ZM90

KotOR1 Restoration Demo Impressions and bug reporting thread

Busy with the holidays myself. K1R progress should return full blast on January 2, 2013.

Sounds good. Thanks for the update. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :cool:

I'm curious as to what planets change the most with the restoration mod. I played the demo but I was wondering what planet was altered the most in terms of story. As well where do you find the missing files for kotor?

I would say Taris would be the most changed, mainly because the amount of cut content on Taris was leaps and bounds ahead of any other planet. As for the missing files, well, a lot of it is just references to stuff or incomplete parts of scenes here and there. There's no real main place to find the cut content.

Is there a list of what changes are happening to what planets and areas? I'm really interested in this mod but I don't know what to expect except for the demo.

Good news guys.

I fixed the Dantooine Murder Quest bug and also found a temporary workaround to the Bendak bug.

This is during my run through of a beta version of K1R that actually has about 68% of the content.  The mod has made much progress, still no release date for 1.0 though so be patient guys. 

How would you guys like a trailer as soon as I am finished with my run through of K1R's very first beta?

So be excited but not overly excited...1.0 isn't finished yet...

Wouldn't mind seeing a trailer. But also kinda agree with the previous comment.

I agree with SH, even though making a trailer once you finish your run-through would probably be more fun for you.

yo guys i didnt get it. did you already fix bolook quest (jedi on dantooine) or its still in progress? cant find it anywahere

Found 3 bugs:

1. Cannot play Niclos after defeating him once.

2. In the Upper City during the Sith party they are supposed to drink and fall unconscious. Instead they stay up. Plus, when they talk, their lips don't move.

3. When I get into the Lower City for the first time there supposed to a cutscene with 3 Vulcars fighting 3 Hidden Becks. The cutscene doesn't happen, and they just keep standing there facing each other.

On Dantooine, in the "Grove" {module "danm14ac.mod"} the murder case does not update properly. I confirmed that it was this mod that caused the problem by extracting the dlg files for the quest from the original danm14ac.rim

The problem is that the dialgoue for some reason stops presenting new options after Bolook suggests asking if the suspects knew the victim, making me unable to finish the quest.

...it just seems that I can't register to any forum without some kind of problem, umph. I mean, hello everyone. As there is still not 1.0 published, I suppose I can write here, right?

It seems to me that the module (danm14ac.mod, the murdered settler case) is missing the script that determines accessibility for the options in .dlg file, though I am by no means very experienced modder (in games anyway, and actually I'm quite new in KOTOR also, but that's totally off topic), done mostly some dialogue editing and such. Anyhow, I managed to get over that problem by simply exporting the original script (can't remember the name of the script and I'm on a wrong computer right now to check it, but it reads in those .dlg files anyway, so no big deal) from danm14ac_s.rim (or was it danm14ac.rim? whatsoever, it's in one or the another, not both, I guess) ... simply putting that script into override folder did the trick for me. Or at least the quest became finishable, I don't know if that affects something else. (And I don't know if that text makes any sense neither, to be honest, but I can't help that right now.)

I mean, you people have of course fixed that in 1.0, but as 1.0 is not out yet, I guess it doesn't harm anyone to give a quick (emergency?) fix for the issue. If it doesn't cause unforseen side-effects, that is. I can't be sure, because I haven't left Dantooine yet on this playthrough.

I noticed some weird things also, and because they are not mentioned here (or at least I can't find them being mentioned here...) I obviously have no way to know if you are already aware of them or not, so I guess I can tell what I found.

• Taris Undercity: the infected Republic soldier. If i give him rakghoul serum, I get stuck in the following cutscene. I mean that one, where a rakghoul attacks the soldier. The attack happens normally, but instead of dropping down dead, the soldier just stands there and stares the rakghoul, and the rakghoul just stands there and stares the soldier. And the cutscene doesn't end. (Or at least I think the word is cutscene, please correct me if I'm wrong...) Has anyone else even had that one, or have I just messed everything up as usual? The savegame was not edited with KSE, and no cheats were used, so that's not the cause, but of course it may be a mod conflict. Still, it would be nice to know if I am the only one having that problem.

• Korriban: Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the demo does nothing to Korriban. That's why I had problems in tracking the source of the issue, but in fact it is that mod. Probably you know the problem already and have fixed it, for that if I read right you have already finished Korriban, but just in case... the n_bith001.utc (or something similar, can't remember perfectly and, as I said already, I'm on a wrong computer right now) file this mod adds into override folder replaces B'ree, the first rodian merchant you see on Korriban, with a bith. Now, I don't have anything against biths, and I wouldn't care if it would be a bith merchant, but it's not a merchant at all, it's just a... bith. Who doesn't do anything, just stands there. Why the game creates a rodian merchant with a file called bith, is something I can't understand, but then again... it's totally off topic also.

