Khoonda Recruit" quest, which can then not be closed.

Fixed with the updated .exe.

This isn't regarding mod itself, but more about the installer. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it a little inconvenient to reinstall the game and perform a clean install each time a new version comes out. So, I was thinking if you guys could set up the installer in two ways, kinda like Nvidia drivers does it - a setting to perform a clean installation of the mod, which wipes the previous files or just overwrites them, and a setting that upgrades existing version without the need for fresh install.

Edit: Also thinking Xarga should be moved into the command room with Kelborn after the Sith ambush on the Mandalorian camp. As it is, he's just standing outside it like a lemon, cheering at the wall from time to time.

• Like 1

Here's what is probably a TSL bug. I don't know if you know about-it, or if you can fix-it, but there it is: on GO-TO's ship, in the audience chamber when you can take control of Meetra Surik, get there before shutting down force fields and scavenging the T3 type droids that has the programs (not sure if that last bit changes anything. Then, in the chamber itself, notice there are 3 windows or so. Choose the right most and look outside: you can see a force field plus the droid that's imprisoned inside!

The problem has to do with lagging in NPCs in the in-game cut-scenes.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

I noticed it when I got to Telos, but it may have been occurring earlier.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

Yes.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

No.

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

No.

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

N/A.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

None.

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

So my problem has to do with the NPCs in the in-game cut-scenes.  I've noticed they lag about 2-3 seconds before moving, which sometimes has them running into doors they should have gone through.  It wasn't an issue until I got to Slusk, whose droids won't exit the door before it closes making it impossible to kill one of them.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

No.

11) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes.

12) Have you tried starting a new game?

No.

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7, home edition I think.

I am controlling the female bounty hunter, I'm supposed to enter the Private Lounge inside the Jekk'Jekk Tar, but whenever I click on that private lounge door, it doesn't open and the player character keeps running back and forth from the closed door to the bottom of the ramp. Over and over forever. 

I tried bypassing this with the whereami armband however the Visquis cut-scene won't start. Any work around would be appreciated

I use Jc's Toolbox ,which can help sometimes.

I can't kill Saquesh in the refugee sector ,i killed all his minions ,except the two who guard him in his room overlooking the refugee sector.

I was trying to do it light side,

but a lot of the minions went down with darkside points.

so i have the feeling i may have made the wrong choice somewhere along the line.

Now all i can do is ask him why he dislikes humans so much,even if i wanted to kill him and get darkside points,i can't either.

Is this just a case of me not making the correct choices?

You didn't try to Intimidate Saquesh when talking to him about either Adana or the refugees: I forget which. Taking that option will grant you light side points and give you an opportunity to off the squid-head.

Another possible bug.

Location: Duxn, Mandalore's command bunker. I'm trying to sneak in his quarter to "poke through the crates", with a PC that has 33 Stealth skill points. Problem is, Mandalore speaks to himself. Says something like "All scouts, report-in.". Whenever he says that, for some reason, I am de-cloaked.

Yet another possible bug: Second encounter with Kelborn, in the jungle: his feet are buried in the ground. Is this fixable?

And another one: I've fought Davrel. Then, I had to fight Kex and chose the blade for weapon. I tried to switch my blade to a vibrosword, because I was not sure if I could. Apparently, I was not able to and the Sargent told me I was a cheater and blah, blah blah. But then, the Journal updated to just like if I had beaten Kex, when I had not. Even worse, I had a save from when Kex began charging me, in case switching weapon wasn't going to be accepted. Well, apparently, loading that save made the game behave as if I had actually won the engagement and the Sargent told me the match between us is over and I'm the clear victor. Uh.

Edited by MrPhil

I don't mean to whine, but Nar Shadda is way too hard in this mod.  It's always the planet I go to first, and my characters just aren't developed enough to go through all of that.  Would you consider settling some of the new encounters down?  Particularly the one after T3 steals the codes and you have to go through all the Gand.  Having the HK units aboard Goto's Yacht killed me too, since after them you've got to fight through waves of other droids.

Another bug: Onderon Swoop race. When I hit Pause, the forfeit button is not displayed. Instead, Bad strRef is displayed, or something like that...