Darth_Sapiens

G0-T0 Overhaul

I am going to re-do G0-T0 as I always hated how he/it looked. Any suggestions? I might consider redoing dialogue, vo's too if the community wishes. I always wished we could have a melee droid, (While I like the HK melee mod, I hate the vanilla G0-T0.)

Here is my proposal: G0-T0 at present is a fat round, non essential droid. Let's make him into an assassin droid to rival HK-47, and make a reason to actually use him in your party. XD (Pictures of droid concept art, or models would be good, any suggestions period would be helpful) :help:

Holy crap, are you a mind reader? I had this story idea eating away in my head for awhile, even with a melee droid that replaces G0-T0. While I find G0-T0's story and motivations interesting, he is essentially a useless companion.

Basic Background:

I was thinking after seeing the results the highly successful HK-47, Revan (or Malak) would commission another droid to specifically combat Jedi even in melee combat. It would be based on the HK line but could include components and characteristics of Krath war droids and/or the Mark VII experimental assassin droid (the droid Revan encountered on Korriban). It would go on to kill many Jedi during the Jedi Civil War where it would be acquired by G0-T0 to accompany the Exile in it's steed.

I don't know if you can create a new droid model, but since it's based off of the HK line, a re-skin of Hk-47 should be sufficient.

KOTOR II Role:

Since the droid would have components of the Mark VII experimental droid, it could also grow to appreciate life and regret its actions during the Jedi Civil War. It would be another light sided droid, but unlike T3, it could be swayed towards the dark side (let's say through justifying killing to help the many or something of that nature). For example, it could be appalled by your actions if you force persuade those muggers on Nar Shaddaa to jump but the influence could be gained if the deaths were justified in helping that refuge. Perhaps it could also have an existentialist crisis.

His intro dialogue could be reused G0-T0 dialogue but with this droid in its steed and more dialogue to cement this new droids place. When HK-47 confronts G0-T0, this droid could be by his side, and have dialogue to his former boss. Maybe he could be a companion to HK during his assault on the factory, but then again the two would probably not get along that closely. His interactions, with the other companions could be a replacement for G0-T0's interactions. It would be amusing to see Hk-47 call him "the fat one". Since Bao-Dur's remote never gets any love, this droid and remote could have friendly conversations with each other on their places in the universe and other droid stuff (like motivators, upgrades, and boys). This droid would also be able to fill in G0-T0's role in the side quest to determine that Goto is a droid.

To make him unlike G0-T0, the droid actually has to be useful enough for mission consideration but not too overpowered that he always used no matter what. Since he's an assassination droid, his skills shouldn't be high like T3's. If he could use lightsabers (or other melees), he would essentially be another Bao-Dur without the tech specialty or force powers. I guess to balance that out, he would have the droid upgrades and attachments to use in combat. Though another idea would be a unique attachment that acts just like Mira's wrist mounted rocket launcher (that could work on either HK models). Take his abilities to use ranged weapons (say his programming gives insufficient skills to use one) so it would not be an exact HK-47 clone.

This is just what's going on off the top of the head right now. If you like what you read, I can provide more details and ideas. No matter what you go with, I hope you go all the way with this mod. There's already too many jedi companions and all the other companion replacements just add even more jedi.

i like the way you think... lol i am going to try to make a model for it, to begin i think ill release this in versions,

a replacement for goto: model and a have few custom items (like the hk-47 melee mod) that enable him to upgrade his melee capabilities.

version two: a new version of goto with story, vo's and everything replaced.

to begin with though we need some concept art, here is a few i have found that look interesting.

jeremylove_clonewars_ld_06.jpg

saber_droid.PNG

tumblr_lhvlj5POal1qatgt2o1_500.jpg

jeremylove_clonewars_ld_05.jpg

i just realized that 3 of those are from an existing droid model, from the wii clone wars game , i like it but to maintain some originality maybe a blend of it and the hk-series i like the idea of flowing fabric (ie: cape), maybe even a hood.

edit: i think this mod well solve a canon inconsinstancy

In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, G0-T0 states that he changed his droid shell into something more intimidating. This idea conflicts with the information above, as it implies that the Republic Infrastructure Droid has always had the IT-O droid shell (however there is a significant size difference between the two models). It should also be noted that within the game, particularly aboard Goto's Yacht, there are several 'guard droids' that share the IT-O and G0-T0 frame.

goto needs this mod for consistancy,

this mod is turning into a good idea.

comments?

