Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

1.8 Impressions

While I don't expect people to be already done now, I do suspect many will have seen the first extra bits of restored content, the many bugfixes and have experienced the changes/fixes to the lootsystem.

So yeah, impressions. How's it looking/going for you guys? Was the wait worth it? Or are you seeing naught difference?

The discussion with Atton about the astrogation system when leaving Peragus was the first thing I noted as a definite new feature. that's done nicely, and blends in very well. Also, the "Masked Attacker" on Telos always annoyed me due to his lack of mask - great job fixing that.

• Like 1

You're welcome... :)

I'm tempted to start up TSL again just to review the culmination of 3 years work (I've not actually finished a TSLRCM playthrough in its entirety).

But Mass Effect is on my "Do this before school starts up again" list.

The new cinematic bits do stick out, but only because they are even higher quality than Obsidian's efforts!

And yeah, I didn't notice the part about the course charter, that really was well blended in.

Apparently something blended in even more though, since no-one mentioned the real first piece of additional content, the hololog of the Droid Mechanic of Peragus... 0_0

Apparently something blended in even more though, since no-one mentioned the real first piece of additional content, the hololog of the Droid Mechanic of Peragus... 0_0

I noticed it but yes it blended in quite well actually but then again I was actually looking for it because I saw it on the list.

Just finished Peragus, and you're right. It blended so well I didn't even notice it was new. :eek:

You're welcome... :)

I'm tempted to start up TSL again just to review the culmination of 3 years work (I've not actually finished a TSLRCM playthrough in its entirety).

But Mass Effect is on my "Do this before school starts up again" list.

which mass effect ? 1,2 or 3 ? If it's mass effect 3 , make sure to download the free DLC ''extended cut'', otherwise the ending won't make much sense.

well i just finished peragus, and I haven't played the game in 7 years (been waiting for 1.8!) but it seemed that some parts looked better than others, I guess it's due to the mod ? looks good though!

Finished a few hours ago. The mod was of superior quality overall. However, I was irked by the But Thou Must to make the party members leave. I would have liked a small interaction which causes you to pick which party members you would like to assist you in fighting your way to Kreia. I managed to get around this with warp codes though. Still, the mod was very good.

which mass effect ? 1,2 or 3 ? If it's mass effect 3 , make sure to download the free DLC ''extended cut'', otherwise the ending won't make much sense.

Mass Effect Trilogy Marathon. In fact, the particular reason I'm replaying the entire series is because of that extended cut DLC. Would seem like a cop-out to just replay the last moments of the mission.

I'm altogether satisfied with the original ending, so in terms of game experiences, I'll always remember the first playing out with the original ending.

Maybe I'll intermittently play TSLRCM throughout the school year to prevent from being bored.

Mass Effect Trilogy Marathon. In fact, the particular reason I'm replaying the entire series is because of that extended cut DLC. Would seem like a cop-out to just replay the last moments of the mission.

I'm altogether satisfied with the original ending, so in terms of game experiences, I'll always remember the first playing out with the original ending.

Maybe I'll intermittently play TSLRCM throughout the school year to prevent from being bored.

I did that when the EC came out! I tried to do a perfect playthough and I fell short of the perfect playthrough and EMS for Shepard to survive by 4 EMS. I chose the Destroy Ending and Shepard still survived! Yes apparently my Shepard is so badass that he CAN survive the destroy ending without enough EMS!

I did that when the EC came out! I tried to do a perfect playthough and I fell short of the perfect playthrough and EMS for Shepard to survive by 4 EMS. I chose the Destroy Ending and Shepard still survived! Yes apparently my Shepard is so badass that he CAN survive the destroy ending without enough EMS!

They lowered the max required EMS to 3100, making it much easier to achieve required EMS. Previously, it wasn't even possible with single player alone.

They lowered the max required EMS to 3100, making it much easier to achieve required EMS. Previously, it wasn't even possible with single player alone.

I know I had 3096 EMS when I survived!

I know I had 3096 EMS when I survived!

Really? That's odd.

Anyway, to put this back on topic, I am currently finished with Peragus, Telos (first go), Nar Shaddaa, and I am currently on Onderon. I am VERY impressed, and I must say, I will never again play the vanilla KotOR II.

I am VERY impressed, and I must say, I will never again play the vanilla KotOR II.

