Guest UltimateBear

Modding Kotor 1

Guest UltimateBear

Hello all! :D

I have finally found a website where maybe i could get some help, i'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place, anyway, this website looks amazing!. I do have a couple of questions, i started playing Kotor 1 and 2 a while back, and i loved the two characters, Revan and Bastila, so i was wondering if it was possible to make, basically a new story line, levels, editing dialogs, new outfits etc.. I'm not sure where to go to get these tools, and i was wondering, how would i go about doing all of this? If anyone could help, i would appreciate it a lot,  this is all for kotor 1 :D

I just would like to say, i don't really script :( So i'm not sure how this would work and if this could be all possible for me, :l

Thank you! :D

Hey guy, welcome to the community.

For key places to check for the modding community, I refer you to this thread here.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/966-the-key-places-for-kotor-modding/

Most of the places where you get modding tools is at Holowan Labs.

I wish there was a thread that shows how to start off, but essentially, just get KotORTool

As far as making new storylines, yes it is possible, but what you're talking about ends up being quite a bit of work to pull off, honestly. I'd stick to starting small like making new skins or new items.

Guest UltimateBear

Okay, thank you for the reply!

I will start small like you said, but for the storyline between Bastila and Revan, i take it, its all possible with the KotOR Tool, you linked?

Thanks again :) 

Hello all! :D

I have finally found a website where maybe i could get some help, i'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place, anyway, this website looks amazing!. I do have a couple of questions, i started playing Kotor 1 and 2 a while back, and i loved the two characters, Revan and Bastila, so i was wondering if it was possible to make, basically a new story line, levels, editing dialogs, new outfits etc.. I'm not sure where to go to get these tools, and i was wondering, how would i go about doing all of this? If anyone could help, i would appreciate it a lot,  this is all for kotor 1 :D

I just would like to say, i don't really script :( So i'm not sure how this would work and if this could be all possible for me, :l

Thank you! :D

You will need Kotor Tool, which is available here in the downloads section. This will allow you to edit most files for the game. You will also need:

K-GFF= This lets you edit the files in Kotor Tool,

DLGEditor = This lets you edit the conversations and make new ones,

ERFEdit = This lets you pack the files that the levels use,

NWNLexicon = This will help you to learn scripting (if you want), and a few others.

You know, instead I'll just give you a link to the tools I downloaded. These are all that you should need, unless you want to make new levels from scratch, in which case you'll need gmax(free) or 3DSMax(costs money). Also, this place will help you as well.

Now that I've given you the access you need, here's a warning I cannot express clearly enough...

READ THIS!!!

Also, if you need any help with scripting, you can PM me on here and at lucasforums, as well as ask for help here.

Guest UltimateBear

Thank you for the fast reply to both of you! :)

I have read it, and i agree, i will do my best, and continue to strive to what i would like to achieve!

I know this is a stupid question, i guess you have to make all your voices, say if i create a new dialog for Bastila, i can't use her voice can i? to say that new line? You guys are gonna laugh, but i just wanted to ask :)

Also, off topic, but my computer had this virus which nearly destroyed my computer, i'm just wondering, do these files you have linked me have any types of viruses? Just wondering, thanks again, i appreciate it!

Thank you for the fast reply to both of you! :D

I have read it, and i agree, i will do my best, and continue to strive to what i would like to achieve!

I know this is a stupid question, i guess you have to make all your voices, say if i create a new dialog for Bastila, i can't use her voice can i? to say that new line? You guys are gonna laugh, but i just wanted to ask :D

Also, off topic, but my computer had this virus which nearly destroyed my computer, i'm just wondering, do these files you have linked me have any types of viruses? Just wondering, thanks again, i appreciate it!

I downloaded them from official(for the modding community) sources and have used them myself with no problems.

And if you want to use Bastila's voice, you'd have to splice it, and that most of the time sounds terrible; that's if she says the words you want to use in the first place.

Guest UltimateBear

Okay thanks, is it possible that I could maybe add you on Skype? If that is allowed, I would appreciate it to ask some questions :)

Thank you and I appreciate it so far ( I just want to expand on basically what I've asked, and some other things of course ) :)

Okay thanks, is it possible that I could maybe add you on Skype? If that is allowed, I would appreciate it to ask some questions :D

Thank you and I appreciate it so far ( I just want to expand on basically what I've asked, and some other things of course ) :D

Sure, though my internet spotty right now. I'm Fair_Strides on Skype.