• YES I LOVE IT!!!
    • Played a little.
    • Never got into it.
    • Want to start soon / starting now
    • Played Morrowwind
    • Playing Skyrim
    • Waiting for GOTY Skyrim
    • Play other Bethesda titles

Oblivion is a huge game that has changed and grown much since its' initial release. The are thousands of mods and complicated utility mods that must be used to make sure your game runs smoothly. A simple mistake of where a mod is in the load order can render the mod useless and even prevent the game from starting. There are dirty and wild edits in mods that can corrupt your game files.

This thread is here to help you navigate through the dungeon and get your game in working order. With all the software solutions and utility mods out there these days you would be surprised that today even an old Nvidia 6600 can play the game in large high rez textures with little loss of FPS. Or at least within acceptable parameters.

I will be posting a starter kit of must have utility mods and a must have top 10 starter playing mod list. Of course there are adult mods that I will not post publicly but feel free to PM me as I have played with all the big ones. *pun intended* :wub:

Oblivion is a crazy place and a crazy game. I am not an expert on all things but I know enough. More important I know where to get the information and who can help. Over the years I have met lots people who have taught me much and saved my butt many times. I have gone through three re-installs that took 20 hours of work each time.

As I said, it's a crazy complicated game and everyday that my Oblivion game starts I am thankful. :cool:

Nice to see when a person has a lot of passion for something. You must be under 20 or in early 20s. I gotta say, Oblivion is one of the most dull and generic games I've ever seen. Not to mention that it was ridiculously easy to beat without a manual. Exception for a few quests and main quest moments. But that's all. There were great mods...such as the...uh. what was the name.."secret spires" I think. Fully voiced, with new enemies and locations..but even that wouldn't save the game for me.

Sorry if this comment is out of place. Feel free to delete.

Nice to see when a person has a lot of passion for something. You must be under 20 or in early 20s. I gotta say, Oblivion is one of the most dull and generic games I've ever seen. Not to mention that it was ridiculously easy to beat without a manual. Exception for a few quests and main quest moments. But that's all. There were great mods...such as the...uh. what was the name.."secret spires" I think. Fully voiced, with new enemies and locations..but even that wouldn't save the game for me.

Sorry if this comment is out of place. Feel free to delete.

Kerk; Here is my first piece of advice for you. Never make assumptions on the internet about people because when you are wrong about them you always end up with mud on your face. You don't know me so please don't make assumptions about me based off of one post on the internet.

This thread is not to convince anyone to play. It is to help others who want or who are playing. So if you don't like what mommy made you for supper I couldn't care less. Get it, got it good!

However to the many adults here who know how to play nicely on the internet and who want to learn the basics of setting up an Oblivion game on your computer I will be running through the MUST HAVE UTILITY MODS and must have play mods that are in my PERMANENT LOAD LIST. ***More importantly, I will show that you don't need a killer gaming rig to play with those amazing high rez textures that everybody wants.

The first time I played Oblivion I didn't really get into it. I finished the main quest and I thought the other quests were silly. I still do. I thought the leveling system sucked and I thought the race and skills were weird. I finished the game but my level 28 khajitt was so weak that I wasn't able to defeat a simple zombie anymore. I thought I would never play again.

I was so wrong. A year later I walked into my friends house and saw her boyfriend playing Oblivion on his computer. It looked like a completely different game. High rez textures, new races and brand new adventures. It looked and played like a completely different game. I asked some questions and I learned that this game was meant to be modded. That is why Bethesda released the construction set. The fact that Kerk stated his dislike of the game but then recommended a mod proves my point. He was referring to the Lost Spires mod http://www.lostspires.com/ one of the better mods out there but today there are much much MUCH better ones.

I have downloaded mods that are larger than KOTOR & KOTOR2 together. Claudia's Little Secrete the complete story Gold Edition beta being one of them. If you haven't heard of that mod or played it then you haven't seen the best of what Oblivion can be.

Oblivion I have learned is what YOU MAKE IT TO BE. Every Oblivion game on every computer in the world is a completely different set up and therefore a different game. In fact I will post pics of what my Oblivion looks like and I bet it is something that most of you never laid eyes upon.

Here is what my Oblivion realm looks like like. compared to the vanilla (vanilla means without any mods)realm of Oblivion. These pictures have NOT been processed through Photoshop or Gimp.

Vanilla Oblivion Realm

dzGVJl.jpg

My modded Oblivion Realm

6PmVFl.png

Vanilla trees and flora

MWI0Ml.jpg

Modded trees and flora

WFB9Ol.jpg

Vanilla flowers

KU6Wjl.png

Modded flowers.

pc4Gul.jpg

Vanilla Khajitt race

eptbEl.jpg

Modded Khajitt race

stQWVl.jpg

And finally my current character on my 7 year old gaming rig

g2z7hl.jpg

And my last picture taken at medium textures. The one I took at large textures is too big to upload onto any picture sharing site. LoL

1w2Jil.jpg

All pictures are 100% in game. No Photoshop or editing. Some are taken with large textures and others medium.

And for the last time ; if you have nothing positive to add to this thread then I ask you to keep your negative frequencies to yourself. As Kreia would say; I would like to speak without the company of imbeciles and fools.

***********EDIT************

EDIT: So I highly suggest that you do a complete reinstall of your game. This way you can start clean and have everything done properly so your game will last for years.

You need to uninstall Oblivion properly or it will lead to problems in your next instal.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Oblivion_reinstall_procedure

This is a big project so you want to start off with a healthy computer and a healthy game.

Once this is done the next step is to install the game. I would wait a day to see if everything is working properly. Oblivion is a big game a touches many parts of your computer. This is a weekend project. One step at a time. No rush

Next step; So make a new system restore point. And now install the game. *****Oblivion installs differently on XP and Vista and win7 so be careful here****

XP just got to the default paths

Vista or WIN 7 has to be different

http://hammondslegacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=89

Once you get it installed start it up and let the game scan your system. If it says you can play at medum textures you are good to go. Large textures you are golden and if it says LOW QUALITY textures or GO HERE http://www.oldblivion.com/

If your system specs are like GeForce 5600FX 128 MB, 2.21 ghz AMD Athlon64, 1 GB RAM then go here and look at the pictures. YOU CAN OBLIVION STILL and it looks great. Even older video cards can play Oblivion and it looks amazing. Become a member there and follow their instructions.

