Quanon

Quanons many projects.

The last shot shows the difference beautifully! Still not quite sure if I'm certain about the Azure, but I think it might need more contrast. Maybe you could make T3 more stainless steel or even white? I don't know, but I really think with such a light blue you need some serious contrast. But that's color theory class talking, you do what you want I'll DL it.

I'd actually agree that it could use some more contrast, lines don't look clearly defined and lots of details get lost, makes it look a lil bit plain in my opinion, some contrast would most improve the texture in that regard.

I'd actually agree that it could use some more contrast, lines don't look clearly defined and lots of details get lost, makes it look a lil bit plain in my opinion, some contrast would most improve the texture in that regard.

Yeah, it's funny that things look very different from program to program. I kept the contrast lower, because when I was working in Photoshop it looked okay. And I was afraid of overdoing it.

But in 3Ds Max it's all less visible.

I've taken the comments and tweaked it all further; given a nice boost to the contrast, also altered the blue.

Did a quick early in-game test.

T3_Boost.jpg

INgame.jpg

T3_Tex.jpg

• Like 1

Now *that* has oomph! I do hope my replies haven't "sounded" harsh or overly critical. Talking through type isn't really communication at all.

I still think the blue is a little too strong. I think a slightly milder blue would look more T3-ish. That said, it really does look fantastic.

Or, instead of blue, you might try a lilac or a maroon like your MOD of davik's estate on Taris. Maybe even a green??? Blue is just not really working for me because of R2D2

Yeah, it's funny that things look very different from program to program. I kept the contrast lower, because when I was working in Photoshop it looked okay. And I was afraid of overdoing it.

But in 3Ds Max it's all less visible.

I've taken the comments and tweaked it all further; given a nice boost to the contrast, also altered the blue.

Did a quick early in-game test.

Yeah, i've encountered the same problems, also between the texture itself and the render ingame there's usually quite a large difference in colors, and unnoticeable elements in one might be pretty evident in the other.

It looks indeed better this way, regarding the blue i guess it's just a matter of personal preferences, I don't see any problem with it, nor would i think it bad if it's changed.

And for Lawkmt3, I'd say from what i've seen (since i haven't really been playing nor modding lately I've only looked quickly a new mods and stuff) I'd say Quanon is going for an improvement on the npc textures while retaining the original feels of it, so I doubt going for a completely different color would be his first choice, just as he didn't made HK-47 gray nor Mission purple, if people really have a problem with the current blue i'd mainly think about different tones and saturation for it even if i'm okay with it the way it is.

I love all of Quanon's stuff. I'm having a hard time not thinking R2-D2 here, but the quality and beauty of his art is automatically in my Override folder! :D

I think we can blame bioware for that though, they were clearly aiming for a robot pair with T3-M4 and HK-47 so i wouldn't be surprised they choose blue on purpose.

But on a side note, I was wondering about something completely unrelated to these reskins, but back in the lucas forums days, you (Quanon) went innactive for some time and dumped a lot of models and stuff in a "Quanon's big sell out" topic, allowing free use for everyone, and I remember a couple lightsaber models that were pretty nice and used to have on my override (I think they weren't game ready, it's just me who modded them into the game), but my computer from that time died and I lost all my files, so I was wondering if you still had those files, and if you had ever thought about re-using some of those files that got kind of forgotten (Like adding those lightsabers into your Quanon's lightsabers mods, or something like that).

I think we can blame bioware for that though, they were clearly aiming for a robot pair with T3-M4 and HK-47 so i wouldn't be surprised they choose blue on purpose.

But on a side note, I was wondering about something completely unrelated to these reskins, but back in the lucas forums days, you (Quanon) went innactive for some time and dumped a lot of models and stuff in a "Quanon's big sell out" topic, allowing free use for everyone, and I remember a couple lightsaber models that were pretty nice and used to have on my override (I think they weren't game ready, it's just me who modded them into the game), but my computer from that time died and I lost all my files, so I was wondering if you still had those files, and if you had ever thought about re-using some of those files that got kind of forgotten (Like adding those lightsabers into your Quanon's lightsabers mods, or something like that).

I've got them all! :D Still cruising on the harddrive, gathering dust until I someday mess with them. :P

I've got them all! :D Still cruising on the harddrive, gathering dust until I someday mess with them. :P

Wow, for the first time it wasn't milestails who had the mod on his hard drive. :harhar:

On a serious note, you are going to share that around right?

yeah i have a copy of some of those too, and AFAIK he did release them for modders resources, but he might want some of them back for his new work.

Wow, for the first time it wasn't milestails who had the mod on his hard drive. :harhar:

On a serious note, you are going to share that around right?