Please forgive me if my writing isn't understandable... not-a-native-Englis-speaker and such.

• Like 1

• Korriban: Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the demo does nothing to Korriban. That's why I had problems in tracking the source of the issue, but in fact it is that mod. Probably you know the problem already and have fixed it, for that if I read right you have already finished Korriban, but just in case... the n_bith001.utc (or something similar, can't remember perfectly and, as I said already, I'm on a wrong computer right now) file this mod adds into override folder replaces B'ree, the first rodian merchant you see on Korriban, with a bith. Now, I don't have anything against biths, and I wouldn't care if it would be a bith merchant, but it's not a merchant at all, it's just a... bith. Who doesn't do anything, just stands there. Why the game creates a rodian merchant with a file called bith, is something I can't understand, but then again... it's totally off topic also.

Please forgive me if my writing isn't understandable... not-a-native-Englis-speaker and such.

That's happened to me before too.  But this was prior to the K1R demo coming out.

That's happened to me before too.  But this was prior to the K1R demo coming out.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I tracked it into K1R demo... I mean, after I noticed that BoS:SR turned Ajunta Pall into Deadeye Duncan, I was quite careful to check what caused what in Korriban and installed the mods one by one. I may be wrong, of course. So, I guess the real question is, does K1R replace the duros that the Sith shoot when you get out of the apartment for the first time (you know the scene I'm talking about, yes? After Endar Spire) with a bith? Because with that file (n_bith001.utc) in override, it is a bith, and without the file, it is a duros.

Ajurr never organizes the deathmatch with Bendek, no matter how many areas you travel between.

Anyone happen to know the global boolean that controls that so I can savegame edit it and progress?

Ajurr never organizes the deathmatch with Bendek, no matter how many areas you travel between.

Fixed in K1R 1.0.  No it's not out yet.  It will be here though wait for a couple of months, we are almost there.

Not sure, if this was reported or possibly a problem on my side.

Installed Mods: BOS:RS, KOTOR Restoration Mod Demo, NPC Overhaul, Weapon Texture Rework

At some point, after talking with Canderous a bit, I had the Jagi event triggered in the dune seas, but after they started talk as if they had met in the space port Jagi disappears abandoning his two merc companions. I later found him again on Dantooine near the Twi'lek merchants in that one room near the Ebon Hawk and it once again triggered the space port encounter for them as if it did not happen. After that I went to the dune seas to check if they would fight but the thugs and still there and Jagi is no where in sight.

This other thing isn't a bug but when you talk to Tannis after agreeing to help him when he talks about not to put any pressure on the player, the first or second "pressure" was misspelled as pressue or something like that.

I think someone mentioned earlier about the pool droid and how it attacks people if you open the door behind the pool. I happened to get it to run into the pool by retalking with it but before I tried that after I had repaired it I think it mentioned something that it would engage on patrol or something. I could be wrong, sorry I haven't checked back on this yet.

Not sure, if this was reported or possibly a problem on my side.

Installed Mods: BOS:RS, KOTOR Restoration Mod Demo, NPC Overhaul, Weapon Texture Rework

At some point, after talking with Canderous a bit, I had the Jagi event triggered in the dune seas, but after they started talk as if they had met in the space port Jagi disappears abandoning his two merc companions. I later found him again on Dantooine near the Twi'lek merchants in that one room near the Ebon Hawk and it once again triggered the space port encounter for them as if it did not happen. After that I went to the dune seas to check if they would fight but the thugs and still there and Jagi is no where in sight.

This other thing isn't a bug but when you talk to Tannis after agreeing to help him when he talks about not to put any pressure on the player, the first or second "pressure" was misspelled as pressue or something like that.

I think someone mentioned earlier about the pool droid and how it attacks people if you open the door behind the pool. I happened to get it to run into the pool by retalking with it but before I tried that after I had repaired it I think it mentioned something that it would engage on patrol or something. I could be wrong, sorry I haven't checked back on this yet.

I would try again without the NPC Overhaul Mod.

The pressure mispelling is easy.

I haven't looked at the pool droid yet.

I forgot to mention about Kudos, the rodian in the Tatooine Hunting Lodge, apparently at that third tier the "high stakes" bet has the credit amount set to 50 instead of whatever it should be when playing pazaak. Not sure what mod could be affecting that.

Same mods as listed a bit earlier