Out of curiousity, I ran a search on Google for a star wars galaxy map, given the 240+ books, all of the comics, and the tv shows shaping the galaxy. I found this, and was wondering if the community at large would find this reliable as a map?

Note: According to the scale, and going to the nearest 1/4 of a square, the galaxy as depicted by this map is 135,780.75 lightyears across at it's widest point. An Old Republic Dreadnaught can do 0.4 past lightspeed in Hyperspace, which amounts to 420,000 km/second.

In the end, assuming the Galaxy's "Standard" time is a 24-hour earth day, following the earth calendar of 7-day weeks and 365-day years, a lightyear is 1,284,594,519,600,000,000 km long, which is one quintillion, two-hundred eighty-four quadrillion, five-hundred nineteen trillion, six-hundred billion kilometers.

At 796,448,602,152,000,000 (Seven-hundred ninety-six quadrillion, four-hundred forty-eight trillion, six-hundred two billion, one-hundred fifty-two million) miles across, that's a HUGE galaxy!!!

@Fair Strides

The map you have actually seems to follow parts of the NJO map http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/11/NJO_galaxy_map.JPG (which was published in 2003); with things like Bakura being on the top left instead of down by Endor. Coruscant also seems to be closer to the right in the NJO version.

The essential atlas is the way I'd go. http://www.tor.com/images/stories/blogs/11_02/essential-atlas-star-wars-galaxy-map.jpg It has all of the added planets from the TOR (not to be confused with SWTOR) library and is in current (as of 2011) specs.

Plus the map are so complete! And even those planets that are not on maps are still given X-Y coordinates, though it is pretty rare not to find these. I think it happened to me only once not to find a planet I was looking for in there and I've been looking for a whole bunch, when I did my Star Wars Rebellion/Supremacy map overhaul.

Plus the map are so complete! And even those planets that are not on maps are still given X-Y coordinates, though it is pretty rare not to find these. I think it happened to me only once not to find a planet I was looking for in there and I've been looking for a whole bunch, when I did my Star Wars Rebellion/Supremacy map overhaul.

@Malkior:

Thanks for the info! Is there a higher-res version? I almost can't read the names...

@MrPhil:

Thanks to you as well! I wasn't sure about any map being accurate!

@Malkior:

Thanks for the info! Is there a higher-res version? I almost can't read the names...

After a fairly in-depth search, it seems that 1500x1500 (which the image I linked appears to be) is the highest size I could find on the internet (via google)

However, there is an essential atlas .pdf which has all of the planets and their exact coordinates http://starwars.com/media/general/atlas-appendix.pdf , so you can chart them off of it.

On the subject of the calendar structure, Wookiepedia says it's the same as ours until you get to weeks, which are 5 days, then 7 week months, 35 day months, 368 day years.

On the subject of the calendar structure, Wookiepedia says it's the same as ours until you get to weeks, which are 5 days, then 7 week months, 35 day months, 368 day years.

Well, that's some info to file away, huh? Now I can read a Star Wars book and know roughl what the timeline is...