The following cards have been tested, and run successfully with Oldblivion:

GeForce 3 series

GeForce 4 TI series

GeForce 4 Go 4xxx series

GeForce FX series

GeForce PCX 5300

Radeon 9550

Radeon 9200 series

Radeon 9000 series

Radeon 8500 series

Intel 9xxGM Express

The following have been reported to be working, but have some unresolved issues:

SiS 760

GeForce FX 5100 GO

And finally, these plainly don't work:

S3 series integrated cards

Most Intel series integrated cards

GeForce 4 MX series

GeForce Go 4xx series

GeForce 2

If it says Medium settings then continue on this page. I am using a Nvidia 6600 so if your card is equal or near mine you will be ok.

TOP THREE MUST HAVE UTILITY MODS

This is what I will be covering in order of importance.

1)OBMM:

Oblivion mod manager by Timeslip http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/2097

This is a utility for managing plugins, and also for packing them for distribution. It can be used either as an enhanced version of the oblivion launcher's data files selector, or as a more advanced mod manager when mods are specially packed into omod files.

TES NEXUS has it's own mod manager. ***DON'T USE IT*** It is full of spyware. I have a friend who took it apart and found it in there. There are also some other codes that are very suspicious. Besides, after years of trying to make their own mod manager it still does not compare to the power of OBMM.

This is the first thing you should download. It does so many things from beginner to expert level it is a must have. For beginners it organizes all you mods into one file so they are easy to find. Mods are packed in zip and rar files just like the mods and skins here. When you download mod you place the zip file in the OBMM mods file. OBMM will convert the zip or rar file into an OMOD file and at the press of a button will unpack it for you into the right folders. Not all mods are packed properly but you can fix it so it works. At any time if you want to remove the mod OBMM will do it for you and repack the files into the zip file and remove the mod from your game at a click of a button.

But OBMM does so much more at the advanced level. Also included are several utilities, such as a BSA unpacker, save file manager for syncing your active plugin list to a save game, conflict detector, archive invalidation.txt generator and more.Those features I will revisit at a later time but essentially it will also unpack your BSA files, archive invalidation on those massive extra content mods like Elsweyr and Hammerfell and Nehrim and other mind blowing territory mods that offer brand new massive lands and cities and quests. These mods are not simple quest mods. They are HUGE files that add massive landscapes to explore. These type of mods are usually not always in your LOAD ORDER (I will explain that later but it is the list of mods that you are currently using)because the file is too large. Most people will remove the mod file once they are finished with it but can always make the mod active again using a program like OBMM at the press of a button. When you remove large amount of textures and meshes it make you game "messy" and so to keep everything clean and to avoid possible future problems the archive invalidation feature is a great feature for those of us that are constantly activating and deactivating and adding and removing very large mods. Trust me on this one. It's worth doing.

OBMM will also tell you if a mod conflicts with another mod. So if I download a mod that wants to overwrite another mod or feature OBMM will alert you to that. You can also change the MOD LOAD ORDER using OBMM and that is very important. I will revisit LOAD ORDER and the importance of good load order after I finish with this TOP THREE MUST HAVE UTILITY MODS section

When you are using between 60-200 mods in your game OBMM is a must if only to keep yourself organized. And it is very easy to learn how to use.

However it is not the only way to install mods. There is another Utility Mod that MUST be used that has similar functions. You can also just unpack any mod into the oblivion DATA file. Oblivion allows a maximum of 200 mods at a time but there are ways around that. I will explain when I cover the third must have utility mod.

I will come back to OBMM when I cover some of the "MUST HAVE HIGH REZ TEXTURE MODS and how to use them with a crappy old gaming rig and not melt your video card section" but for now if you plan on playing and modding the living hell out of you Oblivion game (which I strongly suggest you do ) go download this immediately.

NEXT UTILITY MOD MUST HAVE is called BOSS

2) BOSS by The BOSS Development Team

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20516

This is such an important mod that you can't really play Oblivion with mods without it. Well you can but it is not recommended. BOSS is designed to assist mod users in avoiding detrimental conflicts, by setting the correct load order for the plugins they have installed.

BOSS is a plugin load order optimizer for TES IV: Oblivion, Nehrim - At Fate's Edge, TES V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. BOSS also provides thousands of plugin-specific messages, including usage notes, Bash Tag suggestions, requirements, incompatibilities, bug warnings and installation mistake notifications. It supports the sorting of plugins ghosted by the Wrye *ash (Wrye Bash, Wrye Flash, Wrye Flash NV, Wrye Smash) utilities, is highly customizable, has been translated into multiple languages, and is simple to use.

Once it is installed it is click and sit back and watch the magic. It places your mods in the right order for you so you don't have to worry about it. If the mods are not in the right load order they will not work and may even mess up you entire game.

I will come back to LOAD ORDER later on and explain that further for people who are having problems. BOSS does not place mods in the proper order if BOSS does not recognize the mod so sometimes you have to do that manually. That is trial and error but there are some basic rules to follow and those important guidelines I will post later on. So if you are using a mod that just came out sometimes BOSS can not recognize the type of mod it is and will just put it at the bottom of the load order. That may or may not work.

All you have to know for now is that every time you install a mod you immediately then run BOSS. BOSS runs in dos format and then opens your browser with a detailed report on your whole game listing, the mod order; conflicts and even suggestions.

Most important it syncs the load order with the next MUST HAVE UTILITY MOD called "Wrye Bash" and I will write about Wrye Bash over the weekend.

Some people would say that Wrye Bash should have been number one on this list (BOSS #2 then OBMM) and those people would be correct however Wry Bash is an advanced utility mod that is very complicated to use and for beginners it is not really needed. With that being said it may be the greatest Utility mod ever created and even if you are a beginner it is a must have for reasons I will discuss later.

If anyone has a question or has anything productive to add to this thread please join the conversation and post it.

Cheers and happy gaming.

