513 replies to this topic

#361 Zhaboka

Zhaboka

Applesauce Tractor

• M478_Staff
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:58 AM

Throw on a mini-map, some placeables, and a couple dozen NPCs, and that baby looks vanilla-immersive.

Lite-Brite-Low-Res_1.jpg

#362 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:10 AM

Looks really good indeed. And so does the Carth reskin :)

If I may ask: What Kreia reskin are you using in the video? It looks really good.

Signatur_zps1zcbmz8z.gif

#363 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

Any plans now to finish up that module?

Yes; very much. But I first need to wrap up a dozen other projects :laughing:

Like always I got few things in the running; but these babies take time.

Besides I want to finish the models before asking extra hands to help and populate the areas.

You don't want to know the hours I spend on that Nar Shaddaa area already.

Looks really good indeed. And so does the Carth reskin :D

If I may ask: What Kreia reskin are you using in the video? It looks really good.

Thanks ^^

Ah, Kreia, it's an old reskin I did myself. Never released it though. As I thought I could do better.

Certainly not at the same level as my recent work.

Carth has taken a pause for now. I did some work on Zaalbar. I wanted to test a few things on how to do his fur.

I so far like the look, but I'll need to do his fur in a lot more smaller patches. Do differant sizes of hair more... I've used larger parts now and it doesn't work good on his model.

Certainly the head looks weird :laughing:

He also needs more contrast. But I got basis now to work from. And try to get rid of that horrible mirror effect. That might be a real challenge.

Anyway, can't help myself an early preview of sorts. No fear, he'll  look better in future updates ;)

Spoiler

• jc2 likes this

Posted Image

#364 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

That actually looks pretty good (for early WIP :P).

As you said, you need different lengths of hair for different parts of his body. Also the hair color should not be the same everywhere and the same goes for the smoothness of the hair. You probably knew that stuff, but in the very unlikely case you didn't I figured I'd type it here^^

For the Kreia skin:

I might PM you about that skin at some point in a very very distant future ;)

Signatur_zps1zcbmz8z.gif

#365 jc2

jc2

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

I like how Zalbar is beginning to look, but the pink straps are throwing me off! xD

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Revantor's K1 Korriban Tomb Loot 

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#366 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

This is simply too good of a job for a derpy First Draft mod. At least give him some rainbow suspenders or something

#367 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:39 AM

Nar Shaddaa looks fantastic Quanon! Those lightmaps are really paying off!

signaturegizka2-1.gif

#368 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMalachor II

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:48 AM

I feel like you made Zalbaar look like an 8-foot tall teddy bear, but keep trying and it should look alright.

#369 Taki17

Taki17

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

Was the Nar Shaddaa module by any chance inspired by the Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast Nar Shaddaa levels? Or is it just me who feels like it was?

Intel Core i7 4770k * ASUS STRIX GTX1060 O6G * Corsair Vengeance 4x4 GB DDR3 * ASUS Maximus Hero VI

#370 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:02 PM

Nar Shaddaa looks fantastic Quanon! Those lightmaps are really paying off!

Yeah, it really, takes it to the next level. Very happy how they turned out.

I stopped working on this area, since I now have to decide on how to add more decor and props.

I would like to use custom made placeables. So that I don't need to  adjust the walkmeshes again.

But somehow, when I make a placeable, say, just a box. And add a walkmesh to it. So it blocks off the player. It also "Blocks" the whole walkmesh of that part of the area.

It's really strange... And I haven't dug further into the problem so far.

I feel like you made Zalbaar look like an 8-foot tall teddy bear, but keep trying and it should look alright.

Hahaha, yes, he even had a more choclate brown color at the start, really super fluffy looking, but I adjusted it. But it can use some more tweaks :D

Was the Nar Shaddaa module by any chance inspired by the Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast Nar Shaddaa levels? Or is it just me who feels like it was?

Oh, yes. Dark Forces and Dark Forces II, where my first Star Wars games on PC ^_^

Nar Shaddaa has always taken my interest and I wanted that same feel and look back in the Kotor games.

Recently replayed the whole series, Outcast and teh expansion included; yum yum!

I can live with how the Refugee sector looks like in TSL, but the name says it. It's the run down part, near the docks. Not the real social hub and place the residents of Nar Shaddaa live.

So I made a section that's considered the place to be if you like to have good fun time at night or day;.... euh, week? :laughing:

More Zaalbar tweaks: Mainly did work on his face. Added smaller hair patches around nose, cheecks and eyes. Adjusted the 'top' of his head to.

Started to add longer hair to his chest area. But this gets lost, due to the horrible mirror effect. I'll have to get in some straight hanging hair. Instead of this more flowy curved stuff.
Which is why the seam and mirror effect is so clear to see.

