#581 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

You should release those in a pack. They look fantastic.

No worries, I will release them. I just want to do a few extra colors :D

Meanwhile, I've been testing KotorMax and MDLedit. An updated version of NWmax and MDLops, which was the tool I used for about everything 3D related.
I now have used the tool for a first serious attempt at getting a new area in the game. The experience has been great.

Things work pretty good from the go. I only had to correct a few bothersome meshes; still have a few left. Looks like the rescaling I did on some of my machines got lost on the exporting or compiling.
Walk-mesh creating has been a blast as well. I don't think I ever got a good result from the very first test.

Camera gets blocked of as well; which used to be an annoying affair to get corrected. Often meaning things got broken beyond repair sometimes.
I do still have some issues, with my Light maps. It looks like UVs got destroyed. I might have done to many 3D meshes in one go for the tools to handle.

So I cheated a bit. I just turned all of my light maps in a neutral grey. Which at least made my area visible for inspection.

This is an updated model for my Scrapyard mod. It's the landing bay. So far only the Ebon Hawk and Barracuda, use their proper Light maps; all the other stuff has the "cheating" lightmap applied :laughing:

MIND, this is sort of an alpha or beta build. I'm very aware of the faults!
Spoiler

#582 Zhaboka

Zhaboka

Applesauce Tractor

• M478_Staff
  • 437 posts
  • LocationCsilla

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

Looks pretty awesome and cavernous!

Posted Image

#583 LDR

LDR

Grossly Incandescent

• Reviewer
  • 135 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

That's beautiful. Always loved the Scrapyard.

You make a loop de loop and pull. And your shoes are looking cool.

Also you should totally subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#584 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

After seeing Dark Hope's excellent update on my Canderous skin; I felt that I just did a very sub-par job on the hair.
Dark Hope also has a nice looking contrast on the skin of the characters; while my versions have a softer look to that part.

I must admit that the higher contrast does 'pop' better in the game. I always get fooled by the looks of things in Photoshop.
And I haven't really nailed down how to get a same effect in Photoshop.

Ahum, but the skin thing is besides the point... I'm now experimenting on getting better looking hair on the characters.
First test was done on Bastila and I like it so far. Coloring might be worked on; contrast thingies; but it looks better.

Spoiler

#585 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,863 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:32 AM

Once you have it all worked out, I suppose I'll need a new render for the Portrait mod. In the mean time: in your pictures above, it seems the skin has a few issues. There's something strange going on in the outer corners of Bastila's eyes in the left half of your picture. On the right half of the picture, some of Bastila's hear is invisible so you can see Tatooine through it.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Here is my most current blog! (Thanks for the likes, folks!)

#586 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

Once you have it all worked out, I suppose I'll need a new render for the Portrait mod. In the mean time: in your pictures above, it seems the skin has a few issues. There's something strange going on in the outer corners of Bastila's eyes in the left half of your picture. On the right half of the picture, some of Bastila's hear is invisible so you can see Tatooine through it.

Yes, that's because of the alpha channel. My PC doesn't handle the graphics correctly. I have the same issue with the grass on Dantooine. It clips through the models.

It should just be transparent and work OK on other PCs. :)

Plus I can easly provide a skin without the alpha channel.

#587 superSzym

superSzym

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Yes, that's because of the alpha channel. My PC doesn't handle the graphics correctly. I have the same issue with the grass on Dantooine. It clips through the models.
It should just be transparent and work OK on other PCs. :)

Plus I can easly provide a skin without the alpha channel.

GLOverride worked for me, you should try it too.

#588 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

GLOverride worked for me, you should try it too.

Thanks for that! I'll try it out :D

Bastila is now in full redux status. I redid most of the skin. It needs some fixes around the mouth. Things get more stretched then I thought. It looks a bit funny now :P

I haven't changed the hue/ color of the skin it self. It's how the photo model looked like, rendered in Kotor engine. So it's a bit more tanned then I think Bastila would be.

I only applied a soft layer of the old Bastila skin on top. I'll play around a bit more. Then get back to do the hair. It's moving along a lot quicker, since I've already did this once before.

Less searching on how or what I should do.

Spoiler

Tried your GLOverride, SuperSzym, but it didn't help. I keep having the same issue, bit of a shame. But; it doesn't bother me to much.

Kept tweaking Bastila. Getting closer to what I want. If I can, I'll release a multi color hair pack.

