Guest Cair

"Holocron Quest" Discussion

Guest Cair

But . . . in the future . . .  are you planning to add the part of the holocron's research with the Disciple or it is impossible to work with?

Nothing there...

Incorrect. It's all there, but unfortunately, the lines are hard to work with.

But it would have to fall under a separate project anyways, as some additional content would be required to place it in-game.

Well, there are lines to discuss holocrons with him, but no holocrons at all to be found.

Or is there more I don't know about?

I know this is not restoration, but just an idea for VP to think: what if you found a way to restore a part of the holocron quest and these holocrons would be the sole way to learn FFM's powers (or a part of these force powers anyway...)?

Well, there are lines to discuss holocrons with him, but no holocrons at all to be found.

Or is there more I don't know about?

Yeah, someone would have to model and skin some holocron models. Wouldn't be hard, but it would then make the mod an *added content* dealio.

And decide the reward, and where to find them.

Yeah, definitely 'mod' material.

What's FFM?

FFM = Full Force Mod. It's one of my older, more downloaded mods. It adds some cool, yet balanced Force Powers. Was planning on making a pack 2, but I've been working on other things ever since.

Guest bendarby24

Yep, it is old. I downloaded it 5 years ago and I still use it now. :cool:

hey everyone i was just wondering about the disciple holocron quest, what remains from it in the assets? are there vo's (i guess not), tlk entries, anything really and is there any clue on how it was to be implemented?

hmm, perhaps they could give whatever forms you don't get from the masters on your playthrough? also, do the surviving files give any indication how many holocrons there are?

There are lines by Disciple, but they aren't sorted... so there's really no way to know. For example, he has two lines and he can say both for the same holocron or each for a separate one.

When I was sorting them I was able to make 5 LS and 5 DS holocron branches. They might not all sound that well though. I'll check how I arranged them when I have time.

As VP said, the problem is deciding where to put them, but also whether to have them all be available to all players. (DS holocrons to LS players, LS holocrons to DS players) And of course, the bonuses. That has to be made up as well, except for a few holocrons from which you get lightsaber crystals (again, gotta decide which).

These lines often get mixed up with the lines of another part of Disciple's dlg: With the inf maxed out he was supposed to take the Exile back to the sublevels and reveal a holocron which would either just show the exile or actually be the exile's own holocron (I remember thinking about this but I don't remember the details).

Another part of the Disciple's dlg is a short "Atris lives?!" branch, but I couldn't find a good place to put that back in.

hmm, perhaps they could give whatever forms you don't get from the masters on your playthrough? also, do the surviving files give any indication how many holocrons there are?

About 6-8. They all reference Force powers you can already get in-game, dark side crystals, or meditation techniques. There's also Disciple's personal holocron.

I always though the part where Mical takes the Exile back to the enclave was supposed to be the culmination of the Holocron Quest.

I always though the part where Mical takes the Exile back to the enclave was supposed to be the culmination of the Holocron Quest.

Even so, we may use that dialog for something totally different in MVI...

I might want to do this at some point so does anyone mind that I throw out some ideas?

I was thinking along the lines of making new force powers, (based of the star wars RPG source book) that are canonical but not included in the TSL series, I also would like to make it not female exclusive, but if the PC is female there is added depth to it, maybe have Kreia (with spliced vo's) talk about it.

I was thinking for the holocron that mentions the exile to be Revan's, it would be placed, depending on Revan's alignment, either in the Jedi enclave sub-level (in a locked, previously unused room with some sort of requirement to enter) or on Korriban (in Ludo Kresh's tomb maybe?)

I also think that the holocrons should be items. I don't know if it is possible but maybe have it so that if you do have it, you could talk to Kreia/Disciple/Visas to activate them, which would summon the "gate keeper" I think its called, then the PC would converse with the gate keeper and learn a lesson or something but I think it should be like learning from Kreia, you had tests, requirements etc. to do the lesson. I think we could have Exar Kun's holocron, Revan's holocron, Freedon Nadd's holocron, Arca Jeth's holocron, Lucien Draay's holocron, and Darth Aneddu's holocron. (I'm just conceptualizing here so any input/feedback would be great! LOL)

I was thinking along the lines of making new force powers, (based of the star wars RPG sourcebook) that are canonical but not included in the TSL series, I also would like to make it not female exclusive, but if the PC is female there is added depth to it, maybe have Kreia (with spliced vo's) talk about it.

I was thinking for the holocron that mentions the exile to be Revan's, it would be placed, depending on Revan;s alignment, either in the jedi enclave sublevel (in a locked, previously unused room with some sort of requirement to enter) or on Korriban (in Ludo Kresh's tomb maybe?)

I also think that the holocrons should be items. I don't know if it is possible but maybe have it so that if you do have it, you could talk to Kreia/Disciple/Visas to activate them, which would summon the "gate keeper" I think its called, then the PC would converse with the gate keeper and learn a lesson or something but I think it should be like learning from Kreia, you had tests, requirements etc. to do the lesson. I think we could have Exar Kun's holocron, Revan's holocron, Freedon Nadd's holocron, Arca Jeth's holocron, Lucien Draay's holocron, and Darth Aneddu's holocron. (I'm just conceptualizing here so any input/feedback would be great! LOL)

If you want to, by all means.

Just realize that splicing VOs is not nearly as easy as one would think. I'd pretty much just stick with Disciple helping you decode them.

That's another reason why we haven't implemented anything yet: there's no way to incorporate the Holocron quest for male characters.

Indeed! I just recently got a taste at splicing VO's for my mod, that is why I wanted to have them as items you find and then you talk to either of the three mentioned above and you will then talk to the gate keeper personally. I'm thinking maybe 2-3 lines per character, but aside from the technical difficulties any ideas of who they should belong to, what force powers or items should they give?

what FP or items should they give?

As far as Force Powers, Holocrons traditionally would teach rare or forbidden techniques, so something along those lines would be appropriate. (I'm sure you'll be creative :cool: )

I'd stick to just getting 5 based on your alignment. being able to get all seems a bit much.

Some holocrons could give stat bonuses like some party members give you for progressing thru their dialogue tree. I also like the idea of disciple taking you to a hidden chamber of Dantooine at end game because it gives him a pay off equivalent to handmaiden confronting Atris.

I think we could have Exar Kun's holocron, Revan's holocron, Freedon Nadd's holocron, Arca Jeth's holocron, Lucien Draay's holocron, and Darth Aneddu's holocron. (I'm just conceptualizing here so any input/feedback would be great! LOL)

I don't recommend that Revan's holocron should be able to be located. Seeing as it was already written that it is located on Lehon (or Rakata Prime or the Unknown World, if you prefer) and you can't get to that planet in KotOR2 without recreating that planet, I'd skip that one. The others certainly seem like good ideas though!