***One last note on BOSS; if you run BOSS and review the report and you see that you have WARNINGS you should take it seriously. If the warning say something like this, "warning, file contains dirty edits and needs to be cleaned by TES IV EDIT" then I suggest you remove the mod. DO NOT USE tes IV edit if you do not know what you are doing as if will destroy your entire oblivion folder file if you make a mistake. I suggest you just remove the mod from your game at this time. After you remove the mod by OBMM or Wrye Bash then you can go and learn about TESIV EDIT. I will be writing about TESIV EDIT in the ADVANCED MUST HAVE UTILITY MODS section but for now follow this rule. If it is a small mod like clothing or armor get rid of it right away. If it is a small visual effect mod get rid of it right away. If it is a very large mod like for example "Midas Spells and Magic" you may want to keep the mod because the benefits outweigh the negative dirty and wild edits associated with the mod.

I will come back to Dirty and Wild edits later but for now just remember that if you have problems with your game it is usually a dirty or wild edit from a mod. A simple wild edit from an armor mod can make a player home unsealable or remove large chunks of landscape. Don't assume that because it is a small mod that it can not have devastating results.

So the point is if BOSS gives you this warning then for all beginners just remove the mod for now.

3) WRYE BASH and BAIN

The story of Wrye Bash and his personal struggle with the modding community is a sad story to say the least. The biggest losers are us in that we don't have this incredible person in the modding community anymore.

Anyone who takes modding seriously should read his paper, "Cathedral vs. Parlor" and learn a little bit to better yourselves as a person. It is a MUST READ for anyone who thinks themselves a "MODDER" or creates mods fop any games.

http://wryemusings.com/Cathedral%20vs.%20Parlor.html

I am really not going to write much about this program other than get right away. It is simply the BEST utility mod created of all time. imho There is also Wrye Mash for TESIII Morrowwind and one for TESV Skyrim that is in the works and being documented as I write this.

I listed a few sites above to learn about this program. Don't bother going there if you don't like to read. This is for ADVANCED LEARNING and for people that want to learn about modding game professionally from the best people in the modding community. People who have worked on the Wrye Bash projects have gone on to work at some of the largest gaming companies in the biz.

For the laymen person read his web site http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Bash.html and download the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide by alt3rn1ty written for regular people like us so that we may learn the basics and get the most out of this amazing utility mod.

Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide by alt3rn1ty

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35230

http://modsreloaded.com/wrye-bash

I don't want to scare anyone away from this mod. Even if you just use it at a beginners level it is worth it. You can modify the ini folder to any other mod through WB (Wrye Bash). You can access you screen pictures through WB. You can install mods through WB just like OBMM. It is called the BAIN installer. You can turn mods on and off and delete mods from your game. If your game doesn't work it will tell you what mod is messing it up. You can fix some comm0on problems that plague the game through WB with a few clicks of a button. You can change the load order and you have the very handy Wrye Bash PAtch that allows you to try out new mods to see if you like them with out that mod affecting the rest of your game. If you like the mod and want to keep it you then include it in your "BATCHED" mod list.

After you install a mod through OBMM or just dropping the file in your data folder or using BAIN you have to run BOSS. BOSS places the mod in the correct loading order and sets the order in Wrye BAsh automatically. Absolutely brilliant. You can lock the load order in WB so that OBMM doesn't change it because OBMM can change load order too so you really want WB to be the program in charge.

ALright WB is such a huge program that I don't even know where to go with it here but get. It is the most important utility mod there is and the guy is a legend.

Do not ask me any question about this mod if you have not downloaded the picture guide and gone to his official website. If you have and still have a question I will help you. It is just too confusing to help people over the internet if they don't know what you are telling them to do.

I am sure I forgot a few of the major things this program does and if so I will revisit it later on.

You now have the three most important Utility mods you need to start playing Oblivion and using mods.

I will write about ADVANCED UTILITY MODS and OTHER MUST HAVE MODS such as OBSE; OBGE; COBL: TESIVEDIT; TESIVLOD; OPTIMIZER TEXTURES; 4GB PATCH; END SERIES; TESIVLANDSCAPE and a few others that I forget right now

*** If you read this and start downloading these advanced utility mods which you should do anyway don't use them without reading about them as they will destroy you game files if you make a mistake. Always make a backup of your TEXTURE AND MESHES folders before installing anything into your game or using any of the mods listed here.

Next I will cover the MUST HAVE MODS to start or replay your Oblivion game with.

PS. If I forgot anything and you want to add something constructive to this conversation then please do so. Remember that I am not perfect and I make mistakes. I will be returning to these topics but don't wait for me. If you know something important please help people out by sharing the information. CHEERS :wub:

Nice work, looks good :D

Thank you bendarby24. Your enthusiasm is appreciated.

I just want to reiterate the purpose of the thread. It is to show people how they can set up their old gaming computer so they can use the HIGH RESOLUTION mods that in the past would cause a CTD (crash to desktop) upon trying to open their Oblivion game.

It is a process so you will have to bear with me. Besides you want to play a little bit while you get there so lets start doing that.

It doesn't matter if you are female or just male :wub: the first thing everybody wants is that smoking hot body. Today with all the Asian character races people also want the shiny glossy skin and high rez hair wigs.

Unfortunately on an old Nvidia graphics card you game will crash back to your desktop (CTD) if you try and use these mods. Fortunately you are reading this and I will show you how you can get this shiny glossy skin and use the hi rez Animated wigs (meaning the long hair moves naturally instead of being stiff and sticking out). This of course means you have to play in LARGE texture mode and for older gaming computers it also means trouble. Lucky for you that you have found this thread and I will soon tell you how you can do it.

Remember I am using a Nvidia 6600 on my 7 year old gaming rig that was once a top of the line computer but today I am just happy it starts up properly. It is why I recommend building your own top of the line gaming PC so not only will it be much much less expensive but it will also last a very long time guaranteeing that you will be able to play all the top PC video games for the next five years. (More on that later where I'll show you the two computers I am currently planning.)

