Sign in to follow this  
Fire Beast

Problem with Rest Cont Mod 1.8.2

Hi to everyone, I'm registered now on this site (I don't know if i've to present me somewhere here).

I want in first to say "THANKS" to the creators of the mod. They probably did a long and hard work to make this special expansion, waited by a lot of players.. me included! So thanks a lot!

Anyway, I've a little problem with it, and I hope that someone can help me with some tips:

I've installed Kotor 2 (US version), then installed 1.0b official patch, and the game worked correctly.. then I've installed the Rest Cont Mod 1.8.2 (and no other unofficial patches), and the game starts normally, but..

When I arrive at the Main Menu, the only thing that I see is the mouse cursor (in game version), and the menu music is listen in background. The image is not seen, there is only a black screen.. and when i click wherever on the screen, the game crashes.

I tried to reinstall game and updates, and to change graphics settings before and after installed the RCM... I tried to install the RCM only without install the 1.0b patch before too.. but nothing. The main menu screen is always black, I listen only the music.

All the files updated by patch and RCM are located in the same folder, where the game was initially installed, in "Programs/Lucasarts/ecc..".

I've an ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video-board updated to the last driver version, and the last DirectX version compatible with Windows Vista Home Basic Edition SP2.

Can someone tell me how to try to resolve this, if possible? Thanks to everyone!

Are you installing TSLRCM into the right folder, as in, the game's MAIN folder (where swkotor2.exe is located) and not any of the sub-folders?

Reply to Kyrie: Original game cds

Reply to zbyl2: Yes, all RCM files are in main folder, under Programs - Lucasarts and game first folder. I don't have the folder Program(x86), if u need to know. Also, there is only another Lucasarts folder under AppData, but doesn't seems it has some files linked to RCM.

Seeing as you have the original cd version did you download the official update first?

As i said in first post, yes, i've installed the 1.0b update first (as US version, I don't need 1.0a).. and with that, the game works normally..

Installing then the RCM there's the problem, with the main menu black and only the music listened in background..

I've tried to install only the RCM without the 1.0b update too, but the problem still happens..

Sorry didn't read your post again before I asked about the patch.  Is your kotor2 main folder marked as read only when you right click and select properties? Also which version of Windows do you have?

My quest was never solved, it seems.

Again, same problem of 1 year ago:

Installed Patch 1.0b official (US version)

Installed the new RCM 1.8.3, in the same folder of the game (I don't have x86 folders on the system)

Game starts, first introductions go, but at the Main Menu window I heard only music on background. For the rest, there is a completely black screen. When I click wherever, game crashes.

I tried with Original Game, and now also with Cracked Game (using .exe and mss32.dll cracks). Both don't work.

I repeat all of my pc stats:

Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2

ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video-bord (updated drivers)

Last DirectX version for the System

Thanks to all, for your RCM work and if you can, for your help...

Cracked version was only a try, after all RCM is not an official patch.. ans also, having doubt about the functionality on, my original game version is not a UK or US version.. so, I've tried this last chance too, without result. No other reason -_-

For Prime: I've tried to change the compatibily, disabling visive themes and similar things.. nothing changes :(

If you re-install everything and only use the official stuff, does it work?

Seems very unlikely TSLRCM would do this, since we don't modify the .exe, and the only things changed in the main menu are the logo, and "SithLord 2"...

I suppose you can try to temporarily take those out, but they're very unlikely to do things like this;

* mainmenu02.mdl and .mdx

* KOTOR2logo.tga