Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

Whatever Makes you happy.

T3 does! :laughing:

I must say the droids are more fun then I thought. T3 is going smoothly. 

Spend about +-3 hours today on it and I like the result so far.

I tried out a few differant things and I might go back to HK to see if it would work on him aswell.

It's mainly on the small techy looking details on the droids. HK doesn't have to much exposed but it might be interesting to do a better job on it.

So here's an early preview on T3:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#443 CrashBandiTeam

CrashBandiTeam

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSteiermark/Styria , Austria

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

Awesome!

"We are all forever young, if we believe it, only the believe is making us young again, oh and Star Wars Franchise!" -SteiraGaming

#444 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hmm...not sure what I think of the blue. It looks great, but...not quite T3.

#445 Lawkmt3

Lawkmt3

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

I don't know... In the plot T3 is a customized droid, and brand new! I think this looks a little too R2D2. I love KOTOR because it's so set apart from the Star Wars of GL and Disney. I think T3 needs his own personal trademark. Something to shout I am T3! But you are the creator.   

#446 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,336 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

I'm not too fond of the color scheme on the T3-M4. I can't really say too much more as the preview picture isn't close enough to see any more detail.

[To Sithspecter] "You win :P"

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me
My SWTOR Trooper Play List (constructive criticism welcomed): https://www.youtube....sZNG8fmWsOp1PvM

#447 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 1,960 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

Just going to throw this out there for you Q if you want to make more than one skin (like alternates or whatever) for T3 and/or HK: with a little .uti editing and if needed 2da magic, you could make the skin change depending on what armor item/armor class the droid is wearing... ;)

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#448 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

Just going to throw this out there for you Q if you want to make more than one skin (like alternates or whatever) for T3 and/or HK: with a little .uti editing and if needed 2da magic, you could make the skin change depending on what armor item/armor class the droid is wearing... ;)

Sounds cool! I didn't know that was possible.

@others: No worries, you know how this turns out with my early previews ;)

Posted Image

#449 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

Sounds cool! I didn't know that was possible.

@others: No worries, you know how this turns out with my early previews ;)

Here is a tutorial on how to do that, should you want to give it a try.

Signatur_zps1zcbmz8z.gif

#450 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted Yesterday, 03:57 PM

Did some more work on T3. Still need to tweak his blue color a bit better.

In the game he has this baby blue thing going on, mine is more azure. :P

Just added in more piping/ techy detail stuff on some of his panels. It's more visible on his side and back.

No ingame shots just yet. I deleted all my old save games and did a clean up of my override folder.

Spoiler

• jc2 likes this

Posted Image

#451 Lawkmt3

Lawkmt3

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:28 PM

The last shot shows the difference beautifully! Still not quite sure if I'm certain about the Azure, but I think it might need more contrast. Maybe you could make T3 more stainless steel or even white? I don't know, but I really think with such a light blue you need some serious contrast. But that's color theory class talking, you do what you want I'll DL it.

#452 Seikan

Seikan

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted Today, 10:36 AM

The last shot shows the difference beautifully! Still not quite sure if I'm certain about the Azure, but I think it might need more contrast. Maybe you could make T3 more stainless steel or even white? I don't know, but I really think with such a light blue you need some serious contrast. But that's color theory class talking, you do what you want I'll DL it.

I'd actually agree that it could use some more contrast, lines don't look clearly defined and lots of details get lost, makes it look a lil bit plain in my opinion, some contrast would most improve the texture in that regard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users