Here is another one of my characters with hi rez animated hair wig and the shiny glossy skin texture on my 7 year old 6600 Nvidia gaming PC. Just in case some people don't believe me and since I have the SUNBEAMTECH front port modual that tells me the temperature of all my parts and controls my artic cooling system I can tell you that my video card has not melted yet and it has been over a year that I have had this current set up. (I've gone through a few)

CLICK TO ENLARGE AND LOOK AT THE GLOSSY SKIN AND CLOTHING / ARMOR TEXTURES

EVY AIR Race informal indie update independent modified version

ClG7Cl.jpg

LYabml.jpg

hi rez large texture clothing on Evy rave indie update

yfZvxl.jpg

Alright where was I... hmmm boobies hehehe we'll get to those in a moment

for now you need to download these mods right away

************ Please make sure that your game is updated to Oblivion version 1.2.0416********

If your game is not already patched it needs to be. Go here and get that done.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_install_Oblivion_with_patches

OR I found an alternative link and easier I think here:

Official Oblivion 12416 Patch by Bethesda

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/11364

If you are already at version 1.2.0416 then you are good to go. The GOTY edition is already patched.

1) Unofficial_Oblivion_Patch_v3_2_0_OMOD_Version-5296.omod

by Quarn and Kivan

This is an unbelievable achievement. A must have. This mod is a joint effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in Oblivion, fixing over 1,800 bugs so far!

Created for Oblivion version 1.2.0416, using otherwise may have unexpected results.

The beautiful thing is that the mod is already in OMOD format so you just drop it in you OBMM mods file and start it up.

2) If you have the GOTY edition that includes KOTN Knights of the Nine and SI Shivering Isles expansions then you need this too

_Unofficial_Official_Mods_Patch_v16_OMOD_Version-9969-16-1.omod

by Quarn, Kivan and Arthmoor

An Oblivion mod that fixes about 190 bugs in the official DLC plugins (Knights of the Nine, Fighter's Stronghold/Battlehorn Castle, Frostcrag Spire/Wizard's Tower, Horse Armor Pack, Mehrunes' Razor, Thieves' Den/Dunbarrow Cove, The Orrery, Vile Lair/Deepscorn Hollow and Spell Tomes)

3)You also need this

v1_5_0_OMOD_version_R2-10739.omod

[basic info]

Name: UnofficialShiveringIslesPatchv1.5.0

Author: Quarn, Kivan and Arthmoor

You can find these mods on tes nexus but I reccomend going to their webpage as Artmoor has been fighting with people and it is probably better to go straight to the source at this point in time.

http://baldurdash.org

If you don't have the exspansions KOTN and SI then just get the first UNOFFICIAL OBLIVION PATCH

If you have other official add on expansion packs they have an unofficial patch for those too. I suggest you get it.

Okay Okay I promise to get to the boobies next post. I have to tease you a bit so you keep coming back! LoL This thread will end up with you having hi rez sexy textures on your old crappy gaming rig without melting your video card I promise.

***********************************************************************************

So all this should be done before you even start a game.

A) get the three utility mods

B) Get the Official Bethesda Oblivion Patch update 1.2.0416 (GOTY edition is already patched)

C) Get the three Unofficial Patches and Install them

COMING SOON... Super hot sexy shiny glossy women and also MEN because us ladies like the eye candy too you know. (And so do some of the guys lol)

This will, I'm sure, prove very useful.

And while Oblivion is very, very good, I must say that the best of the modern ones is (in my opinion) Morrowind. IV and V have been excellent, but the plots were a bit too much like "only you can kill these people so go and kill them". Morrowind had a far more interesting storyline.

Oh you are 100 % correct. Morrowind was still an "Old School" RPG game. The writing of the quests and the lore was incredible. We may never see another game like that again. Gaming companies don't spend the money on writers anymore. That part of video games has been fazed out. So sad. Most kids today would find Morrowind too wordy. That is now the biggest complaint of the game. Funny eh?

As far as the quest and story in Vanilla Oblivion goes, it is empty of any soul. Very little imagination went into the quests. Almost baby-ish really. Instead of wasting money on Patric Stewart they should have hired Michael Kirkbridge to lead the project again but Todd Howard didn't.

Michael Kirkbride is a former designer for Bethesda Softworks and still very active in the Elder Scrolls Community, despite leaving the company during Morrowind's development. He is responsible for a large amount of lore in the Elder Scrolls Universe, and was asked by Bethesda to author a few in-game books for Oblivion. Michael continues to write additions to The Imperial Library and the Lore section on the Official Forums. He also did some contract work for the Knights of the Nine Plug in.

By the way, some of the mods you can get for Morrowind these days would blow your wig off. :D

PS. In my Oblivion community that I am a member of I have started a SWKOTOR2TSLRCM thread. Although I am just posting pictures and showing the skins, mods and restored content videos. I have posted a link to this site there so maybe some people will come check it out. Most of the members there are old school Morrowind players. I'll post a link to it soon once I get into some must have mods that won't melt your old crappy video card and start a fire in your basement section LoL

i agree with mando and the story line was way to repeative due to the oblivion gates being so simular :/ but the side quest and mainly the guild quest made the game for me. loved the darkbrother hood quest line XD

With the Dark Brotherhood, I think more could be made of Vicente Valtieri as a vampire that's on your side. It could've been very interesting, but instead it just wasn't.

And have you heard of Project Eternity? That's the Obsidian team making an old-school RPG with $4 million in Kickstarter donations.

Well what you two are saying is really nothing new and nobody on the Bethesda Forums, Steam, Tes Nexus or any other Oblivion community out would disagree. That is why over the last SIX years there are so many mods that have been created for the game that have changed everything that you are both talking about.

In fact modding Oblivion is pretty much finished. Every aspect of the game has been changed for the better.

The dark brotherhood for example; the whole quest line has been changed. The whole House and main base has been rebuilt and the there are so many added quests. The entire story has been expanded. There are other bases all over the game now.

I have tried so many dark brotherhood expansion mods that I can't even remember them all. Here are the one I have played but there are so many other good ones.

Dark Brotherhood Chronicles by Amadaun and AndalayBay

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41090

A Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary by Khettienna

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22135

Dark Brotherhood Outposts - New Sanctuaries by Karmos

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/13277

Servant of the Dawn by Endrek

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/6855

A Brotherhood Renewed by Arthmoor

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/31773

ColourWheels Sexy Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary HGEC v5_5 by colourwheel

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41550

At this time there is not an aspect of the game that has not been redone. There are 28,000 mods just on tes nexus alone. Many are very small but there are a lot that are completely huge. My point is ,"Any complaint you might have had in the past, it has been changed by not just one person but my many."

