Sign in to follow this  
Markus Ramikin

Problems with the Peragus fix mod

First of all, the contents of the zip are a huge mess, there are duplicate zips there. I don't know if you're aware of it.

More importantly:

• Installation started 2010-09-07 13:38:51...

• Installing unmodified files...

• Adding file plc_gencrps5.utp to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Adding file dead_miner.utc to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Adding file dead_secoff.utc to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Replacing file g_tresgencorp004.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Replacing file g_tresgencorp005.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Replacing file g_tresgencorp006.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Replacing file g_tresgencorp007.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Replacing file g_tresmillow012.utp in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Replacing file g_w_qtrstaff002.uti in the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Adding file plc_gencrps3.utp to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Adding file plc_gencrps4.utp to the Modules101PER_s.rim archive...

• Error: Unhandled exception: Access violation at address 00005C31. Read of address 00005C31 (0)

Any ideas?

Edited by Markus Ramikin

First of all, the contents of the zip are a huge mess, there are duplicate zips there. I don't know if you're aware of it.

Not really a huge mess, I just zipped it twice. If you want a fix though, you might as well just wait for an update.

VP: Just mentioning it because it looks unintended... and potentially confusing as one is not initially sure if both peragus fixes are the same version and which one to use. Not a big deal, just notifying. :)

Hassat: hm... the word "forgot" would apply if I ever knew that before; this is the first time I ever encountered that problem when installing a mod. Which is interesting, doesn't TSLRCM mess with module files itself? And yet I don't remember getting errors with that one.

Okay, giving it another go...

...seems to have installed. Guess I'm restarting my DS playthrough. :)

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Looking good so far. I like the new corpses, for sure. And Coorta corpse and the other two guys having the right faces. :)

It's fun to have a collapsible weapon this early on. But hm, the Prototype Beacon is lacking a description. Which is a shame because there's potential for cool there.

Holy crap, the heavy laser is overpowered :) Not that I mind, it's fun. EDIT: Those new weapons: heavy lasers, beacons - there's a lot of them loading everywhere. Maybe too many?

Hm, problems:

- Ugh. The corpse in the hangar bay sub level, from which you get the "Datapad: Peragus Depot Survey" as T3, is wrong. It's decomposed and dessicated as hell. In fact it's not even a miner corpse, it's exactly like one of the Sith corpses on Korriban.

- When I enter the Dormitories from the Asteroid Exterior, there's a miner image in the first room, still standing but not interactive. I imagine he was supposed to fall over and be a corpse, before I got to open the door and see him, but he didn't. EDIT: I quicksaved and quickloaded, and that fixed it.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Looking good so far. I like the new corpses, for sure. And Coorta corpse and the other two guys having the right faces. :)

Not everyone has the right faces... the holograms for instance... ugh, that's going to take a long time.

It's fun to have a collapsible weapon this early on. But hm, the Prototype Beacon is lacking a description. Which is a shame because there's potential for cool there.

Dammit! That's supposed to have a description! Ugh

Holy crap, the heavy laser is overpowered :) Not that I mind, it's fun. EDIT: Those new weapons: heavy lasers, beacons - there's a lot of them loading everywhere. Maybe too many?

Yeah, thought I'd go crazy and fill up lockers with 'em. The next version will have that stuff fixed.

Hm, problems:

- Ugh. The corpse in the hangar bay sub level, from which you get the "Datapad: Peragus Depot Survey" as T3, is wrong. It's decomposed and dessicated as hell. In fact it's not even a miner corpse, it's exactly like one of the Sith corpses on Korriban.

- When I enter the Dormitories from the Asteroid Exterior, there's a miner image in the first room, still standing but not interactive. I imagine he was supposed to fall over and be a corpse, before I got to open the door and see him, but he didn't. EDIT: I quicksaved and quickloaded, and that fixed it.

That'll happen occasionally, but I don't know why. In fact, that's part of the reason the dude in the fuel depot is that placeable instead of a miner (it did that ALL the time with him)

Thanks for the input Markus. I've had a few ideas for improvement, and I think I'll need to put them into action for sure now! :P

Always a pleasure. :)

The guys in the fuel depot - originally, in the vanilla game, it was a normal clothes guy. If you can't get the miner corpse to work right, maybe just leave him as he was in vanilla? even a civilian is vastly better than a Sith corpse...

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Always a pleasure. :)

The guys in the fuel depot - originally, in the vanilla game, it was a normal clothes guy. If you can't get the miner corpse to work right, maybe just leave him as he was in vanilla? even a civilian is vastly better than a Sith corpse...

The point was to get rid of normal clothes guy lol, but hey don't worry about it. I have an idea for the new version. I hope it will work... :)

Might as well try it out now. I'm at Peragus in my current playthrough.

Edited by VarsityPuppet

I know that. :P But the Sith corpse isn't an improvement.

Looking forward to your new idea!

They are an improvement over a 'ghost' model of a miner. Plus, if I remember correctly, didn't the droids there have flamethrowers?

didn't the droids there have flamethrowers?

Aye sir! And "cryo projectors" too! Guess a mix of both should be able to damage a body this way.

What are you talking about? The vanilla model in the particular place we're talking about is a normal civilian corpse, right? and there is no hologram recording of him dying so there is no inconsistency.

Edited by Markus Ramikin