Should be fun, if anyone wanted to play with a blond or redhead Bastila :D

Spoiler

#589 HK-47

HK-47

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

Bastila looks really good. I agree about the face though. Even the second image, while looking much better than the one above it, she looks aged more than she should be. I would say the wrinkles at the sides of the mouth are what's doing it. Or at least a big part of it.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

~Observation: And if you did master, I could not prevent you. I would suggest that if my words are difficult to hear, then it is long past time someone said them to you. Speaking from the perspective of one who suffers considerable memory problems, repressing such horrific acts of slaughter, seems like such a waste. It is better to drag such delightful memories kicking and screaming into the open where they may be examined and replayed again and again savoring each beautiful moment. -HK-47 to the Exile KotOR2~

This is what I dream of when I see people whining about things, ignoring the facts.

This is what whiny people look like.

All I can say to whiny people on the internet is this, just not in so few words.

#590 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:46 AM

It's a genetic condition of the Shan family. It's treatable:

Pro_Tips_39.jpg

#591 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

Kept working on Bastila some more. Minor tweaks to the face. Main focus was getting the hair to look good this time.

Spend more time to make sure the hair flows a bit a better. The test before the direction of the hair didn't work good on the model.

Also spend time to get the hair color ok looking. I'll release a pack. So far I've got a good 'dark' brown. 'Light' ( stronger contrast) brown and a blonde Bastila.

Which looks really weird; but that's just because I'm used to seeing her as a brunette :laughing:

Preview of 'light' brown and blondy (which just needs better fitting make up):

Spoiler

#592 HK-47

HK-47

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:28 AM

Looks really good. Have you considered anything for her forehead. It just occurred to me that, as far as I can remember, she's the only one with a smooth forehead. There's not a wrinkle or anything there. It fits the vanilla face, but not really one that has more defined features. That might actually make the previous face setup work well. Personally I'd need to see them side by side for comparison.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

~Observation: And if you did master, I could not prevent you. I would suggest that if my words are difficult to hear, then it is long past time someone said them to you. Speaking from the perspective of one who suffers considerable memory problems, repressing such horrific acts of slaughter, seems like such a waste. It is better to drag such delightful memories kicking and screaming into the open where they may be examined and replayed again and again savoring each beautiful moment. -HK-47 to the Exile KotOR2~

This is what I dream of when I see people whining about things, ignoring the facts.

This is what whiny people look like.

All I can say to whiny people on the internet is this, just not in so few words.

#593 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

After updating Bastilas hair, I decided Carth couldn't be left behind.

I've got mixed results... The UVmap on  Carth badly stretches parts of his skin.

And all the nice detail I had gets a bit lost. It all gets a very soft look; the details aren't as sharp.

It just looks odd. Certainly when I did a test in the game. On my preview renders it's a bit less.

But; perhaps the hair samples I used where to long. Though I alway thought Carth had a bit more flow to his hair;

say compared to Canderous. But it seems I can't get that look across.

Bioware certainly did a very poor job on the unwrapping of the UVmaps of the main characters.

I don't understand all the cuts they've made across the model. It just makes the whole skinning process difficult.

Anyhow, here's what I've got so far on this:

Spoiler

EDIT1:

Forgot to add, the other 'sexy' stuff:

Spoiler

Edit2:

Kept on tweaking; to get flow of the hair to match up better on each part of his UVmap and figured out how to get a nice color on it. That at least comes a bit closer to his vanilla look.

I'll keep the blondy Carth as an extra option for the pack. I guess I might also include a black haired Carth.

What eye colors would match up best for those?

Onwards to a quick preview in the game.

Spoiler

#594 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

Incredible work.

#595 sELFiNDUCEDcOMA

sELFiNDUCEDcOMA

Sith'ari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationLand of Oz

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

No worries, I will release them. I just want to do a few extra colors :D

Meanwhile, I've been testing KotorMax and MDLedit. An updated version of NWmax and MDLops, which was the tool I used for about everything 3D related.
I now have used the tool for a first serious attempt at getting a new area in the game. The experience has been great.

Things work pretty good from the go. I only had to correct a few bothersome meshes; still have a few left. Looks like the rescaling I did on some of my machines got lost on the exporting or compiling.
Walk-mesh creating has been a blast as well. I don't think I ever got a good result from the very first test.

Camera gets blocked of as well; which used to be an annoying affair to get corrected. Often meaning things got broken beyond repair sometimes.
I do still have some issues, with my Light maps. It looks like UVs got destroyed. I might have done to many 3D meshes in one go for the tools to handle.

So I cheated a bit. I just turned all of my light maps in a neutral grey. Which at least made my area visible for inspection.

This is an updated model for my Scrapyard mod. It's the landing bay. So far only the Ebon Hawk and Barracuda, use their proper Light maps; all the other stuff has the "cheating" lightmap applied :laughing:

MIND, this is sort of an alpha or beta build. I'm very aware of the faults!

Spoiler

Nice work! Good to see that there is more progress being made with making new areas with updated tools.

Would be interested in playing around with those when they're released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users