gua543

Any Mass Effect fans here?

Is your Shepard female or male?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is your Shepard female or male?

• Female
    • Male

Are the games in the trilogy pack up to date already? And what about the DRM in ME1? I heard it had some pretty bad DRM when it first released but then was patched out and it can now be played offline. Does ME1 still have the online activation? I already know ME2 only has simple disc check and ME3 has EA Origin.

Actually, Mass Effect 1 was the one that bothered me less with the online activation. Had a CD copy at the time though. If by up to date, you mean patched, then yes, I am pretty sure Trilogy is just about fully patched. It does not have every DLC though, which is a damn shame...

Thanks. Yeha, I saw the dlc that was available, the PC version only has like 3 dlc or something, I was like "that can't be right" lol.

Is there something like that for Mass Effect 2? Something that doesn't use texmod?

Yeah, well, now there's Mass Effect explorer, which should simplyfy the task. I must say I like this ME1 mod, but I feel like the scorpion armor has not been updated (since it is one you wear a lot when not soldier, it is too bad). Also, since installing this mod, I've experienced at least 3 CTD for around 1h30 of playthrough. It is gonna be a long one. Stability has decreased a lot, onfortunately. I also sometimes get these dialogue bugs, in which the image freezes for a time before resuming. All of these issues weren't there prior to updating.

Hey milestails, did you apply the Large Adress Awareness Patch, in order to get the texture mod working?

Edited by MrPhil

Statement: I Played all three mass effect games (with a single character, mass effect 2 multiple times)

I destroyed multiple times meatbags, using a soldier was a work of art, no hostile was left standing, altough i tried being stealthy, but my programming made me destroy all enemies.

I think that reapers used meatbag minds to make a ending that sucks.

Statement: I Played all three mass effect games (with a single character, mass effect 2 multiple times)

I destroyed multiple times meatbags, using a soldier was a work of art, no hostile was left standing, altough i tried being stealthy, but my programming made me destroy all enemies.

I think that reapers used meatbag minds to make a ending that sucks.

*Kof* MEHEM *Kof*

Is there something like that for Mass Effect 2? Something that doesn't use texmod?

Several months ago i've made ME2 HR Textures compilation. You can easily install them with ME3explorer. 

http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/me2-hr-textures-mod-fixed-tpf-t772.html

And finally someone restored that scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzEPBPt7zEs

P.S. Gives me hope for ME restoration mods)

I don't really think it matters tbh. Bioware made everything canon that you do, in a really awesome way: Remember that weird ending of Mass Effect 3? With the stargazer and the little child? Well there it is: everything Shepard does, every decision you make is nothing more of a small detail of an old story? Why can't it be the same with "The Shepard's" Story? It's the same with today's fairy tales, especially the famous ones, that were collected by the Grimm Brothers, there are thousands of versions of it. Same goes for the Mass Effect Story IMO.

Just logged into Origin, Mass Effect 2 is Free On the House right now.

• Like 1

I have EA access and I can download Mass Effect 1 for free on the xbox one, should I? I might depending on what type of game it is.

Fantastic game the first two with their DLC are some of the best games I've ever played. 

Just a heads-up, the DLC is full price.. I believe 30$ for ME2 and 50$ for ME3. Mass Effect 1 I'm not sure.

Fantastic game the first two with their DLC are some of the best games I've ever played.

Alright I'll check it out.

Just a heads-up, the DLC is full price.. I believe 30$ for ME2 and 50$ for ME3. Mass Effect 1 I'm not sure.

Thanks for the head's up, I might buy the DLC if I like it.

I used to play Mass Effect all the time before it got supplanted by Dark Souls.

Of course the DLC is full price. I don't use Origin though, I use steam. And I already bought everything. Shame on me.

If anyone interested in online Purgatory club with your (new?) friends, come to our discord channel :)

https://discord.gg/afsCpYX

sorry for a lot of pictures, but i don't understand how to put them under spoiler

154584807013635139.png.f8f4a0647052e6275798685e3d8967e9.png1545848052166274853.png.3a5f77b927968cd21a712ee59e36e430.pngHighresScreenshot00146.thumb.png.9d24049fbe421ad0127293c73dc255ce.pngHighresScreenshot00153.thumb.png.caeda0caaf37d3df92e15accf4071408.pngHighresScreenshot00113.thumb.png.ae2244def4dd508d8c1c5630b5f25589.pngHighresScreenshot00106.thumb.png.83ad12915ac055068c6726e4daf1c120.pngHighresScreenshot00173.thumb.png.91241468d7bf6722963f0bd79e02a665.png

lil showcase of the club (outdated)

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

^^^ I saw this on nuBSN.

It looks pretty well done; I assume it is using UE4 and assets from all of the games.

You have been pretty bold, sharing this thing publicly. I have to admit curiosity, but I cannot help but feel this will get C&D'd.

This project was started to get some expirience in creating online game in ue4, and it was online Purgatory to dance around and chat ) for now it's something bigger, but still it's not even close to solid project. some garrys mod servers have more action than us. so we hope we're not targeted. and btw it's kinda not public. you can't just download and play, you should contact us anyway to get into one of the test sessions.

and when we get closed, we'll think of something, or just jump to main project. so for now it's a way to roam around, and dance in familiar places with fans :) and also there's snow planet with vehicles :}