Kimbaras

Question on making an item upgradeable in game

Hey guys.

First of all not sure if this is the right place to post this question, so sorry in advance if I'm doing it wrong.

Just a little question (I think): I'm going to play KOTOR 2 (again xD) this time with TSLRCM 1.8 and I'm also using some other mods, one of those is TFU Lightsaber pikes for TSL. I've read in the mod description that the pikes are not upgradeable, so my question is: could you explain me how to make them upgradeable? I think I just need to set them as double-bladed lightsabers, but i don't know how to do it, so if you could point me in the right way it would very appreciated.

Of course, if this is too difficult to be explained I'll abandon the idea. Anyway, thanks in advance :)

Try first downloading KotOR Tool (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/)

Then go into your override or wherever the pike mod is installed, right click on the .uti files, make it open with KotOR Tool, open it in KotOR Tool, go to the properties tab, then double click the asterisk (*) and choose whatever feature you want from the first box. Now, if you want this to require an in-game upgrade, go to the last box "Upgrade required to activate" and choose from the list of items. Do this as many times as you want by going double clicking the asterisk. I believe this is the only way to do it. Perhaps someone can find a simpler way.

In case anyone still cares, I've investigated this at length. First of all, Dan's advice above is for Kotor 1 items. Remember how in K1, weapons and armors only had 1 possible upgrade per slot, and what that upgrade did exactly depended on the weapon or armor itself? Yeah. That's what those "Upgrade required to activate" properties were for.

In Kotor 2, upgradeability is governed by the UpgradeLevel field. Here's a list of UpgradeLevel values, taken from

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Mandalorian16965/ar/t51.htm

Robes (Knight & Master)    1
Armored Robes (Zal Shey) 2
Light Armors            2
Medium Armors        3
Heavy Armors         4
Regular  (Non-Powered)   1
Vibro Weapons (Powered) 2
Lightsabers  (All Types)      3
Blasters (Scope Only)             1
Blasters (Scope,Chamber)        2
Blasters (All Upgrades)             3

So, in order to change upgradeability, you have to open the relevant .uti file and change the UpgradeLevel value.

The tricky thing is that Kotor Tool's display of .uti files is buggy, and it won't show you the UpgradeLevel correctly, or allow you to change it. Use KGFF instead.

(BTW, when using KGFF, after changing a value in the edit boxes on the right side, be sure to then click on the left side of the window, so that you see the value listed there update. Took me forever to figure out why the hell my changes weren't being saved!).

For armors you can still use Kotor Tool, because it (faultily) displays UpgradeLevel in the Body Variation box, so if you change the Body Variation value, you're actually changing the upgrade level! For weapons, you have no choice but to use KGFF.

• Thanks 2

For armors you can still use Kotor Tool, because it (faultily) displays UpgradeLevel in the Body Variation box, so if you change the Body Variation value, you're actually changing the upgrade level! For weapons, you have no choice but to use KGFF.

It does? I thought it simply sets Body Variation with the value of upgrade level. Haven't tested, though, I rather use KGFF.

I tried to do this but in the uti Im editing the FIELD for upgradelevel isnt there and even if I try to add one and try in game, it doesnt work