NoblessArget

How do you save Lonna Vash?

This is just mind boggling. Somewhere on this forum I read that you can save Lonna Vash. Third play-through of the droid-planet she still dies. Do Archon communications have to be established prior to meeting the First Archon? That does not make a lot of sense. Also, I did the droid quests - that asks you to find Kaah, since he is the one behind the sabotage, and his help would aid to finding the true colonists - Met Kaah, could not ask him about that, Vash dies again. Weird...

I will have another go, but I need a hand. It's too circumstantial. I mean unlike the rest of the game, it's ambiguous. It's similar to, hey if you do every logical thing, it would not work, but slapping that droid and making a funny face at a deranged Twi'lek gets the work done.

Errr... sorry, sidetracked.

My question is, how do you save Lona Vash from being shocked to death? Some people would really like to know. I asked Sith Holocron and he said I should ask you Hassat for your dedicated involvement.

But then again, thumbs up for your dedication and work to this great game.

I suggested asking HH in a PM. :: eye roll ::

HH: do you now see why I moved the other thread to the M4-78? This OP was in it and I had to split it.

Anyway, I'll take time out of my vacation since no one else could be bothered to help.

It was OK since M4-78 is a part of tsl in my opinion. It could stay there. And I did ask him in a PM, he must be busy so he never answer - or looked at the message. But thanks for taking your time on moving this thread...

Now that's sick.... Really. I mean, that limits you to a dark and narrow path. If we deal in extremes and absolutes - why not have a choice, between saving all 3 jedi and killing them. It makes no sense that the dark side jedi would kill three people, but leave her alive.

Actually, I raise the issue, that it makes no real sense. It's arbitrary and random. I mean you could leave it as a dark side option. But it needs a light side option as well. And it does not say anywhere, leave korriban last. Again that makes no real sense.

And the last thing, is the number of options I get to attack Kaah is rather insane... Sheesh, it's like he's the last edible thing on the planet and i'm stuck with him for eternity. Attack him before he leaves, attack him where he stands, attack him when finishes with m4 console, before, after, in-between?! Who has it out so much for this guy? Just don't add him in the game.

Though again I greatly appreciate just being able to play the game as such. I'll have a go at it... but with the on-going development, I wonder if there is any consideration on other posibilities

In my view, in the complete game, I imagined that the 4 jedi masters will be there. Not only 3. Unless you choose a more neutral path and slay one you don't like and leave 3 alive or something.

I can't say I know what the EP might've changed from the previous, but I don't believe that Vash had any dialouge for the Rebuilt Enclave, and Kreia might not have any lines referring to her in that instance either.

• Like 1

I see... Then indeed that would truly have been an issue. So Vash was a darkside choice from the get to go - but again, we return to the fact, that the fate of someone is decided by the random fact - such as the death of 3 previous people. Korriban is unlocked so not taking actions in a certain sequence automatically screws it up. Which is weird. I believe it needs better consideration.

At least some things do. Kaah should be able to talk to the droid and find the information about the colonists - and then remain on the planet. Again he seems from the get to go, the target of a horrible execution. That's pretty moot.

Saving Vash should not depend on the masters - it should be either a time based event or an action related one with the 2 planets in focus, Korriban and M4-78. True Kreia has no specific dialog for Vash, but I doubt she needs it. If all masters are alive, she could just go there and be executed saying some of her lines as well. If any master is killed, she will attack you on the droid planet. And the dark option stays. Makes more sense. An idea, she will stay as the main controller of m4-78 on the planet until all masters are assembled, and you need to talk to her, to get her to go to Dantooine. - Kaah could be on the planet, or leave with that weird droid looking for colonists. Vash can be the only one with the access codes to the front door of the conclabe - and that would make more sense... though a bit string together. Requires a lot more brain storming. In a good ending, people should survive, only to die at the end, by Kreia betrayal. That gave depth to the first gameplay I had of Kotor II. I loved Kreia. I found her unrestricted by the codes of Jedi, but I always imagined her to be deep good down. It was shocking to see her kill them all - breaking all your work to pieces. For a dark sider, yes, Vash that tried to defend you in the trial, would make more sense to be sacrificed.

In an older version of this, Sion comes and kills her. That idea, was far fetched as well. This one is sound, and way better, only issue is the arbitrary play method forcing players to do Korriban last.

Feel free to develop your thoughts on this. Seeing how far this mod went, it would be a real shame if the ending goes like this... Also I gotta start a petition: Be nice to Kaah.

I see... Then indeed that would truly have been an issue. So Vash was a darkside choice from the get to go - but again, we return to the fact, that the fate of someone is decided by the random fact - such as the death of 3 previous people. Korriban is unlocked so not taking actions in a certain sequence automatically screws it up. Which is weird. I believe it needs better consideration.

I don't think that is the case. The way the story goes for the previous M4-78 mod, I believe she basically acted just like the rest of the Jedi Masters, in that once you met her on the droid planet, she had the same options. Speak with her, and learn a new saber style/force form(the LS option), along with just killing her outright(the DS option). This aside, she just lacks material to have the LS choice make sense later in the game, as it is odd to have her say nothing, especially when she is the first one in the trial scene to speak about the Exile of the main character.

I don't know for sure, but if the planet's deveopment was scapped early enough, they obviously changed it so that she appears on Korriban, and dies there without the player having any choice in the matter - even before the player reaches the planet, or just afterward). They even did a cutscene that was meant to play in response to this change(which showed Sion fighting and possibly killing Vash in the academy's main room), though it was either never scripted to play upon arriving on Korriban, or the scene never played because the script was wrong(though I'm not sure of either of the possiblities at the moment).

