Photo

My Projects In the Pipeline (mostly texture related)

In Progress Textures

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#241 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:25 AM

Another year (Or two), another backlog of modding projects.

I'm posting the progress on any mods I'm working on back here just to keep it in a central location.

The current mod on the docket is the Kotor1 version of Blasters Reloaded.

_updated_

I'm going to finish the first iteration, but for the next I was wondering what to do to better differentiate the weapon types.

At the moment, there is little advantage to using a bowcaster versus just a heavy blaster and like the rest of the goal of this mod, I want to make weapon choice a more tactical decision rather than just which has more damage or criticals.

I want these advantages and disadvantages to match their "real world" counterparts though, and at the moment the weapon effects Kotor has are somewhat troublesome to use in that it seems only Paralysis, Stun, and Poison are the only effects that actually do something impactful. The rest seem useless.

For example, I've planned to use Pierce bonuses for Disruptors, but I'm getting information online that it's not even a real effect and is only left over from NWN. Additionally, the Electrical damage which I was going to use for Anti-Droid weapons seems to only be effective against some shields.

I've also noticed that some of the effects such as Dexterity damage may be too overpowered and make the game too easy.

Basically, I want to know any ideas of which bonuses will work best with the weapon types and which are pointless to use.

My current list is as follows:

Disruptor Weapons do bonuses to Piercing to simulate how they ignore any physical barriers and attack at the atomic level.

Bowcasters have a Slow effect and bonus to bludgeoning to simulate how they knockback targets -I wanted to use a knockdown effect, but it turns out Kotor doesn't have one :*(

Ion Weapons do bonus Electrical damage with possibly some sort of Stun to humans and massively increase damage against droids.

Mandalorian Weapons have a Dexterity Damage effect to simulate the overwhelming force anything Mandalorians make have.

So, I was wondering, which types of effects should these weapon types have in your opinions? For example, should Disruptor cause Stun and Bowcaster cause Slowdown? Should anything do Poison?

_updated_
|____________>>_______>>__/

#242 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Another year (Or two), another backlog of modding projects.
...etc..

Yeah you should add slow effect to blasters, I did that. 

Ion weapons sound like a good idea, but I wouldn't add the stun effect to them.

Additionally, you could have some blasters come with a feat such as improved rapid shot. Not to mention you could play around with the restriction, making certain items only useable by one class throwing in a level on uniqueness/balance.

Do blasters use any impact script? If so I could script a knockback effect into it for the bowcaster or whatever else.

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Grey Jedi "Shanilia" > http://deadlystream..../1044-shanilia/

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#243 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:31 AM

Yeah you should add slow effect to blasters, I did that. 

Ion weapons sound like a good idea, but I wouldn't add the stun effect to them.

Additionally, you could have some blasters come with a feat such as improved rapid shot. Not to mention you could play around with the restriction, making certain items only useable by one class throwing in a level on uniqueness/balance.

Do blasters use any impact script? If so I could script a knockback effect into it for the bowcaster or whatever else.

Cool. I was thinking of adding slow or stun specifically to the Sith Sniper Rifle with a minor lowering of ranged defense throws ( To balance out its insane damage and critical potential, and since sniper rifles are generally unwieldy and it's hard to dodge incoming fire) The slow or stun would make it more of an interesting unique weapon IMO

As far as the rest of the weapons, I added all of the rapid shot/power blast/sniper shot feats where they apply.

So for the blaster rifles, most if not all have an improved rapid shot or improved power blast. Some benefit from Master versions of these feats if their description warrants it. The "shotgun" type weapons generally have Improved or Master Power Blast, and some have Improved Sniper Shot if they have scopes on them.

Also, I looked through the scripts, and I don't know if there is an impact script. All I could find was k_hen_damage01 in the Kotortool. I'm fairly inexperienced with scripting, so I use just the Kotortool and even then I'm not great at actually *reading the scripts. However, if a knockback effect could be scripted, that'd be quite awesome.

• jc2 likes this
|____________>>_______>>__/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: In, Progress, Textures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users