Hassat Hunter

What do you hate about TSLRCM?

The only thing that's weird is that they all drink at the same time.

It's a Telos Cantina drinking game! No one ever wins . .. but the bartender.

• Like 1

They've always done that.

I suppose that's possible by changing the delays on the patrons a bit so they don't start at the same time.

void sub1() {
	object oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingAlien2", 0);
	AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(38, 1.0, (-1.0)));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingRodian", 0);
	DelayCommand(0.1, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingAlien", 0);
	DelayCommand(0.2, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(38, 1.0, (-1.0))));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingSwoopganger", 0);
	DelayCommand(0.3, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, (-1.0))));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommMale", 0);
	DelayCommand(0.4, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, 0.0)));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingBith", 0);
	DelayCommand(0.5, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(206, 1.0, 0.0)));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommFemale", 0);
	DelayCommand(0.6, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, 0.0)));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommMale", 1);
	DelayCommand(0.7, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, 0.0)));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingWalrusman", 0);
	AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(38, 1.0, 0.0));
	oSittingWalrusman = GetObjectByTag("SittingCommFemale", 1);
	DelayCommand(0.8, AssignCommand(oSittingWalrusman, ActionPlayAnimation(37, 1.0, 0.0)));
}
Current way...

I'm not too familiar with scripting and school does not get me enough time to learn about-it, but that's certainly a good idea for a mod.

Another thing i've noticed, though that one might be a bug? It seems that there is a way to skip the Masked attacker restored content: I am pretty sure that showing the blaster to Grenn is what triggers this. However, instead of going to Grenn right away, I went for the Duros smuggler first and told him I'd get involved. I then proceeded to report the moron to Grenn, hoping to speak to him about the blaster too, but when I got back, the option was gone. Can you fix this?

Kaevee's VO, for obvious reasons

Fassa restored to being a toydarian. Doesn't make sense to me, since he and Quello were supposed to be the same character, yet he's still around after the Red Eclipse supposedly kills Quello. The fact that they look exactly the same doesn't help.

Some scenes in Malachor which look weird to me, the party's confrontation with Kreia and Sion cutting down Atton if he loses the duel in particular

Working as Designed.

Why can't we show the gun to Grenn, but can still show-it to Luxa and B4-D4?

Because they don't really care about the questprogression ;).

Also "we cannot have 2 aliens because they look they same"... really? REALLY?

I love TSLRCM. My only real pet peeve is the dialogue between Canderous and Visas being moved to the Ravager (i prefer this version

except from the bit with Canderous unmasked).

the rest are just dream mods/restorations:

I'd love to have VO for a few missing Kreia's sentences when she confronts the party on Malachor.

I know a few audio files were found about the holocron quest. I'd like to hear them, I doubt there's enough for a restoration, but maybe they could be put back in someway? Dunno...

Bao Dur's death on Telos (I know, I know)

A more polished Malachor. Party dynamics are still somewhat confused. Something to justify Mandalore not coming in and the party attacking Kreia before you. Did they look for you? I like some of the things proposed in malachor vi, but not all of them.

I last played 1.7 though. Did I miss something big?

I too prefer the Canderous/Visas convo to take place on MV. I think in the end most, if not all, of what you are talking about will be dealt with in some form. Whether it is from MVI or another mod.

You can't really speak of 'moved to the Ravager' when that's the location of the dialogue .dlgs and .wavs in the first place...

:/

• Like 1

Yeah me too. Sorry about it. It's just that "We've never been to the surface" just seemed to me more natural to come out when on the surface of Malachor.

And the loading screen with them (and my general hope the ending wouldn't feel so empty) make me like it more. But it's subjective, my words were badly chosen.

Ehm, "We've never been to the surface" *IS* said on Malachor (although in an entirely different cutscene altogether).

2 questions

1. could you make it compatible with more mods

2. can I request mods I would like it to be compatible with? if so how?

1. If a mod is requested by many people and is not very complex to be made compatible, there has been effort to make them compatible. But you would have to be more precise about what mod you want to be compatible. Also, it is generally a better practice to ask the mod authors to make their mods compatible to TSL RCM...

