Two questions;

Does this also work with M4-78EP?

Will there be a version to include Iacen Konn from HOTOR? I absolutely loved having him in my party, between him and Visas I could have one of each prestige class in my party at one time.

Two questions;

Does this also work with M4-78EP?

Will there be a version to include Iacen Konn from HOTOR? I absolutely loved having him in my party, between him and Visas I could have one of each prestige class in my party at one time.

It should theoretically work with M4-78, but it does not add Iacen Konn, unfortunately

I seem to have some problem: after I installed the mod whenever i try to build a saber I am unable to choose a color - i choose a hilt and when i am asked what color i want i get only go back option.
I am not sure if i have to complete the quest building lightsaber before I can build sabers myself. Also I can choose from a crystal shop or something like that but when I buy a crystal I dont get it in my inventory

I seem to have some problem: after I installed the mod whenever i try to build a saber I am unable to choose a color - i choose a hilt and when i am asked what color i want i get only go back option.

I am not sure if i have to complete the quest building lightsaber before I can build sabers myself. Also I can choose from a crystal shop or something like that but when I buy a crystal I dont get it in my inventory

Something I clearly need to fix, although out of curiosity, what color crystal did you buy?

I managed to get it right - i had the latest lightsaber pack from Qui-Don Jorn and deinstalled it and I got the lightsaber schematic, however I still dont know how to build the lightsaber. Do I need to have completed the quest for building a lightsaber. Also after buying a crystal I am able to browse the bought crystal from the crystal section in the console.

I managed to get it right - i had the latest lightsaber pack from Qui-Don Jorn and deinstalled it and I got the lightsaber schematic, however I still dont know how to build the lightsaber. Do I need to have completed the quest for building a lightsaber. Also after buying a crystal I am able to browse the bought crystal from the crystal section in the console.

You unfortunately need a pre-existing lightsaber, so yes, you need to have completed that quest.

I'm working on making it as intuitive as possible but I'm clearly missing quite a few things -- or I really skimped on the instructions.

Well i have a lightsaber because i have installed exile's items ( a mod with some items of the exile found in a container on the Harbinger) and i thought i am supposed to replace the lightsaber's crystal with the new sabers schematics but i am unable to see them.

I'm new to the whole mod community so I would like to give a big thank you to everyone that has put so much of their time and energy into creating all of these kick ass mods.

Having said that, VP your saber mod looks awesome and I can't wait to give it a whirl.

I know we are all busy with our actual lives and I realize the final mod will be posted whenever you can get it out. From reading all the threads about it I can see you've dedicated a substantial portion of your time to it.

I was hoping you could provide me with a bit a guidance on this one question, if I really wanted to try out this mod should I just run with the alpha you have already put out or is the final close enough that I should just wait it out?

Thanks again for the time you've put into this.

I'm new to the whole mod community so I would like to give a big thank you to everyone that has put so much of their time and energy into creating all of these kick ass mods.

Having said that, VP your saber mod looks awesome and I can't wait to give it a whirl.

I know we are all busy with our actual lives and I realize the final mod will be posted whenever you can get it out. From reading all the threads about it I can see you've dedicated a substantial portion of your time to it.

I was hoping you could provide me with a bit a guidance on this one question, if I really wanted to try out this mod should I just run with the alpha you have already put out or is the final close enough that I should just wait it out?

Thanks again for the time you've put into this.

Go with the one posted in this thread somewhere. It's a good install, but make sure you extract everything from the zip file.

Hey VP,

I tried the this link below.

It's here! Keep in mind this is just a build for testing. After some bug fixes and tweaks, it will be posted as a mod download.

Duplisaber .01b (8/21/2014)

To put it mildly I could not get it to work. It installed but it basically erased all of the items in the game. I had the same problem with the alpha, not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edit 1: I'm going to try a clean install with only M4-78EP and TSLRCM 1.8.3 installed. I'm hopeful that will fix it.

Again, any guidance would be appreciated.

Edit 2: Okay, so I was able to get it to work, and it is pretty damn awesome. That said for some reason it changed all of my existing main-hand lightsabers into another color and model. Not sure what is up. Other then that it seems to be working.

Thanks

Edit 3: Not sure if your testers have come across these problems but I've noticed a few bugs. The first is that the mod hilts convert short sabers to regular when you remove the hilt (niote, I mean placing a regular saber hilt into a short saber). The second is that the mod seems to be eating my crystals, I realize that the mod is designed to convert the crystals into hilts but it's altering my entire inventory of crystals. And finally the crystal surplus function seems to be buggy, the purchased crystals do not appear in my inventory.

That said, the sheer variety of sabers and the quality of their appearance is awesome. Great mod. Hope you are able to get out the finished product in time to qualify for mod of the year this year.

Cheers

I would like to ask would it be possible to upload a RAR or something with screenshots of all the added hilts ?

About the missing inventory bug - i was able to fix it with copying the back up files back to override and then reinstalling the mod( it might need to repeat this a few times till it works right - I was having another saber replacement mod and after removing it all worked fine)

I would like to ask would it be possible to upload a rar or something with screenshots of all the added hilts ?

Not sure if the list is finalized yet. You might want to wait until his next release, my friend.

I signed up just for this. I AM SO EXCITED!

Also I have tons of design ideas if you wanna hear them out someday, I was quite famous in the J.K Community for my work!

• Like 1

I would like to ask would it be possible to upload a RAR or something with screenshots of all the added hilts ?

