Logan23

RoR Update 4/13/2013

Hey everyone!

I wanted to inform you guys on what has been going on with RoR, lately.

About a week ago, I came across two programs which I believe will change RoR for the better. I will be discussing one of the two programs since the second is still being tested for its benefits. 

Articy : Draft (made by Nevigo )

This program is a professional tool for story and game design, aimed towards non-linear storytelling.

For the past week and for the rest of April, I will be placing all the documents and assets and more into this program. I have already developed a system for Quest Building /Dlg which will work perfect with RoR.

In the past, the number-one issue has been pipeline issues. Others like Trex, Doc, and others who have built large story mods can tell you there is a lot of keeping tabs on everything, which can be overwhelming lol but you make due 

I demo the new design/layout to JediExile last night ,thanks google+ for screen share =).

I wanted to share some images of the development phase (the non glamorous part). 

Here are a few images to help give you guys some idea of what I'm talking about..

You see all the Exile Heads...yup...I still plan to allow you to choose your Exile's appearance..

Some of the Major NPCs.....

The program has the ability to write in script format and I can also import these type of files which will mean an easier and quicker to getting writers content in. 

I can build layouts for locations and design them before I even put a NPC in the actual module, plus I can share the computer screen or print these out for team members.

Character Templates to help to allow all team members to have the same reference when writing a scene. You can also create your own templates as well.

I know you guys haven't seen any huge updates, but I wanted to show that the Mod is going well and will become easier to manage and easier for fellow members to have the access to what they need for building content.

This is a great program (you can find it on Steam), but it isn't free, so I would say if your interested in getting into large mod/game projects, and indie games, you might want to take a look at it since it is a very powerful tool once you learn to use it.

That is all for now but, I hope to have another update by the end of the April with something more pleasing to see then Flow charts =)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

PS. If anyone has any questions about this program, feel free to send me a visitor message, not a private one since my mail box is kind of full.
  • Like 2

I see you took the name vargas from the original kotor III plan.

Good work and I think vargas was supposed to be doc (JK storyline is supposedly kotor III).

Just looked up this application. $100! O.O

There was a sale on Steam for 75 dollars when i bought it.

The program is great but I would say only people who have cash to burn or a person who plans to get into the game industry/indie games should look at buying it.

Myself- I plan to be using this for other projects, game industry/ modding and indie games

Even if it was 100 dollars i would have bought it only because I have uses for it beyond the Mod.

its an investment im willing to make, seems amazing as a tool. i  wonder if you can export the data base some how. so checking this out. =)  thanks logan!

Just looked up this application. $100! O.O

If you think what he paid is an expense, you should see what I paid for my microphone and its accessories. LOL

Very excited to see originally intended "Vargas" for KotOR III here. Who knows, maybe "Naresha" will appear as well ;-)