This would be a boring thread if it was to point out everything that was wrong with the game. I could do the same for KOTOR2 TSL right. But people fixed it. The same goes for Oblivion. There are so many mods that today Oblivion is playing on par with Skyrim are far as graphics is concerned. Go and check out the image share section of Morrowwind at the nesus and you will not recognize the Morrowind you once knew. The software mods have completely updated the whole game to where it is now compatible with Oblivion.

Morroblivion.com

A community about mods that merge the amazing world of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind into more modern game engines.

Current projects include:

Skywind and Skyblivion (Morrowind and Oblvivion to the Skyrim engine)

Morroblivion (Morrowind to the Oblivion engine)

This is such a huge project and it has been going on for years.

I have stopped playing the game for content mods and am only interested in Overhauls and Visual Graphics at this point. But I will try the new large quest mods that come out like;

Knights of the Nine Revelation by Lanceor

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42490

All your arguments once were true but today they just don't hold water. I think you two should keep reading this thread and see where it goes. From the sound of it you two have not visited Oblivion in a while. Guys, you wouldn't recognize the place.

But I don't want to derail the thread any father than it has been because it is now heading in a direction that the thread is not ready to take.

I want to keep it in order so people can read it and help themselves if they get into trouble or want to install Oblivion on an Older gaming rig and play the game at HIGHER RESOLUTION than they previously were able to do.

When your game looks better it is more fun right? I think that is already proven by all the amazing skins found here. I myself am blown away at how my Droids are looking and the hi rez Ebon Hawke.

OLD VANILLA NIGHT SNOWY SKY (Character race is a mod and so are clothing)

UU3EHl.png

SKYRIM VANILLA NORTHERN LIGHTS (a friends picture)

u3GhVl.jpg

MY OBLIVION NORTHERN LIGHTS (These things are moving across my northern sky. Simply amazing to watch)

0i5Hzl.jpg

XxWfZl.jpg

Why am I posting these pictures? Because it is to show you that you can't compare what Oblivion once was to what Oblivion can be. If you didn't like parts of the game there are mods that have changed every aspect of it. There is not one aspect of the game that has not been changed for the better.

Moving forward; Next subject I will discuss OBSE and the must have mods you need to have before you even start a game. At this point in time you should already be a few hours into your installation. If I were to reinstall my game it would take more than 24 hours of work so we need to get going. This of course will be spread out over a week.

Nest post OBSE

OBSE Oblivion Script Extender

http://obse.silverlock.org/

The Oblivion Script Extender, or OBSE for short, is a modder's resource that expands the scripting capabilities of Oblivion. It doesn't make any modifications to oblivion.exe, TESConstructionSet.exe, or any other files in your oblivion install, so don't worry about permanent side effects. It is compatible with the 1.2.0.416 Oblivion patch, as well as the 1.2 version of the Construction Set. Versions of Oblivion downloaded via Steam are supported as well.

Oblivion Script Extender - OBSE by OBSE Team

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37952

Or you can just watch this and it will show how to instal OBSE properly. It also has links to all the files. Just watch and do the "Monkey see and Monkey do " sort of thing.

OBSE is a must have. You really can not play the game without it. There are special mods that are for OBSE only. These mods fix some major bugs. One of them being a CTD (crash to desktop) on exit of the game. This means that when you want to quit the game Oblivion freezes or crashes. This is a real pain in the WOOHOO so before you play you MUST INSTALL THIS NEXT. Like right now.

LoL I know I know you can't believe you have to install all this crap and you have not even started a game. heheehe Well the good news is this is going to save you from a lot of headaches. The bad news is this installation is not finished yet. But we are on our way.

Next I will LIST the MUST HAVE OBSE Mods installed into the OBSE folder.

BUT>..........

There have been some errors... well not errors in information but I have left out some important information at the beginning of this thread. So I am going to just add in a paragraph on where to install the game because it depends on your operating system. On XP you just do it the normal way but in win 7 and the the one before that rrrr i can't remember the name right now AHA Vista I think those have to be installed in your My Documents folder. Win 7 for sure does so I am going to check now for Vista.

Also very important is how to uninstall Oblivion properly. This is vewry important because many people uninstall in incorrectly and then when they reinstall the game they find that they have the same problems or even WORSE!!! So I will include the link to the uninstall guide so you remove the files "IN THE RIGHT ORDER" hehehe Only in oblivion do you have to uninstall certain files in a particular order so you can have a 100% clean reinstall. I will include all the proper file paths and make everything more newbie friendly.

So I will do that and come back with the main OBSE mods that everyone needs. We are really almost ready to at least start a character and play a little. So The rest of the work can be done while we play. I will check my own Wrye Bash BAIN installer and OBMM and Oblivion Data file because I use all 3 methods to install mods. I'll give you the general rules of when to use each method. Best method is BAIN but we all can't be computer experts and making mods ready to work with BAIN sometimes can be confusing. Wrye Bash and Bain is confusing to learn but once you learn how to use it it is difficult to use another method. Myself I use different methods for different kind of mods. But hey, that is just me.

Questions so far or if I have missed anything or made a mistake please post or PM me

Thank you for the support and happy gaming. :)(: Now I'm off to kill some Sith and try to figure out why my Luxa Skin mod is not working. Fun Fun

OK the edit was made on POST #4 at the top of that page.

That information is sooo important. Especially the OLD OBLIVION MOD and program. http://www.oldblivion.com/index.php

The following cards have been tested, and run successfully with Oldblivion:

GeForce 3 series

GeForce 4 TI series

GeForce 4 Go 4xxx series

GeForce FX series

GeForce PCX 5300

Radeon 9550

Radeon 9200 series

Radeon 9000 series

Radeon 8500 series

Intel 9xxGM Express

The following have been reported to be working, but have some unresolved issues:

SiS 760

GeForce FX 5100 GO

And finally, these plainly don't work:

S3 series integrated cards

Most Intel series integrated cards

GeForce 4 MX series

GeForce Go 4xx series

GeForce 2

Next post will be the OBSE mods. (They will also show up when you run BOSS but they have their own page in the report right on top.