2. You may, but as I said, you would have more chance if you asked the mod authors to made their mods compatible with the RCM.

I can't simply play the game anymore. After 10-15 minutes I find a great line, and then I use rest of the evening/night searching something I could splice it with. Or something similar. And how is that TSLRCM:s fault? Because without it, I wouldn't have even thinked about modding the game.

Okay, I'm too tired for my own good. I'll be going now.

But mod compatibility seems to be other people's biggest complaint.  USM comes to mind as one in particular that comes up all the time in those discussions.

Summary: The above is the only real problem I've ever had with TSLRCM. The Lightsaber Project has definitely helped heal the metaphorical wound but I also actually enjoyed the additional building/training scripts USM added and the whole "everyone important to the plot has a unique weapon with a unique backstory" thing. It made me feel more in-depth with the KOTOR world and I connected more with the characters.

My issue has been less about TSLRCM and more about TSL in general. I come back to play it every once a year or so, maybe more, and it always kind of nags at me that the exile isn't voiced. I feel like such a level of depth would be added to be able to hear intense dialogues going back and forth, the first Atris encounter for instance. 

Really? I kinda hate voiced protaganists... especially horrible ones (like in Dragon Age 2). I prefer silent so I can make my own interpretation rather than get some weird line I never asked for (especially Mass Effect wheel games are notorious for that though).

Being asked "What do you hate about TSLRCM" on the TSLRCM forum feels kinda like being asked "What are your weaknesses" on a job interview - one feels wary of answering too honestly or in too much detail ;) But I'll do so anyway.

1. The changed outcome of Mira's and PC's imprisonment by Visquis.

In vanilla Kotor 2 the PC is freed from Visquis' trapped tunnels by Mira. In TSLRCM this is removed, and Visquis makes the decision to open the tunnels himself. This is stupid. It used to be the player's own efforts freed the PC, which felt good. But in TSLRCM the only reason you don't just die there is that the antagonist is an idiot, which feels unsatisfying, especially since it's not just a "restoration" but a CHANGE to existing story elements.

(Disclaimer: this is based on my memories of, I think, TSLRCM 1.6. I'm only starting a playthrough of 1.8.3 but after skimming changelogs I assume this comment still applies.)

2. Saedhe's head on Dantooine.

Of all the decisions to change something in TSLRCM that baffle me, this one does so the most, because it's a simple change and yet obviously wrong, and in no way necessary. As someone earlier said, "He has the voice of an old black man and had a head that matched.  Now he has the head of a middle-aged white man."

3. The dialogue added to T3 in the Prologue.

The whole genius of the character of T3 in vanilla Kotor 2 is that he never says a word you can understand, and yet he's got more personality than most npcs in Kotor 1. You infer it all from the tone, context, the reactions of others. I believe this effect doesn't work as well as it used to, if the player is initially spoiled by getting real dialogue from him, and then that is inexplicably taken away for the rest of the game.

Besides, the dialogue is incomplete and makes no sense. The other droid's advise is always "fix the problem outside the ship" or "the hyperdrive needs work" - and this depends only on how much he likes you! This makes no sense if you've already been outside the ship and collected parts/mines, and especially if you've already fixed the hyperdrive and just need to travel to Peragus.

Of course this could be improved by making the dialogue depend on the tasks you've completed, instead, and making the option to ask his advice disappear completely if the hyperdrive is fixed. Or add a "use the galaxy map" advice line. Still, the line about "fixing the problem outside the ship" makes no sense, period, because you don't fix anything outside the ship, you just collect parts.

Besides, if this is a tutorial level, preparing you for the rest of the game, then the player should be learning to use the journal to keep track of what needs doing, not rely on an NPC mechanic that won't be there for the rest of the game. This isn't PS:T and we won't have Morte telling us what to do the whole game.

Lastly, it feels vaguely wrong to get personality choices for T3 (be nice to the other droid or call him an idiot). T3 is not the PC; his character is set (we know from elsewhere he doesn't approve of being unpleasant to other droids), and there's no need to give him choices like you were going to develop his personality or alignment.

So yeah, this is a minor issue, but the addition just doesn't feel like it fits the game.

