CypressFX

M4-78 with non-English versions

Hi guys!

First off thank you a lot for these original mods. Its really great for this game, because nobody of the Big Game Companys cares about the interests of gamers but only for the profit...Thanks a lot!!!;)

So now to my question/problem:

I have The German Version of Kotor 2 and wanted to install the M4-78 Mod. I could find a data (patch) from a Kotor Fansite that turns The German Version into English. The data is called "dialog.tlk". So I wanted to know if the replacement of the German version with the english one could allow me to play the mod without that DLGConverter. Will there be problems?

Thanks a lot for all help!

CypressFX

Hi guys!

First off thank you a lot for these original mods. Its really great for this game, because nobody of the Big Game Companys cares about the interests of gamers but only for the profit...Thanks a lot!!! ;)

So now to my question/problem:

I have The German Version of Kotor 2 and wanted to install the M4-78 Mod. I could find a data (patch) from a Kotor Fansite that turns The German Version into English. The data is called "dialog.tlk". So I wanted to know if the replacement of the German version with the english one could allow me to play the mod without that DLGConverter. Will there be problems?

Thanks a lot for all help!

CypressFX

The Dialog.tlk is a different file for each language, with the same data in each. The Dialog.tlk only determines the text that is displayed, not the sounds. The audio files are also different.

You would need to re-record the audio in German. If you were to simply replace the .tlk file, every piece of text in your KotOR2 would be in english, even if you had German audio...

You can swap your dialog.tlk with English one for the duration of M4-78 (and the end of Korriban's academy) and it will work fine, without DLG Converter. Just remember to swap it back after the planet is over or you'll run into some issues later, as I assume you have German TSLRCM installed.

I realize this is an old topic, but my problem is closely related. I've installed version 1.83 a month ago, I think it is the english version on the german installation as I didn't realize there IS a german version, and installed M4-78 per instruction. Tonight I ran into the Korriban problem (before Sion), which I could solve as described in one post with extracting the 702etc.erf and converting it.

Now I'm back at the Ebon Hawk and talking to T3 gives me the error message.

If I swap out the dialog.tlk to english the game crashes on autosaves (it is a very finicky installation on win7). No other mods installed.

Here's the question - can I convert something and if yes, which files would that be?

Sounds like converting T3M4.dlg in override folder could help, along with all 80*DRO.mod files from modules folder.

Alternatively, grab TLK Editor and use it to change your dialog.tlk's language ID to English.

Thx for your answer. Changing the ID didn't work. However, after some more trial and error, I got your first solution (using the english dialog.tlk) working. Apparently on Win 7, every time I change something in the folder, I have to disable write protection again. I'm on the droid planet now, so far no crash! Let's hope for the best.