Unluckly i cant use any off them because i got oblivion on xbox 360

Well bendarby24, YOU"RE IN LUCK!!!!!

You can now buy the GOTY DELUXE edition for $20.00 on STEAM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/900883/

PLUS you get 30 thousand mods for free. That's just from tes nexus. There are other sites that have thousands of mods not allowed on the nexus. It's a no-brainer dude LoL XD

OBSE MUST HAVE MODS

Why do I need these mods Kate? STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND JUST DO IT! hehehe Kidding. The simple answer is that you can't play oblivion mods without these basic plugins with the MODS that this installation will be using. Pretty much all the major mods are going to need these things installed anyway and they all improve the basic functions of the game.

You need to follow the install instructions. These mods for OBSE have to be done manually. Take care.

OBSE -Elys- Universal Silent Voice by Elys

Elys on Bethesda Forums ( http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/ )

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/16622

This OBSE plugin makes Oblivion:

- plays a 8 seconds duration silent voice for any missing voice file.

- uses generic lips moves for 8 seconds for any missing lip synchronization file.

- If the subtitles are turned off, Elys_USV will force display subtitles for missing voice files.

- You will have up to 8 seconds to read long subtitles when there is no voice existing for an Oblivion plugin.

- Modder creating a new plugin with no voice acting, do not have to deliver lot of silent mp3 files if the final user is using Elys_USV.

Fast Exit by Scanti

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22410

OBSE Plugin MenuQue by kyom

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/32200

Pluggy by haama

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23979

Oblivion Stutter Remover by SkyRanger-1

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23208

Windom Earle_s Oblivion Crash Prevention System by Windom Earle

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22282

This is all for now. I have an obse jail fix dll in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins but I don't remember where I got it??? LoL And I can't find it anywhere??? I don't remember what it does. I think it fixes a little lock picking bug or it has something to do with character mods. Hmmm... will look into that.

Okay you have work to do. These installs will take some time. ***If anyone has any others they use and want to suggest please post them***

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEXT UP; A word on the mod Streamline; Streamline by Jaga

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/10400

and

Oblivion Graphics Extender [OBGE] by -Timeslip -Scanti -ShadeMe and -Ethatron

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/30054

and

BOOBIES... well not really, more like skeleton mods and body mods and RACE mods so we can start playing a little. Hopefully if everything goes well your character mod will work in the opening quest when the game starts in the jail cell. This is the first of two big tests that we need to pass. Your character race mod needs to work here and what happens in the set up tells us if we did everything correctly. *cross fingers* (if so then you will have your boobies of all types and sizes) and also for male type bodies I will be recommending those skeletons and body types as well. AND if you want a male with boobies o.O well anything is possible in Oblivion hehehe :)(:

In game graphics no Photoshop or post editing

0A4J4l.jpg

Where was I? Hmm...

Streamline by Jaga

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/10400

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?act=idx

https://sites.google.com/site/oblivionpoinfo/stabilization/streamline

Stream line is a must have OBSE plugin. At the time it was first released this mod was a god-send. It changed a computer that was "stuttering" (FPS problems) and smoothed it all out. But that is not all this amazing program does.

Streamline enhances the performance of Oblivion by reducing stuttering and lag, and smoothing out gameplay. It does this by maintaining much cleaner cell buffer and video ram caches while the game is running and the player is moving from place to place.

As a result, average FPS performance over a gaming session should be higher, and the lag generally experienced as gameplay progresses should be significantly reduced (or eliminated entirely). Further, due to the manner and frequency in which memory is cleared, people that were unable to use higher resolution texture packs in the past, may be capable of doing so now.

The extremely intelligent algorithms that run ensure that memory is cleared on a regular basis, only when it is safe to do so, and so that nearby conversations by NPCs pose little risk of being interrupted, unlike in the past.

Streamline will enable itself with the default mode (performance) which should be adequate for most people, but can be configured to run in three additional modes (both faster and slower) to suit different needs. The faster the script runs, the more often cell buffers will be cleared.

The scripts used should have virtually no impact on real FPS performance, despite whichever mode is selected.

*** The best part about the mod is that you can change all the "ini" presets while in-game!

It has 4 main functions:

1) STREAMSAVE - This saves your game automatically every 10 minutes and after every "kill". This has saved me countless of hours of game play. Before using this mod I sometimes played a marathon session and the game would crash before I saved it and I lost everything. Or if I was organizing stuff in the same cell for an hour and then WAMMO a game crash. This has been a life-saver.

2)STREAMPURGE - Oblivion sometimes has problems with old game cells where the dead bodies and all the other stuff don't get removed from the game. This clears up all old game cells as soon as you leave and enter a new cell.

3)FPSsmoothing - It smooths the FPS (frames per second) **** VERY IMPORTANT*** We will be turning this feature OFF because we will be using the OBSE Oblivion Stutter Remover. You can't use both at the same tim,e or you will get more stutter. Remember to turn this OFF through the in game controls or manually through the ini file.

4) Streamsite - Depending on you computer you may use this feature or you may not. If you choose to go for a graphics set up then you will turn this OFF. If you go for a game play set up then you will keep this feature ON. For this setup that I am writing about we will be turning this OFF.

Remember that this thread is for older computers that want their Oblivion to look fantastic and in order to do that it comes at the cost of system resources that would normally go to game play. IMHO it is a no-brainer. We want oblivion looking like this on our old gaming computers:

31dJFl.jpg

6Ubs9l.jpg

wTfmzl.png

Not only do we want it looking as good as possible we also want it to play well. We need to find that equilibrium. I myself have three different setups.

1) Graphics

2) Gameplay

3) MBP Lovers (Adults Only)

After many years I have discovered a good balance between 1 & 2 Setup #3 is something else completely and on my old gaming rig I have separated them. I will discuss this type of setup when this is finished

OBGE - Right now we are leaving this alone. For older computers this may do more harm than good. At the end of this set up I will give you some hints if you want or need to have it. Right now we do not NEED it. EVERYTHING else on this thread is a MUST HAVE in order to play the game on the PC because of the mod list I will be presenting.

