VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1

Update:

- I fixed some of the geometry on the hilts so they look a bit cleaner
- Also threw in Malak's lightsaber hilt for good measure

Well, on March 16, 2011 a veteran modder known as Varsity Puppet released a mod called VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans. Now this mod took the bad lightsaber models that were for the sabers in the vanilla game and made them high quality and good looking. The only problem with this mod though, was that there was no KotOR I version. And so, approximately two years later (I really did not plan this), with VP's permission, I went ahead and made a KotOR I version. Hope you guys enjoy.

This mod seems to introduce a glitch. Whenever you load into an area while holding a normal Lightsaber with Mantle of the Force, it is stuck in the out position until you flourish or go into combat.

This mod seems to introduce a glitch. Whenever you load into an area while holding a normal Lightsaber with Mantle of the Force, it is stuck in the out position until you flourish or go into combat.

If I read this correctly... Mantle of the Force saber not being in the out-position while not in use is what most of the people see as a glitch.

//Edit. So I clearly read it incorrectly. Carry on.

It's not this mod's fault. The Mantle of the Force saber has always been a buggy in that regard. There should be a fix for that somewhere.

It's not this mod's fault. The Mantle of the Force saber has always been a buggy in that regard. There should be a fix for that somewhere.

Yes, but it was fixed in one of the game's patches. When I removed the model for the MOTF lightsaber from my override folder it stopped staying out on load-in.

It's possible this mod was created with the old, un-patched files.

I might be able to fix it and upload a new version. Not positive though.

Would appreciate it.

Also- what's the name of the files for Malak's lightsaber? 

If you fix it, perhaps we should reassign the ownership of the mod back over to you - seeing as you provided the original materials and you will be performing the most recent fixes.

It's funny because I was playing with Jorn's hilts and I was encountering the Cyan problem but since I installed this instead the problem has corrected itself.

Blatantly, I think the poster in this thread was incorrect.

I use the Steam version of K1.