Sign in to follow this  
Kimbaras

Stuck on korriban

So here's my problem: i played throght alla the game and left korriban as last planet. Went there, played the accademy as usual, got the pad of Vash, used the panel, and when i try to use the line "Digit [Lonna Vash]", it exit from the panel interface and i get the message "CONVERSATION ERROR: Last Conversation Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINUE NODE. Please contact a Designer!" so i can't see the holo, or fight Sion or whatever.

Any help? Some bug that someone already encountered? Using the KSE editor to put the quest a step forward wordks? didn't yet tried this way, don't want to screw up thing and play again alla the game xD

P.S.: additional info, playing with the italian version of the game, with some other mods like Coruscant Jedi Temple and Tomb of Azgath N'Dul, both compatible with TSLRCM, both converted with the dlg converter to at least see the dialog lines, and both worked (already completed them) and of course even M4-78 has been "converted" always with the dlg converter.

TSLRCM/M4-78's 702KOR wasn't repacked as a .mod file and instead it uses rim/erf files, like game's default modules - therefore DLG Converter ignores them (sorry for that, by the way, if I'd given more thought to compatibility with other languages before release, it would go smoother). I was going to write a tutorial on how to get it running for non-english users but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, it's a little advanced trick, but you can try getting ERF Editor, open 702KOR_dlg.erf with it, unpack all the files, run them through DLG Converter, add them back to 702KOR_dlg.erf and save it. That should fix your issue.

Hope it helps!

It does fix issues (not using .mods).

Wish we did it for 232TEL too.

So much work fixing that damn Tank Droid... and then we made it a .MOD and ruined it all :/

sorry to bother again, but got another problem... when i select M4-78 on the map and travel there, all ok until i exit from the ebon hawk, the video/cutscene (not sure how to call it) where the ebon arrives at the planet plays fine, but when i exit the ebon i get to the menu, but without the possibility to select anything...the music of the menu is playing, Nihilus is moving but can't do anything if not close KOTOR from windows...any suggestion?

P.S.: discovered that if you have the Curuscant Jedi Temple mod, you can't see M4-78 on the galaxy map, resolved this by uninstalling Jedi temple and worked fine (solution found here on the forum) so this could be a little advice for a future patch (just a minor thing)

I don't think M4-78EP is really made to work with the Italian version of TSL.

And yeah, we know about the issue with the Coruscant Temple Mod.

Argh! terrible news... so you're telling me that to play M4-78 i should get a english version of KOTOR?

then i should start to search for it...

anyway what could be causing all this issues? i mean, (just to clarify) the speach even in the italian version is in english even in the base game, so the only thing translated are the subtitles and the items descriptions...there isn't a trick (like the one posted above) to solve this? or maybe some details to change (to make an example in the Dawn of War mods changing the name of file from "EngineENGLISH.ucs" [which causes the italian version to not show the units descriptions or skills] to "EngineITALIAN.ucs" which allows to see the descriptions (in english of course, they need to be translated to see them in italian))

this was just an example to let you understand what i'm meaning, don't know if its possible in KOTOR, but you know, the hope is last to die

so, right know i'm hoping there's a trick, if not, well i could think to change country xD

anyway, thanks for all the help guys

I don't think M4-78EP is really made to work with the Italian version of TSL.

Only difference between English and other language versions are in tlk - other than obvious (text), this file has a language field, which is what causes incompatibility between our mod and other versions... our dlgs are set to English, tlk's language is set to Italian, dialog isn't displayed. That's ALL the issues it could cause.

And this issue is fixed by a language converter (and you could load the planet just fine without using it, by the way, just wouldn't see any of the dialogs or item descriptions).

So anyway, as to your issue, it's caused by something else - but I don't know what. I suggest re-intsalling M4-78EP, or maybe even a whole game, without any other mods and see if it works. As mentioned earlier, Coruscant Jedi Temple is definitely NOT compatible.

uhm...ok so the other thing that could be not compatible is Tomb of Azgath N'Dul, the only other mod i'm using...

in your suggestion you mean also a fresh game or just reinstall it with no mods but keep a save just to not play throught it again?

EDIT: i think i'll need to do a fresh game because right now in tha game got equipped like half of the stuf from the tomb...simply selling it could work or 8as i suppose) it will cause some problem?

Re-installed game with old save should do fine (probably best if you have pre-Korriban save, though). You can sell all the modded items.

The Tomb has been reported to be compatible with M4-78EP, but I have never checked it out myself.

ok then, i'll try to re-install

just realized...also i'm using Full Force Mod by Team Hssiss but that shouldn't conflict with anything...

anyway, i'm uninstalling right know so i'll keep you updated on progress

ok here's the news, re-installed the game and the mods without anything else and it worked so it's already good :)

now i need to convert the dlgs to see at least what i'm saying, so i suppose i'll need to do again the trick you explained me before, just if you could point me to the right file to modify it will be lovely :)

EDIT: forgot to mention, used the last save i made, the one just before travelling to M4-78, so after completing Korriban, and speaking to t3, and it worked, so at this point i suppose it was some mods that didn't like that planet xD

You probably want to run 801-809DRO.mod through DLG Converter, plus anything you find "convert-able" in your override and you should be good to go. Also the 702KOR mentioned in earlier posts.

god dammit! ok now i suppose the "crash" is caused by the coversion of the files...because after converting the files, both the .mod and the ones in the override folder, i got the "menu crash" again...

i'll try again to re install it (forgot to make backups...) and will try to convert a single file every time to see what causes he crash, and will let you know...anyway of course i'm not expecting you to translate/modify or whatever, i'll simply download and english version and will play the mod there

ok, i get this "crash" after converting the .mod files, so at this point i suppose he mod, has Hassat Hunter said, isn't made for the italian version... if you got some trick that might work, will try it, if not, nevermind as said bofere will sort out a english copy and will play it there (on this, you think a save from my version could work with an english version of the game?)

I'm here again xD (i think i'm becoming your biggest nightmare!) anyway. downlaod an english version of the game, used an old save (just prior travelling M4-78), went on the planet all fine (yes!!!) and started playing all went right until i got access to the Enviromental Zone, when i step through the passage i get the laod screen but then it crashes every time... any suggestion?

P.S.: amazing job guys!

Just wanted to add I play with the german version, installed the mod, converted all the files to german language, ran into the Korriban Academy bug, fixed it thanks to this topic and got the exactly same crash the guy with the italian version had. No other mods (besides TSLRCM) installed.

I ran 801-809DRO.mod through the converter.

All I want to say is, you should remove the other language converted compability text because it clearly isn't.

the problem is that i get this crash even with the english version of the game (got it from a "friend", if you know what i mean), i admit that i've used a save from the italian version, but it got everything on the first try, subtitles, items, descriptions, missions...and then got the crash on M4-78, so, waiting for some help if not...well i'll search on youtube a video through the full mod, just to know the end xD

The problem is that I get this crash even with the English version of the game (got it from a "friend", if you know what I mean)

TSLRCM 1.8.2 will likely not work with hacked, illegal copies of KOTOR2.

BTW, any further discussions of illegal acquired copies of TSL will introduce the poster quite quickly to a permanent ban.

I hope I make myself perfectly clear here.

got the messagge,

anyway the problem started with an original copy, so that was just a try (that didn't make it), at the moment still waiting for a possible way to fix the bug...

Other question: If I delete your mod will the Jedi-Master quest on Korriban be finished or is the save game lost forever because the main quest won't continue ? (You know Korriban was my last planet )

Considering in vanilla the "master found" global is set, but in M4-78EP not, yeah, you're savegame would render the game unwinnable.