Same here. Playing TSLRCM 1.8, I realize how much the vanilla sucks. Yeah, it is still a great game and I always defended it aganst all haters who compared it against KotOR I and failed to see that the mood of the game was meant to be COMPLETELY different from the first installment. Of course, some parts essentially cried "this content was cut, too bad for you", and some bugs were just annoying but overall I loved it. Now with TSLRCM the initially broken game is finally fixed and even the greatest haters cannot find many reasons for their hate, anymore.

Sure, there will be always some illogical things especially on Malachor V (e.g. Ebon Hawk falling to the chasm, then rescuing you without any explanations; party imprisonment etc.) or Bao-Dur's fate but these things are unfixable and are something we must learn to live with.

Now with TSLRCM I got my favorite game much much more enjoyable. My big thanks to the entire team for your efforts! You are the best. :-)

And I am much looking forward to the Handmaiden for Female Characters mod and M4-78EP. ;-)

The only time I beat a TSLRCM was back on version 1.6 (dark side male). On 1.7, I made the mistake of having the massive Holowan Plugin installed. Everything went fine until Nar Shadda. Critical game-breaking bugs arose. I've started 1.8 with just improved sounds/textures, and it has been simply amazing thus far. I love how a team of people can breath life into an otherwise half-dead game from 8 years ago. Great work guys!

Finished a few hours ago. The mod was of superior quality overall. However, I was irked by the But Thou Must to make the party members leave. I would have liked a small interaction which causes you to pick which party members you would like to assist you in fighting your way to Kreia. I managed to get around this with warp codes though. Still, the mod was very good.

You're fast.

It was atleast better than 1.7 though, right? At least that was the intention...

How does it look? it looks gorgeous. I think I missed 1.7 or so, but I love how force powers and explosions look now (not entirely sure if that's this time around, but it still is great). The new dialog is well placed, and welcome when I notice it. I like the attention to details, like camera views looking different (real life cameras tend to be black and white because faces stand out better - realism is cool), I like holologs being holos now, not actual people.

How does it look? it looks gorgeous. I think I missed 1.7 or so, but I love how force powers and explosions look now (not entirely sure if that's this time around, but it still is great). The new dialog is well placed, and welcome when I notice it. I like the attention to details, like camera views looking different (real life cameras tend to be black and white because faces stand out better - realism is cool), I like holologs being holos now, not actual people.

What mod are you talking about here? Can't be TSLRCM since it doesn't change any of these things... :/

What mod are you talking about here? Can't be TSLRCM since it doesn't change any of these things... :/

Fresh Install

1.0b

TSLRCM 1.8

Shem's Feat Gains Mod*

Shem's Force Powers Gain Mod*

High Level Force Powers 2.0*

High Level Force Powers 2.1

Coruscant Jedi Temple*

Obiwan3001's Peragus Survival Items*

DeadMan's Vibroswords Replacement Pack

(anything with a * I have used before, so almost certainly isn't the cause of the new effects. Also, I'm using a better computer now, so maybe I just unchecked a box previously that held some of these?)

So far, so very good. It has been around 3-4 years since I played KOTOR2. Therefore I didn't realize those things mentioned were added in. Yet that's good, because nothing screamed "hey, this wasn't there before but is now!" The "restored" or added in stuff is pretty natural.

Just need more time to play and experience more of it.

Just finished the game with TSLRCM 1.8. Liked the new additions. Mandalore's conversation on Malachor felt a little clumsy, but it was better than any other possible alternative. There were absolutely no bugs or glitches that I encountered, minus a few skipped lines on Peragus. Oh, and the HK factory was made even more difficult. :mad:

Overall, great work guys! TSLRCM has made KotOR 2 feel so much more complete. I look forward to the release of future projects from modders on this site, such as M4-78!

I am on Malachor V at the moment.

First, let me say that 1.8 is amazing (the last one I played was 1.6).

I'm running a female exile (first time) Jedi Consular/Jedi Master (also first time).

But I've noticed a problem in the new loot system... Lenses (for lightsabers) don't really exist. Throughout the entire game, I managed to find only one. I try to be very thorough, and I've found a ton of items that, frankly, should probably be a little rarer than they are (3 exar kun's light battle suit). My main concern, though, are the lenses, as I see them as an integral part of the lightsaber building process. I suppose it is theoretically possible that I have no found lenses because I am not a male Jedi Guardian (like my last ten billion playthroughs), but that seems odd.