In the current version of TSL (or in TSLRCM), G0-T0 has lines where he's referred to by the other characters and in some cut-scenes, he/it even has interactions with them. Your new character would have to bring something big to the table to make me want to switch to a new character that the rest of the party has no voiced comments for.

Here is my proposal: G0-T0 at present is a fat round, non essential droid.

I believe HK-47 even describes him as such more than once. You're going to neuter HK-47's dialogue in order to add in a different charatcer model?

In the current version of TSL (or in TSLRCM), G0-T0 has lines where he's referred to by the other characters and in some cut-scenes, he/it even has interactions with them. Your new character would have to bring something big to the table to make me want to switch to a new character that the rest of the party has no voiced comments for.

as i said there will be versions, if I change the dialogue ill make it an add-on or something, right now im just going to change the model and abilities, and as part of the add-on, I might modify dialogue, I am someone who really appreciates the story and feel of tsl, and I have to admit hk is my favourite, I don't plan on neutering dialogue, but whatever i do will feel right and make sense. I well in later stage, go through all the dialogue that references g0t0, i wont change it all, but try to find a way to make my mod fit. and im going to take a look at the cutscenes too. i am not making an entirely new character, more like a modified character, there is boundaries to which i can and will take it, i personally DO NOT want to modify dialogue, unless completely necessary, and even then minutely.

I love this idea, because I've always hated the vanilla G0-T0. A more interesting droid would be very welcome in my opinion, even though I also really agree with Sith Holocron that the new droid has to fit with the party's descriptions of G0-T0 or else the quality of the mod is hurt. A bigger droid than HK is sensible even though I'm not sure what that would look like. Don't make him so big that he doesn't fit places though, a droid that can move about the Ebon Hawk without clipping is good. But yeah this type of mod has huge potential for success!

• Like 1

I'll have to echo what Sith_Holocron said. G0-T0 is a pretty big part of the game, so rewriting him would require a rewrite of a large part of the game.

Currently G0-T0 is really just a mastermind, he never really struck me as a warrior. He has an entire army at his command for a reason. Your idea might be good as a fanfic but putting it into a mod would probably be an enormous task.

I love this idea, because I've always hated the vanilla G0-T0. A more interesting droid would be very welcome in my opinion, even though I also really agree with Sith Holocron that the new droid has to fit with the party's descriptions of G0-T0 or else the quality of the mod is hurt. A bigger droid than HK is sensible even though I'm not sure what that would look like. Don't make him so big that he doesn't fit places though, a droid that can move about the Ebon Hawk without clipping is good. But yeah this type of mod has huge potential for success!

off the top of my head, the only description of g0t0 (that is vo'd) is HK's "fat one" lines, if I were to redo the g0t0 VO's (which would be an add-on) i could add the option

"player: why does the assassin droid call you "fat one"?"

G0t0: "It is sufficient to say that a droid who has been out-of-order for quite some time and refers to organics as "meat bags" may have a few kinks in his visual processing core.""

lol idk maybe i could splice something similar, any ways here is what i got so far, keep in mind, the head will not be that particular one, i have something better in mind.

b5t5o.jpg

8fbwz.jpg

5slhm.jpg

^^

I'll have to echo what Sith_Holocron said. G0-T0 is a pretty big part of the game, so rewriting him would require a rewrite of a large part of the game.