***Optimizer Texture***

Optimizer Textures by AdPipino

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801

Textures Check, Fix, Compress, Improves Perfomace. Extra: Optimizer BSA.

Games: Skyrim, Fallout 3 & NV, Stalker, Oblivion, Morrowind, GTA4, Mount & Blade and others.

This is a hidden gem of a program. For older rigs it allows the using of HIGH REZ characters and Clothing and other stuff that we would not otherwise be able to use. You can thank me later.

***Do not use this without reading the instruction first*** Hint: Make a backup of your Texture file before using this even though the program does it for you. This mod is based off of a program made by nVidia. If you use the other main gaming graphic card (name escapes me now) go to their website and they have recently made their own program. If you have any problems just replace your copied Texture file.

BOOBIES

We are almost there. Before we can use a mod Character Race we need this.

HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 by Several

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/34442

This is everything you need for almost every body type. It is a 7 in 1 body type overhaul and will allow you to have Big Bouncing Boobs or Flat chested or normal sized and everything else in between.

Robert's Mods Oblivion Male Body ver 4.0

http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Robert.htm

This is for better male bodies

Character Race.

We did not do all this work just to use a vanilla character race. So go crazy and choose one. I will recommend a few that I have used.

Epic elves by Kani Hime

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40451

make sure you grab the extra lip textures and loppy ears files that are listed below the main file

If not don't worry as you can add them later. This is a SEXY race. You won't be disappointed.

This is for a Bow & Arrow with sword type character play

Strangers Refine by Ren and AQUARIA and SJ with various modders

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42723

Can be used for any type of character

LunasFireDemonRace by Lunasprite13

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42712

Demon type character for fighters

Lunas Frost Sprite Race by Lunasprite13

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42703

Magic Ice elf

Dryads - Guardians of the Forest by Xenius

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40867

This is one of my faves for male or female magic playing

Succubus Race by Bella by BellaGail

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40723

Night Elf by Nouser by Nouser

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40433

***********And if you want to be different and play a male body type not often used but is amazing

This is for an Orc Male Fighter

I promise it will be the coolest looking Orc Fighter anyone ever has!!! 100% guaranteed. There is nothing better!

Room207 Bodybuilder Male Body Replacer V52 by Room207

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/33669

Orsimer Overhaul by Room207

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42037

Room207 makes all the armor for this body type. There is not much choice but the work is awesome and with a body like this who wants to cover it eh?

You should now be able to start a game. And at least get out of the Starter Dungeon.

Remember to run Optimizer Textures by AdPipino for some of these races to work. Make a back up of texture files first.

Also you may need this . Go get it anyways

Rens Beauty Pack by Ren

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/4431

NEXT

LOD or Lush and Gaudy? or maybe both!!!

sg4Tul.jpg

I am compiling a list of Star Wars mods that people could use in Oblivion. Thousands of people play Oblivion as a Star Wars character. Some of the BEST mods ever created are Star Wars mods. All the SW Jedi clothing from every movies in Hi Rez are out there. Light sabers. You can even play as a Twi'lek. Fly aropund in a X-Wing fighter. You can have Jedi and Sith powers. You can play as Princess Leia in her Return of the Jedi Hut slave outfit and have her hair style too!!!

I used to play as a Star Wars Character. I am keeping that secrete for now but I will compile the list of Star Wars mods right after I finish the LOD graphic section of this thread. So hot SEXY Twi'lek action coming soon. In the meanwhile here is a peek at the night time sky in my game.

TBDlxl.jpg

7FYvgl.jpg

Looking at all this, I think I need to consider getting the game at some point. I've been thinking about it for awhile, but it seems I almost need to bite the bullet at this point.

Not too fond of the setting, but I don't have any problems with it.

Looking at all this, I think I need to consider getting the game at some point. I've been thinking about it for awhile, but it seems I almost need to bite the bullet at this point.

Not too fond of the setting, but I don't have any problems with it.

Well if you are not into fantasy then go for Fallout 3 http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/

It is basically the same game and you have 13 thousand mods on the nexus and I can PM you the adult modding sites that have another 5 thousand mods.

Regardless, most of the mods I listed are used in both games. If you ever play Oblivion you need everything on this list.

*******BUT if you have a modern gaming rig with a better video card then forget about this set up. I will be posting a link for a super set up for more powerful computers. My brother uses this setup and it is amazing. It is basically the same mods listed here but with some KEY differences.

This makes Oblivion a completely different game. It becomes much harder. This is the BEST set up you can get period. Anybody who knows anything about this game will agree. Anyone who says anything different does not know their ass from their head.

***People who have played on XBox have no idea what Oblivion really is and from what I have read here it seems others gave up and judged too quickly***

So this is for everyone who thinks they know what Oblivion is but who really don't know anything about the game :P

The Advanced Oblivion Set Up - The Best there is period.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul aka OOO

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/OOO/OOO_Guide.html

Trust me. I know what I am talking about here. OOO is a system-resource intensive mod. It may slow down your game. This will vary a lot depending on your system and it may also improve as you play the mod for a while. It's a good idea to have more than 1Gb of RAM.

Then after you install this I recommend people download;

Mbp ++ allin1 omod v2.1beta

You need all these mods to play the cute Asian anime Races that are not allowed on TESNEXUS because they look like children even though they are not children.

The omod file includes all this;

bp1.8 basefiles (for chanpon)

Mbp 1.4

MBP++ 0.98a

MBP++ Eng Race option (engdialog removed)

x117++ 0.78

x117++ Eng Race option

Chocolate elves BP

Cute Elves BP v1.0b

Chanpon v1.0

Lopears elf v0.8.3

Lopears elf-Mini v0.8.3

working eyelashes v6.4 (again for chanpon)

esp for ashara's Siren's and tritons

Sks ren's hairpack

Diablo elf 6in1

I have the Torrent for current 2.1beta, packed with zip. so if anyone wants it just PM me. :cool:

And after this I recommend Downloading Lovers mod :wub:

*************WoW************

We really jumped ahead here LoL - I was saving this for the Advanced Set Up but what the hell.

Anyways it makes no difference because even with the advanced set up you are still going to need everything I posted anyway.

