Hassat Hunter

What do you hate about TSLRCM?

1) Nope, pcdead.dlg is for the post-Dantooine death sequence (it's used by the Extended Enclave mod). It's not used. Pcdead2.dlg is all about leading up to Malachor, which is *exactly* the place it's used.

2) So yeah, your rant about using it elsewhere or I just willy-nilly do stuff is false since it's at exactly the point it should be.

3) Please play 1.8.4, thank you ;)

4) There's some pretty important plot points in there, especially the leadup to the HK-Factory. The only... ONLY... part people are opposed to is the "That's why Revan ordered". And that's because people can't even fathom Kreia lying (yeah, it hasn't happened before has it?) or Kreia knowing Revan and his/her actions more than the galaxy (such as Carth).

So no, I still haven't heard about a piece that doesn't fit in the picture yet. Except for 3) but that's already been fixed some time ago, so...

1) Nope, pcdead.dlg is for the post-Dantooine death sequence (it's used by the Extended Enclave mod). It's not used. Pcdead2.dlg is all about leading up to Malachor, which is *exactly* the place it's used.

Well to shed more light to this... Both Pcdead1/2 were initially post Nar Shaddaa. Then Pcdead2.dlg was rewritten for post-Dantooine and Pcdead1.dlg was left out.  :D

4) The only... ONLY... part people are opposed to is the "That's why Revan ordered". And that's because people can't even fathom Kreia lying (yeah, it hasn't happened before has it?) or Kreia knowing Revan and his/her actions more than the galaxy (such as Carth).

Mostly because it contradicts K1. Yet it can be easily explained that Malak acted with Revan's approval.

1) Nope, pcdead.dlg is for the post-Dantooine death sequence

Wrong. Like the poster above said, it was for NS. The reference to refugees alone makes it clear enough.

Pcdead2.dlg is all about leading up to Malachor, which is *exactly* the place it's used.

{[Gameplay Programmer: On board the ship. This scene has all the party members' thoughts, and the player

is listening to them, as he lies unconscious.]}

Is the Exile unconscious? Nope. Is there a reason everyone is grieving and Atton is wishing he'd died before? It comes out of nowhere.

Clearly this was meant to have something leading up to it. There's a reason a copy of this file was put in 650DAN, and not in 205TEL or 851NIH. There's a reason the filename is pcdead2.dlg. And there's a reason it contains lines that suggest, for example, that Nihilus is still alive. This is a piece of a different puzzle than you stuck it into, and just saying "it goes before Malachor like it was meant to" is missing the point.

(Perhaps originally the Exile was supposed to indeed be seemingly dead/unconscious after Dantooine, and the crew would travel to Malachor on their own initiative. That's why they get separated from you, and get captured before you arrive and rescue them. Then they changed the post-Dantooine sequence of events and then didn't have time to finish straightening everything out. But this is by the way.)

The only... ONLY... part people are opposed to is the "That's why Revan ordered".

Err, nope. That's an obvious retcon, sure, but far, far from the only problem. I already explained in detail what's wrong with it, and you didn't understand it back then, but just for a quick recap:

- Kreia couldn't be "the one" to ask that the Exile be exiled. She was presumed dead in the Mandalorian Wars at the time. Nobody had a clue she was back until the Dantooine confrontation.

- Atris saying that she did as Kreia asked makes no sense since Atris was against the Exile leaving.

- This is narratively superfluous: The Council's motivations are explained well enough without this addition. And Atris had very clear motives of her own to be angry with the Exile (one of the best parts of the game, IMO).

- It's actually harmful to the themes of the game. Kreia's ideological opposition to the Jedi Council was partly about such actions as exiling the Exile instead of dealing with what he brought. Making it so it was Kreia's decision all along robs it of meaning, weakens this ideological conflict, weakens the responsibility of the Council and the strength of the condemnation she levels on them, and basically makes it all an inbred plot.

So I rather suspect that this was cut to tighten up the writing, because it was a twist for the sake of itself, which the story was better without. Again, if there's a reason at all to think this was cut for time, you've yet to provide even a hint of it.

Gonna leave it at that, since obviously this conversation is going to be as pointless as the last one.

Is the Exile unconscious? Nope. Is there a reason everyone is grieving and Atton is wishing he'd died before? It comes out of nowhere.

It is indeed from a version where Dantooine would lead straightup to Malachor, without Telos inbetween. All the lines had a few variations, and indeed the ones went with are just pre-Malachor.

- Kreia couldn't be "the one" to ask that the Exile be exiled. She was presumed dead in the Mandalorian Wars at the time. Nobody had a clue she was back until the Dantooine confrontation.

We already know that the Holocrons Atris studied are from Darth Traya. And heck, SHE'S IN THE GALAXY THE ENTIRE GAME... and nobody f#cking knew till she chose to on Dantooine.

- Atris saying that she did as Kreia asked makes no sense since Atris was against the Exile leaving.

WTFBarbeque? Atris wanted the Exile punished. Thought everyone Kreia trained was flawed. And in super-irony, also learned from here, even unknowing and fell down that Dark path. Such irony.

- This is narratively superfluous: The Council's motivations are explained well enough without this addition. And Atris had very clear motives of her own to be angry with the Exile (one of the best parts of the game, IMO).

Atris isn't exactly "on league" with the Council. You know, trying to kill them all, use them as bait, just as the Exile. Sounds very Jedii not?

- It's actually harmful to the themes of the game. Kreia's ideological opposition to the Jedi Council was partly about such actions as exiling the Exile instead of dealing with what he brought. Making it so it was Kreia's decision all along robs it of meaning, weakens this ideological conflict, weakens the responsibility of the Council and the strength of the condemnation she levels on them, and basically makes it all an inbred plot.

No, she wanted them to learn from the Exile, which they decided not to. Not only one master picking it will make it so. What better way to test someone than to implant a notion, and then see if the other rolls with it, or should do what they should do instead.

So no, it fits all fine, I don't see why you have to go all out thinking otherwise - and everyone else is wrong since you're the absolute authority on KOTOR2.

Ugh, yes, you reminded me why I stopped working on TSLRCM, bullshit like this. And now I wish I kept it that way, just more BS upon BS. All this frustration isn't worth it.

It is indeed from a version where Dantooine would lead straightup to Malachor, without Telos inbetween. All the lines had a few variations, and indeed the ones went with are just pre-Malachor.

We already know that the Holocrons Atris studied are from Darth Traya. And heck, SHE'S IN THE GALAXY THE ENTIRE GAME... and nobody f#cking knew till she chose to on Dantooine.

WTFBarbeque? Atris wanted the Exile punished. Thought everyone Kreia trained was flawed. And in super-irony, also learned from here, even unknowing and fell down that Dark path. Such irony.

Atris isn't exactly "on league" with the Council. You know, trying to kill them all, use them as bait, just as the Exile. Sounds very Jedii not?

No, she wanted them to learn from the Exile, which they decided not to. Not only one master picking it will make it so. What better way to test someone than to implant a notion, and then see if the other rolls with it, or should do what they should do instead.

So no, it fits all fine, I don't see why you have to go all out thinking otherwise - and everyone else is wrong since you're the absolute authority on KOTOR2.

Ugh, yes, you reminded me why I stopped working on TSLRCM, bullshit like this. And now I wish I kept it that way, just more BS upon BS. All this frustration isn't worth it.

you could just ignore it HH... you guys obviously know what you are doing with TSLRCM and have done a fine job