Darth_Sapiens

Darth Sapiens' WIPs

So guys, I can't mod like i used to, due to my schedule. i have a few "stale" WIP threads, They will all be closed but conversation about them can be continued here. However, please do not post questions about release dates and whether or not a particular mod is being worked on, if there hasn't been an update here in more than a month and you haven't heard otherwise, it's "asleep." PM me these kinds of questions to keep the thread clean. Do feel free to post bugs you encounter with my mods, or criticism of my sleeping WIP's. A few active mods i have going at the moment are :

A mod to make droid armours and Visas's robes change with equipped items ( like this mod)

A high definition skin for T3-M4, and HK

My VFX Overhaul,

And a few miscellaneous mods.

To get this thread spinning, allow me to tantalize you with some screens. (T3 is still very much a WIP, but the GUI one I think is done)

post-9663-0-72722000-1391074698_thumb.jpg

post-9663-0-96139200-1391074700_thumb.jpg

post-9663-0-83381600-1391074978_thumb.jpg

post-9663-0-21579500-1391074987_thumb.jpg

post-9663-0-33122700-1391074992_thumb.jpg

I thought you and Vurt were working together on the Visual Effects Overhaul. If you've gone on hiatus, what does that mean for him? Is he still working on it?

I really like the GUI design. (Kind of funny that it looks like Czerka pays for the User Interface since their symbol is displayed prominently in the background, even though they're basically your enemies in both games. )

Still, it's nice to see something different from vanilla yet at just as high of quality.

====---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__

Did you also do the Dantooine skybox in the background with T3, and is he a reskin as well?

_____-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------==

I also dig the username you gave your character.. (even if it's game-generated   :D )

__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<

Incidentally, are you working on a Darth Sion reskin? because I've tried (believe me), but he's just too macabre for me to wrap my head around toward doing a good quality one (makes me a tad squeamish).

Yet, I still believe he absolutely needs it, since there are so many closeups in the cutscenes throughout most of the gameplay, and his highly pixelated presentation shows up quite prominently. (most notably in his eye and skin/tendon "cracks") 

I really like the GUI design. (Kind of funny that it looks like Czerka pays for the User Interface since their symbol is displayed prominently in the background, even though they're basically your enemies in both games. )

Still, it's nice to see something different from vanilla yet at just as high of quality.

====---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__

Did you also do the Dantooine skybox in the background with T3, and is he a reskin as well?

_____-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------==

I also dig the username you gave your character.. (even if it's game-generated   :D )

__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<

Incidentally, are you working on a Darth Sion reskin? because I've tried (believe me), but he's just too macabre for me to wrap my head around toward doing a good quality one (makes me a tad squeamish).

Yet, I still believe he absolutely needs it, since there are so many closeups in the cutscenes throughout most of the gameplay, and his highly pixelated presentation shows up quite prominently. (most notably in his eye and skin/tendon "cracks") 

i didn't touch the sky box, probably was a different mod, the t3 was a wip of mine, but is no longer.

thanks for the compliment on the ui, i used czerka cause they are a kotor-era manufacturer, so i figured why not use them,

also i lost the files for my previous sion skin when my hdd crashed a while back, but i do want to try it again, (its tough for me though cause i am fairly squeamish lol)

i really want to use deadman's sion model and go from there, (also iirc the uvmap for sion is SCREEEEEWed up.)

well my t3 skin isnt a wip anymore, because it's 95% done! just little tweaks here and there now.

post-9663-0-26870500-1395509495_thumb.jpgpost-9663-0-49074400-1395509501_thumb.jpgpost-9663-0-48589200-1395509510_thumb.jpgpost-9663-0-44302700-1395509518_thumb.jpg

I think I can help you out with making T3's skins change with his armor...

That is, if you need a helping hand with it.

not quite at that point yet, but i'll keep it in mind,

it's been a while since i was looking at scripting, are custom 2da's feasible?

i was looking at a script stoffe made for chainz2da's mod, for kreia, i thought about using that as a base, but a 2da reference would make it easier to update i think, (my scripting knowledge is very limited though lol)

this is still a way off, but maybe a system that works for every character that suffers from this lack of model changing flexibility,

(like hanharr, kreia, visas (well, kind of with her i guess), hk-47, t3-m4, g0-t0, and i have thought about mandalore, and if i ever get good enough at 3d, i feel bao dur will be in a similar spot.)

that can be easily updated by 2da's?

hey guys I'm kinda all over the place right now, but I figured I'd update this thread, I've taken it upon myself to redo all the character textures (NPCs, heads, aliens, droids, armours, robes, clothes etc)  in at least 2k res, I'm not upscaling and running my textures through filters, I mean the real thing at least 80% from scratch, (like my Mandalore and Nihlus mods) I'm trying to stick as close to the original as I can interpret from the sometimes awful resolutions they're in, (every now and then I do take liberties though in the sake of quality/uniqueness) so far I'm working on Sion (based more off of the force unleashed than vanilla and using deadman's model) the droids,  Yuthura and the Twi'leks,  and a few of the generic NPC heads, eventually I hope to get them all done, but I don't plan to focus on just one texture for too long, I find it easier to stay motivated jumping around, here are some screenshots, all are very much still wip, but just a taste is still always nice right ;) (I do notice the obvious flaws like the Duros mouth being off, and the Twi'lek male is the most unfinished) 

f_twilekhead_zpsf9c54374.jpg

opochano_zpsc8abc93d.jpg

M_twilekhead-Recovered_zps331ce089.jpg

sionnew_zps8efebd47.jpg

• Like 4

Sapiens, that sounds like an excellent idea. I'm really looking forward to it!