Currently G0-T0 is really just a mastermind, he never really struck me as a warrior. He has an entire army at his command for a reason. Your idea might be good as a fanfic but putting it into a mod would probably be an enormous task.

i am not rewriting g0t0, the only change would be a minute dialogue entry, if even that. i only considered word for word redoing the g0t0 vo's to better suit the char. but i dont think ill do that lol, too much work ill probably just splice some vo's for that one or two new dialogue options.

i am not rewriting g0t0, the only change would be a minute dialogue entry, if even that. i only considered word for word redoing the g0t0 vo's to better suit the char. but i dont think ill do that lol, too much work ill probably just splice some vo's for that one or two new dialogue options.

Sounds good. I wasn't trying to be hostile or anything, just suggesting that making Goto radically different would be tough.

That model you've got going looks awesome by the way.

Sounds good. I wasn't trying to be hostile or anything, just suggesting that making Goto radically different would be tough.

That model you've got going looks awesome by the way.

thanks im going to update the pics, i didn't take it in anyway as hostile. all criticism is welcome (i prefer the constructive type XD) no problem dude. lol the hard part right now is getting the model with animations, i'll look up a tutorial, (this is my first serious kotor mod, never modeled for a game before either, but fingers crossed XD)

Looks cool. It reminds me of those droids that guard General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith.

Looks cool. It reminds me of those droids that guard General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith.

it is partly based of a magnaguard model but its a hybrid with an hk-51 and other kotor droid parts, what confounds me is the head, i think ill make a poll id like a hood with just glowing photoreceptors visible or maybe a hood that covers the entire head like a veil, but maybe a actual droid head, if any one finds an interesting head idea, let me know.

It said in an official statement in the main page yesterday, that the servers were being changed due to one of them going kaput.

It said in an official statement in the main page yesterday, that the servers were being changed due to one of them going kaput.

oh ok thanks ^^

In response to your image though, I like how the robot frame is similar to HK-47, but bigger and more intimidating. It makes sense that due to the similarity and larger size, HK would jealously call G0-T0 "Fat".

As for the head, I like what your design looks like so far with the "stormtrooper helm" -shaped design. As long as it doesn't look like HK's head, I think it works.

• Like 1

In response to your image though, I like how the robot frame is similar to HK-47, but bigger and more intimidating. It makes sense that due to the similarity and larger size, HK would jealously call G0-T0 "Fat".

As for the head, I like what your design looks like so far with the "stormtrooper helm" -shaped design. As long as it doesn't look like HK's head, I think it works.

thanks, i dont think the model is final but im glad you like it ^^

Amazing work! I would definitely use this, G0-T0 is so annoying in vanilla.

now i have the model but no bones, i think ill use the nihlus animations because of the cape (and i like em more any way XD) just starting the process now, once i have a model that well display in game, next well be GFF & 2da edits,

is there a good tutorial anywhere on how to make tsl patcher install?

now i have the model but no bones, i think ill use the nihlus animations because of the cape (and i like em more any way XD) just starting the process now, once i have a model that well display in game, next well be GFF & 2da edits,

is there a good tutorial anywhere on how to make tsl patcher install?

I used Stoffe's TSLPatcher thread on lucasforums

LInk

And the tutorial of how to edit .2da files with it

Link 2

I think there's also a set of instructions in the TSLPatcher download

TSLPatcher Download

today i redid the body texture, (it wasn't high-res enough)

xi6pn.jpg

i also made a new cape texture, (i'm thinking about making it less gray and more black)

jw8m2.jpg

now here is my bone of contempt, the stupid head texture needs to be enhanced, but because its from another model (wardroid) the head is a small area of the actual texure (the rest is the body etc.), so to make it a decent resolution, texture size, if i'm correct, well be BIG for a head texture.

dvjzo.jpg

so all of a sudden it came to me, would a human head work on it? (just randomly its, a droid after all), then i thought, wait g0t0 has a holo of his "human" form, so i ask you the community,

:help: would you like to see a droid head, or a holo g0t0 head (that bearded dude) on the model? :help:

(i lean towards the droid personally)

p.s

if enough people want it i'll try to make it if i can XD,