About the missing inventory bug - i was able to fix it with copying the back up files back to override and then reinstalling the mod( it might need to repeat this a few times till it works right - I was having another saber replacement mod and after removing it all worked fine)

So it does this occasionally? Even with the ProjectFiles folder extracted it fails on install?

It seems that way - I extracted all files from the archive in a separate folder and in my first installation all went fine till i found out a mod incompatibility at which point I deinstalled the problematic mod and after that reinstalled duplisaber with messed inventory so i had to do some manual backuping and reinstalling

I actually had the same issue as drunklol. I didn't know how to fix it so I had to reinstall the entire game and delete all content. But I guess that tis pack is much like RCM, you need to reinstall to get it.

Also, suggestion, is it possible to make a mechanism, that allows you to name your lightsaber? For example IG my name is Aayla, and if that mechanism existed, it might be possible to name it for example "Aayla Vigils Hilt" or something.

I actually had the same issue as drunklol. I didn't know how to fix it so I had to reinstall the entire game and delete all content. But I guess that tis pack is much like RCM, you need to reinstall to get it.

Also, suggestion, is it possible to make a mechanism, that allows you to name your lightsaber? For example IG my name is Aayla, and if that mechanism existed, it might be possible to name it for example "Aayla Vigils Hilt" or something.

That is something I totally forgot about! I'm not sure how feasible it would be, but I'll look into it!

Also, I've got to work on the installation process. Clearly if/when the installer aborts, it's not obvious and leaves behind a lot of icky side effects. This is why I didn't make it an official download!

Thank you guys for the feedback. I know it's a pain, but it really helps. Now I just need to get around to fixing the code....

That is something I totally forgot about! I'm not sure how feasible it would be, but I'll look into it!

Also, I've got to work on the installation process. Clearly if/when the installer aborts, it's not obvious and leaves behind a lot of icky side effects. This is why I didn't make it an official download!

Thank you guys for the feedback. I know it's a pain, but it really helps. Now I just need to get around to fixing the code....

If you need any help with that at all VP, even for trouble-shooting/theorizing, you know my Skype.:)

Also, as to the Player's Name thing, just put "" minus the quotes anywhere where you want the full name, "" for the the first half of the name(the game populates the token by separating at the first space in the name), and "" for the second half of the name(same treatment as first half, but opposite).

I've successfully used each of these before, and the only parts to watch out for are that you encapsulate the text with and that you capitalize the first letter of each word, with no spacing in-between.

That'd be so fantastic! Looking so forward to this mods debut! Also, if you need any graphical help - Call me!
So far I've tested the Alpha quite alot, it's very good.

But here's something I've experienced, (It's an alpha, I know there's bugs and stuff, but incase you weren't aware, I'll just tell you. :) )

So... Apparently whenever I want to craft a Lightsaber, I can only get all the colors with the blue crystal, I have a hard time getting it with for example the Viridian or the Yellow one, Then it is only these crystals that can be made into the lightsaber.

Also, if I have a Viridian I can create every single hilt with this crystal, and it dosn't go away. I feel like a God! Or a True Jedi Master!

So...

The Silver Crystal is kinda buggy.. I tried it on Atris Prism, (Could be it's just on that one) and it had a black glow, I am not sure if this is all the hilts, or if it's just this crystal, I am using all Sith Holocrons texture fixes, so that might be it?

After all these issues, I would just like to say, probably on behalf of everyone.. - Thank you, SO much for what you're doing. It's so difficult for people to compliment your hard work than it is to give you critic. You truly are doing an amazing job and I would love to give a helping hand to ease your burdens.

VarsityPuppet4President

And if ever in doubt how to name an object like your PC just check the player's armband and personal crystal items ;)

Yep gotcha

That'd be so fantastic! Looking so forward to this mods debut! Also, if you need any graphical help - Call me!

So far I've tested the Alpha quite alot, it's very good.

But here's something I've experienced, (It's an alpha, I know there's bugs and stuff, but incase you weren't aware, I'll just tell you. :D )

So... Apparently whenever I want to craft a Lightsaber, I can only get all the colors with the blue crystal, I have a hard time getting it with for example the Viridian or the Yellow one, Then it is only these crystals that can be made into the lightsaber.

Also, if I have a Viridian I can create every single hilt with this crystal, and it dosn't go away. I feel like a God! Or a True Jedi Master!

So...

The Silver Crystal is kinda buggy.. I tried it on Atris Prism, (Could be it's just on that one) and it had a black glow, I am not sure if this is all the hilts, or if it's just this crystal, I am using all Sith Holocrons texture fixes, so that might be it?

After all these issues, I would just like to say, probably on behalf of everyone.. - Thank you, SO much for what you're doing. It's so difficult for people to compliment your hard work than it is to give you critic. You truly are doing an amazing job and I would love to give a helping hand to ease your burdens.

VarsityPuppet4President

Oh yeah, I think I fixed that in the most recent iteration, but I'll double check because I always seem to forget.

What about conversation errors for polish language versions of the game? I remember that errors that I'm talking about always appeared in my game after installing sabers mods. Errors occurred while in conversation with Kreia or with Bao Dur.

What about conversation errors for polish language versions of the game? I remember that errors that I'm talking about always appeared in my game after installing sabers mods. Errors occurred while in conversation with Kreia or with Bao Dur.

Not really VP's problem, to be honest. Most modders make them for English version of the game by default, since they don't have access to foreign dialog.tlk files.