Allow me to tell you some thoughts on your pics:

Especially the Duros skin and the Sion texture are very detailed and look really stunning! 

Something that could use a bit of work are the eyes though - the pupil should be definitely smaller and if its possible - imagine them with some 3D depth...

like here:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/mtrpe.jpg     

http://www.zeiss.co.uk/content/vision/great-britain/website/en_gb/desktop/better-vision/better-vision-with-zeiss/for-your-eyes-only/jcr%3Acontent/stagepar/stage/slide/stageimage/image.img.jpg/1361258713159.jpg/zeiss-uk-eyes-visual-980x308.jpg

Aside from that its marvellous work - keep it up!

Pleased Statement: Oh neat. T3 with blue. Just like in K1. I never even noticed the slight color difference in the vanilla version until I saw your screen shots.

Query: And making his look change with armoring?

Opinion: That would be awesome.

Not to critique too harshly; I am astounded at how great your work consistently is (That Duros looks a million times better than I had even dreamed of) However, one anatomic thing I noticed, is that Sion's breastbone sags a lot in the top center of his chest in your image, which even if his bone had calcified, would still hold a solid structure.

That aside, I am a huge fan of your textures, and your infinite attention to detail is one reason yours are among my favorites. Keep up the consistently good work. Also glad to see you modding again. :)

Side note: Are custom head models possible in kotor/tsl? I was thinking of making a duros head (fully rigged, of course) so that we could see more variety in their appearances. Wanted to do the same with the weequay, rodian, etc. - basically any alien with five fingers, should, IMHO have a separate head. (I notticed dak's and a few other alien heads on kfiles, but none seemed to be properly rigged.

Regarding your side note: I think the alien heads that need the most variety are the Twil'leks - both male and female.  We see and interact with those aliens the most throughout the KOTOR series.

felt like some visas tonight

visas_zps253f853f.jpg

the body is pretty much done, but from the neck up I've not done anything yet. one on the left is pure vanilla, the right, my repainted/textured/2Kified version. trying to stay close to vanilla with her, unlike sion/t3 (i started those long ago)

3 Things regarding your Sion-Reskin

-did you reduce the amount of gore and wounds? I allways thought of him with a lot of scars, like in these pictures:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/330/2/4/Malachor_V___Darth_Sion_WIP_by_Caetis.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110911085654/villains/images/3/3f/Sion_Korriban.jpg

- That yellow-ish something on both sides between the chest and neck look kind of weird, and in general his skin color looks a little bit too bright, but might just be because it's not ingame. 

- Will it be compatible with the TFU-Style Model?

I really hope that I don't seem like too much of a critic, I really love your work, especially on Sion! Keep it going!

Thing is, at least from my impression of Sion in the writing: his very muscle fibers were also fractured, so the marbling and muscle lines would be significantly calcified. He would look more like a yellowish pile of graham cracker dust than a zombie.. Obviously, this would be toned-down so you could recognize physical features for his appearance, obviously.. (Additionally, human flesh is a more dark brown than bright red that most people assume)

I think Sapiens did a good job of addressing this by making the skin have a "cracking texture" throughout.

However, I too hope that it is compatible with the TFU style, for the glowing eye light it has would complete the look even more.

the tfu model is part of the package, it just crashes in photoshop, so I have to texture that part "old school". (all my screens are taken in photoshop, i almost never load it in game.)

• Like 1

visas is done, (yayyy!) next should be sion, his look will be like it is now, I don't plan on making drastic changes to the texture, (just have to give his boots a bit of a polish and work out the shades of black, skin colour etc.

here are some in-game screenshots :) 

swkotor2%202015-02-24%2020-34-57_zpsqjoc

swkotor2%202015-02-21%2019-47-51_zpsfsni

swkotor2%202015-02-21%2019-45-09_zpsrsfc

swkotor2%202015-02-21%2019-44-58_zpsfwtpswkotor2%202015-02-21%2019-45-24_zpss5j5

swkotor2%202015-02-21%2019-45-17_zps0nej

• Like 1

I really like the Sion skin, although I think the face looks a bit... off. It's kind of hard to describe. The quality is great, but I don't really see Sion's face from it. I see a man with a baby face who's suffered numerous 3rd degree burns and sword cuts. Besides the face being slightly off, I absolutely love what you did to Sion.

Your Visas skin is pretty much perfect and your T3-M4 skin is fantastic!