This set up that I am posting is a little different. It is for older gaming rigs and for people who want to fool everybody into thinking that they have a sick modern rig.

Next up is LOD

The advanced OOO set up comes with it's own LOD but we will be using one that is just as good for our systems. Remember, our old rigs will never look as good as the modern $2000 dollar gaming rig but we can come close.

Here is a night shot with my LOD mods on one of the furthest and highest mountain peaks in the game and I can still see the Imperial City. LOD means Level of Detail and it allows you to see things from very far away. The in game LOD settings suck big time. The X box LOD is a complete joke. In my game I can get even better LOD views but I am too lazy to look for those pics and this one I have handy

ZbyNyl.png

This next pic is of a new Land Space I downloaded. It is a massive Island with Asian Style homes. It is so beautiful. I can't believe someone made this by themselves. Sometimes these mods blow me away. Then again, the mods here are fantastic too.

6LmXjl.jpg

I am not prepared to list the LOD settings and mods but I will post it in the next couple of days. This little project of mine is more work than I thought it would be :hot: but I never leave things unfinished. Anyways, LOD is a must since the rest of the crazy visual graphics that use LOD are going to fry our computers.

Lucky for you I know the tricks so we won't melt our video cards.

Well if you are not into fantasy then go for Fallout 3 http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/

It is basically the same game and you have 13 thousand mods on the nexus and I can PM you the adult modding sites that have another 5 thousand mods.

Regardless, most of the mods I listed are used in both games. If you ever play Oblivion you need everything on this list.

*******BUT if you have a modern gaming rig with a better video card then forget about this set up. I will be posting a link for a super set up for more powerful computers. My brother uses this setup and it is amazing. It is basically the same mods listed here but with some KEY differences.

I wouldn't exactly call the setup I have modern, but it does work for me. Actually, a rather painful admission is that, after I made that post, I took a look at the video cards Oblivion supported(although the set of them you posted pretty much said everything), and came up with a problem. Which is that the card I had is a GeForce 4 MX, which I'd imagine would either run the game only at low settings, or not at all. However, I did get a different card some time ago, but had some trouble getting it to work. But it seems that I have it working now, and even TSL looks much better(before the 'Fury' screen effect, and the speed blur wouldn't work, and the screen filter on the droids, along with Visas/Kreia's first person view wouldn't either). I haven't looked at it for K1/TSL extensively(Only for another game I have, VtM:Bloodlines), but soon enough I will.

I'm just hoping that it will run Oblivion just as good, since I've found a few mods on the Nexus I'd like to use.

I made an edit on post #4 and posted a link to "OLD-OBLIVION" http://www.oldblivion.com/

Also remember to use the program that compresses your texture files. At SAFE mode it cuts the size by half even on medium size textures. I listed it here.

I really need to clean this thread up next year when I come back from my winter country cottage vacation. No high speed internet up there.

I very highly suggest that if you follow my advice here on a clean set up then you should pick a female fighter character and play

Claudia s little secret The complete story by Grumpf_be

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/33863

This is soooo much fun but it is an adult mod. If you live with your parents do not download this. :( If you already have a working Oblivion set up and want to play this then "**You must start this mod as a new game*** and disable and play as VANILLA as possible. This is a huge mod and there are instructions to download on how to install this correctly because of the size. It is 4 separate downloads LoL It is worth it. It is the best mod ever created for Oblivion imho. The final GOLD edition

is being beta tested right now so I would wait for that. Go here and read about it. You can thank me later XD

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/32686

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=11764

This GOLD edition started 2 years ago. There have been 3 or 4 added Chapters and now this includes the latest chapter and all the others in one MASSIVE install. As far as I am concerned it is the BEST Oblivion can be. Although people can argue that. It has over 800,000 downloads and is the 3rd most endorsed adult mod on the nexus

Claudia s little secret The complete story by Grumpf_be

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/33863

After getting the game, for the most part it is exactly what I was expecting - although I'm trying to not spoil things for myself as I go along, save for when I just can't figure something out.

I do find it interesting that, given the mods I've installed(quite a few, and I've mostly avoided conflicts), that this is the guy that is going to...well, whatever exactly happens.

post-8923-0-64789800-1356095030_thumb.png

Armor is one of the game's standard(Shrouded Armor), and the cape, the knife, as well as the race are mods.

I haven't really touched Oldblivion yet, although it seems it might not work, given that I got the Game Of The Year Edition, which includes the two expansion packs(on a separate disc, I think, I haven't touched it yet).

After getting the game, for the most part it is exactly what I was expecting - although I'm trying to not spoil things for myself as I go along, save for when I just can't figure something out.

I do find it interesting that, given the mods I've installed(quite a few, and I've mostly avoided conflicts), that this is the guy that is going to...well, whatever exactly happens.

post-8923-0-64789800-1356095030_thumb.png

Armor is one of the game's standard(Shrouded Armor), and the cape, the knife, as well as the race are mods.

I haven't really touched Oldblivion yet, although it seems it might not work, given that I got the Game Of The Year Edition, which includes the two expansion packs(on a separate disc, I think, I haven't touched it yet).

I have to say that picture looks very bleak. I know you are using an old video card but I think you mis-read my post.

The list of video cards I posted are not for Oblivion. They are for a mod called OLD-BLIVION. You should go back to that post and there is a link to the website. It will make your game look much much better. It will look like medium textures which most people play on.

That picture really should be all red. Like blood. There should be no grey. Oblivion ties into every aspect of your computer. You can damage it if your video card is not supported. My friend uses oldblivion on her laptop and it looks great. You should go there right away. I promise your next oblivion gate will look much better.

I am doing a complete reinstall right now on my system so I have lots of stuff to add to this thread with some new tricks I have learned on the way. I hope people are trying the mod Claudia's Little Secrete Gold Edition. I think they released the beta. If not it should be released soon. I am prepping my new install for it now.

Here are some pics of my Oblivion character in KOTOR2 TSL RCM 1.8.1

LLE8Kl.jpg

THPZfl.png

HziZSl.jpg

and some oblivion pics

P6QtHl.jpg

jreMSl.png

AdXv3l.jpg

fq0Url.jpg