Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

Seriously?

swtor-vintage-republic-military-armor-se

swtor-vintage-republic-military-armor-se

Seriously?

I guess the TOR developers haven't even played Knights of the Old Republic I. Even so, what the heck is up with that design?

What's up the the helmets? Or what ever they are supposed to be called, not sure that they look anything like that in kotor, but it has been a while since I have played!

Hassat, those helmet are hideous. It's strange because I recall see helmets in game that do look like the original helmets - odd that they didn't use those.

They don't look that way in KOTOR1... and I would say 'for good reason'

Guess TOR's dev's just don't got the same feel of common sense KOTOR's devs had?

What is the grey suit supposed to be in that photo?

But they (wisely) decided to change it in KOTOR1.

Why didn't the use the concept art? Why couldn't they make the same conclusion. Why couldn't they simply play KOTOR1? Why? WHY?

• Like 2

So we can point and laugh at them.

Honestly though, I can't find any way those helmets could protect you from anything. They look ridiculous, so the only edge you would have in battle would be to make your enemy underestimate you, and the only part of your head protected by them would be bludgeoned any time you would run into anything (which would be often considering how far it juts out)

So there's not real-world application for this (which Star Wars commonly has), and it looks stupid from a fantasy side..Plus the design has already been TESTED by the public at large and the better designs were accepted.. What was the Art Director thinking??

I thought flight suit, but unless there's a targetting computer in that helmet overhang, it'd just be impractical.

I thought flight suit, but unless there's a targetting computer in that helmet overhang, it'd just be impractical.

It could be a Special Forces or Tactical Response Unit uniform.

HH, have you thought about opening a thread at SWTOR's official forums to point out how stupid these helmets look? Send a link and I will post in it too!

There is actually a sketch of it, so it was intented to be like this

RepublicMiliaryKotORCG.jpg

Quick heads-up. The gray uniform, second from the right is a republic crewer uniform. Found this out reading more of the KOTOR comics..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Karathvindication.jpg The only image I could find for proof since for some reason no one thought to scan in better examples.