Sign in to follow this  
Darth Hayze

WIP: No Headgear in Convos/Cutscenes

Hello everyone, I'd like to welcome you to my first WIP.

First I wanna say thank you to Logan23 for helping me figure out how to do this.

Let's say you put headgear on your party, it boosts stats, which is great, but it looks frickin awful in cutscenes when you can't see a character's face. So you could either install a mod to make headgear invisible, try and remember to unequip it before a cutscene, or tough through it. More recent titles have removed helmets and such automagically depending on the dialog situation. Not so for us poor TSL players.

Well, it turns out Obsidian actually included an option in the dialog files to remove headgear for the duration of the cutscene....

They just never used it.

So basically I'm going to go through the game and tick that box to turn off the head gear.

I'll add screenshots as I go, and you'll be able to see the first fruits of this effort in my upcoming Extended Rebuilt Enclave Sequence mod.*shameless plug*

First thing is, this will only be compatible with TSLRCM 1.8.1, as I'm not going to open each dialog twice and make two versions.

And second, I may not get every dialog in the game, some will be left out because in context, removing the headgear doesn't add anything to the scene (i.e. right after a battle)

I will let you know what scenes I 'fix', and if you think there is one I didn't do that I should have, your opinions will be welcome.

I think this is a very good idea and a modification I would happily use.

Any plans for making also a version for the original SW:KotOR?

Actually, I checked to see if it was possible, and the option to remove headgear is in dialog files for K1 as well. K1 will be a little more tricky though as the K1RP is still in development, so I'll have to look into that one.

For this mod, for ease of compatibility and to keep the download from being huge, I'll probably work the change into tslptacher, and let it just take forever modifying the dialogues during install.

When I first read this, I was against it for who knows what reason.

Luckily, I went to sleep, and after a day of doing intensive study, I've started to like this idea a lot. I'll be watching your progress carefully.

Darth Hayze,

I (and I am sure many others) would be grateful if you could give us even a small update on this.

Thanks!

Yeah, I stopped while waiting for the (hopefully) final version of TSLRCM. I plan on using TSLPatcher to tick the box in the dlgs, and it will really screw up the game if there are any differences in the dialogues. I will hopefully have this and Dantooine extension out soon, so I can focus on *ahem* other things.

Just being curious, but are these

*ahem* other things.

Kotor/TSL related?

:D

• Like 1

Damn If I only I took a closer look to the first post  , I would have founded the answer to my question.
Sorry, Darth Hayze, I'm looking forward for your mod.

For gameplay purpose, I'd prefer this mod to invisible (period) mod ;)