Not mine to share, unless Quanon says otherwise.

yeah i have a copy of some of those too, and AFAIK he did release them for modders resources, but he might want some of them back for his new work.

Yeah, I did release a whole host of 3D files. Including area model files. I've been thinking on doing a new release. But I want most of those areas "ready" to use. 

A bit more mod friendly and useable from the go. Just proper renaming and also releasing ASCII format files, so anyone can import it into his 3D software.

Not sure on the lightsabers? I think most of lightsabers got included in other mods. There's one from Marius Fett (DarthDingDong) who did a package with a few of his own saber hilts and mine included.

Google might get that out for you ^^

Yeah, I did release a whole host of 3D files. Including area model files. I've been thinking on doing a new release. But I want most of those areas "ready" to use.

A bit more mod friendly and useable from the go. Just proper renaming and also releasing ASCII format files, so anyone can import it into his 3D software.

Not sure on the lightsabers? I think most of lightsabers got included in other mods. There's one from Marius Fett (DarthDingDong) who did a package with a few of his own saber hilts and mine included.

Google might get that out for you ^^

Found it, thanks :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/245/?

Though it isn't exactly a mod but a resources pack, never got around to finish the mod he had planned (it's in particular the last two that I remember, like them quite a bit :}), besides this I've never seen them on other mods, but there could always be some mod unrelated to the lightsabers themselves that includes them so that you don't really see from the get go they're included and I missed it °°.

Anyways I'll keep them safe somewhere for next time I decide to start a new game.

Found it, thanks :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/245/?

Though it isn't exactly a mod but a resources pack, never got around to finish the mod he had planned (it's in particular the last two that I remember, like them quite a bit :}), besides this I've never seen them on other mods, but there could always be some mod unrelated to the lightsabers themselves that includes them so that you don't really see from the get go they're included and I missed it °°.

Anyways I'll keep them safe somewhere for next time I decide to start a new game.

I believe I passed them to that TSL mod, where you can craft your lightsabers; giving unique models on what you put together. Did that ever get released fully? 

I believe I passed them to that TSL mod, where you can craft your lightsabers; giving unique models on what you put together. Did that ever get released fully? 

Still working on it, fam.

Don't judge me, I'm lazy :P

Still working on it, fam.

Don't judge me, I'm lazy :P

I won't, trust me. My modding folders are full of stuff that needs to be finished :)

With T3-M4 out of my way, I now started work on the oldest party member. Everwise and cranky, senile Jolee Bindo.

Most of the work has gone into adding the wrinkles and beard. 

As always, this is a first look at the start of things. I'm sure you all know how much can change in an update ;)

So don't worry to much about color to much yet. I'm in the progress of adding in the details for the skin.

But here's a look how things look. I replaced Zaalbar with Jolees model.

Redrob is correct though. Jolee's head model has a few odd flaws. There's something odd about the upper lip; it just looks wrong.

There's also some HARD cuts on the forehead, so things don't blend nicely going from his face/ forehead to his scalp/ top of the head.

Prev001.jpg

Prev002.jpg

Prev003.jpg

Some visible skin texture? Great!

Sorry to say that, but Cache71 will probably have some plans for a bit of alteration after she's finished with what she'skinning now and I'll probably wait for it, since, sorry to say that again, you're not the best at texturimg eyes.

Some visible skin texture? Great!

Sorry to say that, but Cache71 will probably have some plans for a bit of alteration after she's finished with what she'skinning now and I'll probably wait for it, since, sorry to say that again, you're not the best at texturimg eyes.

I really don't see the pointing of saying this at all....

Jolee looks really, really good. Are there plans to fix the model issues or are you going to work with it?

I really don't see the pointing of saying this at all....

Jolee looks really, really good. Are there plans to fix the model issues or are you going to work with it?

You wrote it just before I wanted to edit the post since it sounded like Quanon is not good at any texturing, which is of course not true, just the eyes are not the best, but looking at lips and chicks, the skin looks very natural, which is, besides the eyes, what I liked the most in Cache's recent works.

Good job, Quanon! More of natural skin! I love it!

I just don't see the point of coming onto Quanon's thread and telling him you're planning on using someone else's work.

But I digress.

I just don't see the point of coming onto Quanon's thread and telling him you're planning on using someone else's work.

But I digress.

I haven't said I'm completely rejecting his project. What Cache71 did is using Quanon's work under his permission and fixing some bugs and making it subtly less monotonous than vanilla schemes. I have said that I would be probably waiting for this subtle fix, as it covers mostly the eyes, if Cache71 is planning to do so. Everything apart from the eyes and the forehead looks really nice, and as Quanon mentioned, forehead hasn't been touched yet. So I mean I'm looking forward to both Quanon's reskin and a fix that will make eyes look better.