For #2, I do not feel the same and like that new head. But, there is a tweak pack out there that will allow you to go back to the old game and a few other things.

Being asked "What do you hate about TSLRCM" on the TSLRCM forum feels kinda like being asked "What are your weaknesses" on a job interview - one feels wary of answering too honestly or in too much detail ;) But I'll do so anyway.

1. The changed outcome of Mira's and PC's imprisonment by Visquis.

In vanilla Kotor 2 the PC is freed from Visquis' trapped tunnels by Mira. In TSLRCM this is removed, and Visquis makes the decision to open the tunnels himself. This is stupid. It used to be the player's own efforts freed the PC, which felt good. But in TSLRCM the only reason you don't just die there is that the antagonist is an idiot, which feels unsatisfying, especially since it's not just a "restoration" but a CHANGE to existing story elements.

(Disclaimer: this is based on my memories of, I think, TSLRCM 1.6. I'm only starting a playthrough of 1.8.3 but after skimming changelogs I assume this comment still applies.)

2. Saedhe's head on Dantooine.

Of all the decisions to change something in TSLRCM that baffle me, this one does so the most, because it's a simple change and yet obviously wrong, and in no way necessary. As someone earlier said, "He has the voice of an old black man and had a head that matched.  Now he has the head of a middle-aged white man."

3. The dialogue added to T3 in the Prologue.

The whole genius of the character of T3 in vanilla Kotor 2 is that he never says a word you can understand, and yet he's got more personality than most npcs in Kotor 1. You infer it all from the tone, context, the reactions of others. I believe this effect doesn't work as well as it used to, if the player is initially spoiled by getting real dialogue from him, and then that is inexplicably taken away for the rest of the game.

Besides, the dialogue is incomplete and makes no sense. The other droid's advise is always "fix the problem outside the ship" or "the hyperdrive needs work" - and this depends only on how much he likes you! This makes no sense if you've already been outside the ship and collected parts/mines, and especially if you've already fixed the hyperdrive and just need to travel to Peragus.

Of course this could be improved by making the dialogue depend on the tasks you've completed, instead, and making the option to ask his advice disappear completely if the hyperdrive is fixed. Or add a "use the galaxy map" advice line. Still, the line about "fixing the problem outside the ship" makes no sense, period, because you don't fix anything outside the ship, you just collect parts.

Besides, if this is a tutorial level, preparing you for the rest of the game, then the player should be learning to use the journal to keep track of what needs doing, not rely on an NPC mechanic that won't be there for the rest of the game. This isn't PS:T and we won't have Morte telling us what to do the whole game.

Lastly, it feels vaguely wrong to get personality choices for T3 (be nice to the other droid or call him an idiot). T3 is not the PC; his character is set (we know from elsewhere he doesn't approve of being unpleasant to other droids), and there's no need to give him choices like you were going to develop his personality or alignment.

So yeah, this is a minor issue, but the addition just doesn't feel like it fits the game.

Ah, I remember these same complaints from you back in the day, Markus...

It's good to have you back! Seriously!

I believe I was an advocate of the Saedhe change and the T3 dialog, so you can blame me for that. I honestly haven't played the prologue in awhile, so I don't even know if it's jarring or not.

I'm more inclined to think the original Saedhe head was better though. I just wonder where that white man head should go instead (if it should go anywhere at all)

I just wonder where that white man head should go instead

...huh, why? Is there some unspoken assumption that every resource you find in the files should be used? IMO precisely the opposite is true: the default assumption should be that stuff got cut to make the game better, and the burden is to find good reasons to think otherwise. And no, "the resource is there, calling to me" isn't a reason ;)

• Like 1

I'm more inclined to think the original Saedhe head was better though. I just wonder where that white man head should go instead (if it should go anywhere at all)

If Hussef didn't have already have a unique restored head, I probably would have suggested it for him. That already happening however, I think it might make a possible good choice for Dessicus, the main bad guy that was supposed to be in the GenoHaradan cut subplot.

Leaving the GenoHaradan aside, I'd like to have the head you two are mentioning available as a selectable choice for the PC - which I see as a totally separate mod from TSLRCM. (Redrob41 and Logan23, take note of that Saedhe head for inclusion in ROR as well!)