Heya, yeah, didn't get around to PM's yet.

Vash surviving being "random fact" has more to do to being actually a 'hidden' ending or easter-egg of some kind, she is SUPPOSED to be murdered off, not survive. It's not like aiming for the HK-51 army in the factory, that it really is something that's intended to be done.

@ Rtas; There was? Interesting... I should look at that then... Though I don't recall seeing any of that kind.

I get that... But from what I saw, her dialog has an impact on that ending as well. As far as an easter egg goes, this one is pretty huge.

And I always believed Obsidian wanted to keep her alive, not kill her off, but they did it due to lack of time. They would have removed G0-T0 as well - and maybe Nar Shadda.

This hidden ending, should come at a different angle. Less up to chance I mean. Vash could hold the console of M4-78, M4-78 does not let the exile leave the planet and prepares hundred of droids to attack her if she/he tries. So Vash promises to stay behind. If LS and Kaah is alive Vash protects him and tries to find him a way past the droid systems, into the central core (place a number of 20 droids for appearance). If you go and kill all the masters, when you return you get the Vash ending, cause you left her alive, but killed the rest. No choices to go back on the decision to leave her man the console. Killing Vash, let's Kaah come and sabotage the computer but makes the droid army execute him, again back to logical ending.

LS - you save some masters, they try to make a message reach vash about you, with a decision to meet and to take your powers away, but you are the new colony leader and both her and Kaah are found dead when you return to pick her up, since they attempted to "end you". You find that m4-78 with it's computing power can generate you the code to open the enclave door.

Option2 LS: Or another possible thing is that Kaah reaches m4-78 does his little thing to let Vash and him get away, but despite thinking he could really manage it, Kaah fails since the droids are have locked protocols and get him and Vash killed.

It's just an idea... but it would be more sensible to make sense in the overall conceptualization. I really don't believe that it's just a hidden should be left out in such a way. I mean the chance for players to not visit M4-78, not to finish it, but just land on it, talk a bit and say, I need moar droads and fly away.

The factory was awesome, no doubt about it. But this Mod has so much work in it, it's a big pity to leave something out like this.

@ Rtas; There was? Interesting... I should look at that then... Though I don't recall seeing any of that kind.

I can't seem to find the mod that added it to the game, but I did find a video of the scene:

I created the Sion vs Vash cut-scene and it has nothing to do with cut content or Obsidian's intention as far as we know. Just a random idea I had one day.

• Like 1

That explains not seeing a trace of it...

But from what I saw, her dialog has an impact on that ending as well. As far as an easter egg goes, this one is pretty huge.

All the dialogue she has is given right there during the M4-78 finale. Including the part you mention that talks about the end.

And I always believed Obsidian wanted to keep her alive, not kill her off, but they did it due to lack of time. They would have removed G0-T0 as well - and maybe Nar Shadda.

Probably. But she was cut before the council scene was made, so no lines for her there.

I wouldn't be so sure about G0-T0. And NS is definitely a part of the plan. Albeit originally with the GenoHaradan. All of that seems changed pretty early in development though (probably around the time it was decided to cut M4-78).

Pretty cool idea and good job, Zbyl - Seemed really reasonable she crosses swords with him on Korriban.

Back to the idea at hand, no one actually knows Obsidian's intentions. We don't have their work logs - I just went on a random guess of what seemed logical to the sequence - all I read was an interview by one or two blizz employees regarding what happened and it's been long.

Like you said Hassat, i imagine Kreia had no lines for Vash in the jedi temple, since that last bit of the game was very rushed. They had just finished Onderon when all of a sudden they got completely rushed into releasing the game... They must have already decided to cut vash out.

At least I would like to see Vash have a more honorable death for a rather than the other Jedi in their passivity, doing something heroic, like saving your life - proving the j. codes creed of self-sacrifice.

Either way, the mod is beyond great for what it adds and stands for. Kudos.

Well Lonna is alive but M4-78 is not available. The door is locked. And Lonna didn't appear in Dantooine.

Hey, I have a problem: I'm on M4-78, I find Vash, I talk with her and after I let her go, the door that leads to the M4-78 Archon won't open. What do I have to do? ( the only mods I have installed are TSLRCM, M4-78EP, a DS Transition Mod and a Portrait mod that changes the Party members Portraits, both made by JediShemL ).

So what exactly happens after talking her. Do you get the cutscenes? The map transitions? Where does it get 'stuck'?

So what exactly happens after talking her. Do you get the cutscenes? The map transitions? Where does it get 'stuck'?

After I talk with her, she is leaving. But after a seccond, she says again about going to Dantooine ( can't kill her then ). Then she completely disappears and the Archon door doesn't open. THEN I'm "stuck"!

That explains not seeing a trace of it...All the dialogue she has is given right there during the M4-78 finale. Including the part you mention that talks about the end.Probably. But she was cut before the council scene was made, so no lines for her there.

I wouldn't be so sure about G0-T0. And NS is definitely a part of the plan. Albeit originally with the GenoHaradan. All of that seems changed pretty early in development though (probably around the time it was decided to cut M4-78).

Heya, yeah, didn't get around to PM's yet.

Vash surviving being "random fact" has more to do to being actually a 'hidden' ending or easter-egg of some kind, she is SUPPOSED to be murdered off, not survive. It's not like aiming for the HK-51 army in the factory, that it really is something that's intended to be done.

@ Rtas; There was? Interesting... I should look at that then... Though I don't recall seeing any of that

But this is a video of her at dantooine

That video was taken from the original M4-78 mod, and NOT the M4-78 EP version. The original version is NOT compatible with TSLRCM.