The color has been altered to. But  seeing it in Max and ingame I can push the contrast and effect a little more.

Spoiler

• jc2 likes this

Posted Image

#371 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

Sometimes you find something old in your override.

Posted Image

#372 jc2

jc2

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

Wow, that looks incredible! I'm guessing that Juhani outfit is your mod? Also, at 3:38 it looks a bit like the Korriban map in the mod Jedi Masters. It's a reskin of the Manaan surface right? Did you ever work with those guys, or is it just coincidental? 

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Revantor's K1 Korriban Tomb Loot 

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#373 superSzym

superSzym

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

I don't like the city, but everything else looks great.

#374 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMalachor II

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

Do you reckon you could do a Module Modder's Resource?

I'm guessing that Juhani outfit is your mod? 

No- http://deadlystream....tlike-head-mod/

• jc2 likes this

#375 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:46 PM

Do you reckon you could do a Module Modder's Resource?

No- http://deadlystream....tlike-head-mod/

Ahum, yes, that is part my mod. I made that one skin/ outfit and also the lightsabers included in that mod. Thank you ;)

My old WIP thread on Lucas Forums is gone now. But back in the day me and Redrob where sort of working on the same idea for Juhani.

And the logical thing was to work together and get a really good mod released. Plus, Jonathan also helped on the mod.

To anwser your other question. I did release a Resource pack; but that was on LucasForums.
I might pack this up again, so more people can enjoy this stuff or finish it.

@JC: No Manaan stuff was used. It's all made by me :)
But like I mentioned above, back in the day, I did release a Resource pack, with these models included. It's possible a few people have picked this up and used it.

Which would be pretty cool ^_^

• jc2 likes this

Posted Image

#376 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMalachor II

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:36 AM

Ahum, yes, that is part my mod. I made that one skin/ outfit and also the lightsabers included in that mod. Thank you ;)

If you look on the bright side, I was stunned at how amazing mod was I forgot to read the readme  :D.

#377 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:07 PM

If you look on the bright side, I was stunned at how amazing mod was I forgot to read the readme  :D.

Hahaha, no harm done. If I came out a bit harsh, sorry for that,  but I know what I created.

But in all fairness; RedRob did a larger part of that mod, my outfit wouldn't have looked that awesome without his help; so he should certainly get the main credits for it :D

Here's the work I've been doing on Carths outfit:

It's mainly his jacket; and little test on the pants, to get some texture in there.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#378 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:07 PM

Damn. Carth's original clothing look is a huge nostalgia piece for me, so I was a little apprehensive about how this would look. You have put all my fears to rest. This looks incredible.

#379 Quanon

Quanon

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationHarelbeke

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

I've continued to work on both Carth and Bastilas slave outfit. Redrob has been so kind again, to share an updated body model for Carth. It fixes a few problems on the UVmap of the model. Which improves the overall look of the skin. Many thanks Redrob! Can't say that enough!

No pictures yet, but I do have something else...

Scrapyard Games!

Yes, this is still alive! For the newer folks here on the forums a little history:

Back in the day, when I first started to mod the Kotor games I teamed up with a fellow modder called GloveMaster. Like many new modders, we had a ton of crazy big ideas.

One of many was Scrapyard Games. The mod itself is by standards 'small', there's no great epic story to be told. Not like SilverEdges masterpiece.

No, this mod was to be more 'fun', a bit of a laugh, to balance out the rather dark gloomy atmosphere  of The Sith Lords.

In it's most basic form, Scrapyard is an arena mod. The Scrapyard Station is run by a large crew of droids, which you also battle in the arena.

You get a ton of credits for winning fights, which then gives you access to new items to use on your adventure in the game.

Along side the arena there a few other new areas to explore, they are small, but packed with fun things to do.

But, time moved on, Scrapyard never got finished by me and GloveMaster. I packed it up and passed it to D-Stoney, IIRC.

It stayed in his hands for a while, then it got passed along again. Darth Insidious? It only got back to me, because Fair Strides and Sith Holocron convinced me to have another look at it myself. Both have been a great support. Fair Strides fixing up all the scripts and tons of files. Me, I updated my old areas with lightmaps and better walkmeshes. Which has been a slow affair.

Lucky for me Fair Strides and Sith Holocron have had the patience to deal with my tardyness and often kicked me awake to continue on.

It would never have gotten this far; without their help. Can't thank you enough gentlemen!

And so.... A small teaser.

A very cobbled together teaser :laughing:

I'm new to this video thing, so don't expect a masterpiece ;)

Enjoy!

Posted Image

#380 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

My only nitpick on the video is that the new hangar isn't cooperating in time to be in the video... :P

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users